jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

There is a saying that friends are the family that you have created

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

and chosen.  Do you feel closest to your friends or your family of origin?

1. kenneth avery profile image82
      kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Very true. And may I add that although I may not ever meet any of my great and cherished followers, I think of them all as my HP family and that is the Gospel truth.

2. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

Growing up, I attached more to my friends as I didn't get along well with certain members of my own family.  Today though, I am definitely more tightly bound to my own family, but I do have a couple of friends I've been with since childhood that I consider to be family members.  I guess it would just depend on one's circumstances and family dynamic I suppose.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, there are friends who can be aptly considered to be family while there are family members who aren't really family in the true sense of the word.   Blood is not necessarily thicker than water.  There are family members who are envious and backstabbing.       Family means people who support, love, and respect each other and that does not include blood relationships.   I know people from large-very large families who AREN'T close to their family members at all.    There was a woman I attended college with; her mother had 5 sisters and NONE of them are close.  In fact, they all HATE each other.

2. dillon102 profile image78
      dillon102posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I did the same thing growing up! I spent more time  at my friends house than I did at my own!