jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (32 posts)

LONELINESS

1. Rhema Word profile image60
    Rhema Wordposted 2 years ago

“Learn to be alone and to like it. There is nothing more freeing and empowering than learning to like your own company.” ― Mandy Hale

1. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

"I get on my last nerve."
      Sed-me

2. bBerean profile image59
      bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I might be able to one up that. 

"Nothing is more liberating than apathy".  - facetiously by bBerean

2. ahorseback profile image44
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

I believe there are those of us who feel eternally alone , no matter what or who surrounds us . I for one  am always  on the edge of being alone, sometimes I chose it  . Yet I have moved beyond the negative feeling of it itself , and live with a deeper contemplative hollowness of it mostly  !    Being here helps !

Your so right. I went to see a therapist once, and he told me I was "desperately lonely and had been my whole life." I don't know why that was such a revelation to me, but it was. I never go to therapy, b/c they've never said anything I hadn't thought of myself, but that one really stuck out to me as a revelation, though it seems so simple.

2. bBerean profile image59
      bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

"...sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinking alone." 

-- Billy Joel

"Sometimes, you wanna go... where everybody knows your name."
        Cheers smile

3. bBerean profile image59
    bBereanposted 2 years ago

Exactly!  Or at least your screen name.

Here we like to say, "I care about him, and each of his sock puppets equally."

4. ahorseback profile image44

Once I considered myself an intelligent man , now though , Yeaa  now it's me and my sock puppets , hey I'm human , what can I say !

Do you have sock puppets? What do you need them for?

5. ahorseback profile image44

Sed-me , we all reach out for our sanity in our own ways  don't we . I do have one with you on it though !.......:-}

Interesting. I will go try to figure it out. smile

2. Sed-me profile image83

I knew it, you are Wrylilt... how do you know so much about breast feeding? Never mind. I don't want to know.

6. ahorseback profile image44

Nope , I simply Ahorseback !

7. ahorseback profile image44

8. ahorseback profile image44

9. ahorseback profile image44

Oh , and I recall what you said about my poetry once in a forum ,and I beamed  for days , thank you from the bottom of what heart I have  left !

10. Phyllis Doyle profile image90
    Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago

Sophia Loren, in her autobiography, said something like "Learn to love yourself, so when you are alone you will be in good company."

11. ahorseback profile image44

Hi Phyllis , Yes ..........do I ever love that woman !   She once fell in love with Walter Matheau in  Grumpy old men !

If I were a man, I would have loved Maureen O'Hara. She was beautiful, funny, down to earth... loved her accent. She and Lauren Bacall were just so beautiful.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image90
        Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes - those two were real ladies and so lovely.

Maureen and John Wayne... I sound like Im 100 years old, but they were the best.
          He was a man's man. She was a tough cookie, but feminine. I love all those old couples... Spencer Tracy/Katherine Hepburn... they were just so romantic. I think it's my weird meds talking. lol

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image90
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Greetings, Ed. Sophia Loren is the epitome of woman. I remember she also said the she wears a touch of red every day because red is energy and positive. "Even if you can't see it I wear red every day." She said. She was so lonely after she lost Carlo Ponte, until she began to realize how valuable it is to love Self..

12. ahorseback profile image44

Yes , that's so true , for me its all a mirage though ! Is there ever a truly awesome love !   Why does it evade so many ?  How teasingly  perfect love really is .

I guess there comes a time where we realize love never had anything to do with what we got and everything to do with what we gave. We'll never feel loved by receiving like we will in giving. It seems so backwards, but God's ways are higher than ours.

1. ahorseback profile image44
        ahorsebackposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You said it right here in these words ! " with what we gave " ,  you on my friend , you won.

13. ahorseback profile image44

Umm , I believe that you  truly have it together my friend !

Oh sure... I know everything. Just ask me. It's the implementation of all the good things I know that I struggle with. smile

14. ahorseback profile image44

"in what we gave " !  I believe that about says it all ! and you know what , you said it .

Thanks Ed. smile

15. ahorseback profile image44

Strange in a way isn't it , Too have had it all yet yearn for more !  I love the "wearing red " thing , my God that woman was gorgeous !

working