jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Wedding coming up soon. Ideas please?

1. AshtonFirefly profile image83
    AshtonFireflyposted 2 years ago

I SAID YES!  Okay so that's obvious by the title. Me and my fiance have been dating for three years and have decided to plan our wedding for spring of next year, in May.

Does anybody have any wedding planning tips? Location, catering, bridesmaids, dresses, idk just EVERYthing? I have no clue  how to organize this and no clue where to start. Would appreciate tips!

1. Sed-me profile image82
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! Where are you located?

My son just got married and it was a beautiful wedding!
      If I had any advice, it would be to think things thru. Things like 3 piece suits, and long bridesmaid dresses, during the summer, outside... too much.

Keep it simple!

Don't spend all your money (or your parents money) on stuff that doesn't matter. Maybe you could save some of that money for the honeymoon?

Don't try to outdo anyone or have a magazine wedding. It's all so unnecessary. Just find a dress you love, that makes you feel like you. If you attend a church, have it there, no need to rent some special hall. (Maybe even a friend or family member's back yard decorated with lights.)

Remember sentiment is more important than making an impression. So many ppl try to make their wedding an event to impress... how about just a day *you* never forget? Write your own vows, have trusted, special friends give the toasts. Pick all the songs you love. Pick foods you love, that wont break the bank.

Just relax and enjoy your day. Don't worry about pleasing others. God willing, it only comes once. If your ring-bearer throws up and your mother in law faints, just chalk it up to things you'll laugh about later. Don't stress, enjoy. I hope it's wonderful for you both! smile

2. savvydating profile image83
      savvydatingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! The following recommendation is not my hub. But, rose-the-planner knows everything, from beginning to end. Please check her out because this woman knows what she's talking about!.

2. Prodio profile image60
    Prodioposted 2 years ago

Hi there. Congratulations! This is a good news that awaited us!

1. AshtonFirefly profile image83
      AshtonFireflyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well thank you Prodio smile

1. Prodio profile image60
        Prodioposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Catering, well, we have some very good cooks around here!

working