How about that soul mate idea? Do you believe?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image74
    schoolgirlforrealposted 2 years ago

I was reading some outdated posts on that subject,
    so I started this new thread.

What does soul mates mean to you?
    Have you met one for you before?
    Do you think you will?
    Do you think you can online?

lots to consider, ey? smile

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I believe in the concept of "soul-mate" but not "sole-mate"!

There are over 7 billion people on this planet and odds are in everyone's favor that there is more than "one" person who has the traits any of us desires and would also have (chemistry) with us. Human tendency however is to seek to (exclude) rather than (include) when it comes to love and relationships.

If for instance I said my "soul-mate" must be of a particular race I could be eliminating over 6 Billion people sight unseen! If I said they must be of a particular religion, that would also eliminate billions of people. If I said she must live in the U.S. (since there are only about 318M people in the U.S.) I have eliminated approximately 6.7 Billion people! From there if I say she must live in my state or city/surrounding area and depending on where that it is I may have gone all the way down to a population of 10,000. This is all before you get to height, weight, hobbies/interest, occupation, smoker/non-smoker, goals, or sexual compatibility! Lastly we say our friends and family must like/love "the one" and vice versa. Is it any wonder people have such as difficult time finding "the one"?

My definition of a "soul-mate" is someone who shares your same values, wants the same things for a relationship/marriage that you do, naturally agrees with you on how to obtain those things, and last but not least there is a mutual depth of love and desire for one another.

As for online dating it's possible to find such a person but don't expect it to be any easier than finding a soul-mate "offline". You are still responsible for having your own "criteria" in the mate selection process.
      Each of us gets to (choose) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.

Online dating sites are just a "tool" for meeting other people. Much like a fork is a "tool". The only difference is when people have a bad online dating experience they tend to blame the online dating industry!
      However an obese person never blames their (fork) for their weight gain!
      You are responsible for (the choices you make) with regard to deciding which people to engage with and which site you choose to join.
      A lot of folks fail to acknowledge (they) said "yes" to the people they end up with. Maybe they need to learn to become better "shoppers". smile

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image74
        schoolgirlforrealposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Very good! I agree with the eliminating color, location, part too..