jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Random Thoughts/ Things I Don't Understand-Collect Alcohol Bottles

1. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 2 years ago

Okay, so tell the truth. Everyone has wanted their mouth to drop to the floor as you enter someone's residence and you spot them.  What is them?  A row or multiple bottle of empty liquor bottles lined up? Not all of us are guilty of this ritual that hopefully did not go past college.  (I'm not)  Yet I digress. Someone for the love of God please tell me why an adult man/woman leaves multiple empty bottles around?

1. Is it to confess alcoholism without confessing it?
    2. Is it to let visitors know what type of alcohol you regularly consume?
    3. Is it low budget decoration, i.e. creating vases from it?

Why oh why?  Please explain.

1. grand old lady profile image87
      grand old ladyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I love empty bottles, especially alcohol bottles. I use them to put flowers in.

1. realtalk247 profile image70
        realtalk247posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Omg Grand Lady.  I am shocked and surprised. None the less, thank you for your honesty.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I used to collect beer cans, mostly because there were so many different ones out there that it made for an interesting display in my basement rec room.
    Also, because it was fun trying new and different brews for the sake of putting a new can on the shelf. big_smile

3. peeples profile image88
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

I have a collection of different liquor bottles. They are all empty (of alcohol), have a note dropped in them with a date and note of why we bought it, and on a high shelf. Each one stands for something. They are memories. Similar to movie stubs or event tickets. I only have around 10 or 12. As an adult mom of 3, drinking is not something I get to do much. When my husband and I get a night with no children we like to go do something special. For instance last month my husband and I got a bottle of aftershock liquor and walked to the lake and relaxed on our floats in the middle of the lake with our drink for several hours. This is a moment in time that will never happen again. Most of our bottles are smaller and take up little space.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Some of the bottles are just pretty, so I keep them around.  If people judge me for it, oh well. [shrug]