jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What to do if a friend is suicidal/keeps trying to kill themselves?

1. danicole profile image83
    danicoleposted 22 months ago

More info on friend:
    Already taking medication and seeing a therapist
    Very close .............

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
      Kathryn L Hillposted 22 months ago in reply to this

In her next life she will be born with physical deformities, according to Eastern understanding, It is the karma for taking one's own life; for not appreciating the body and the gift of life. There will be consequences; one cannot just die one's problems away. If she hangs on and tries to tackle her problems she will become a wiser, smarter and more capable person. I don't know if she will listen or believe you, if you tell her this. But, she must know that death will not end her problems. To take her own life is to compound them.

Take it or leave it.

PS I have a friend whose daughter's friend was just struck by a car as she was walking. I expressed great sympathy for her since she had a concussion with blood coming out of her ear and a huge gash on her head near her ear. The girl said.. "yeah, she couldn't talk for three days… as soon as she could she was on her cell phone calling her heroin dealer."
      Honestly, a heroin addiction and a concussion? A concussion alone makes you want to take off your own head… I can't even imagine a concussion compounded with addiction.
      (Life is sure hard, isn't it? We are all survivors and triumphant soldiers of life.)

I would help your friend get in touch with her will… what does she value in life? Give it to her!

2. Castlepaloma profile image24
      Castlepalomaposted 22 months ago in reply to this

The best medication and  therapy is getting in contact with people you love or they love you.

The greatest  reason people take their lives, is lack of love.  Baby's die from lack of love to old people who die off from lack of love.

I love the world and love you too.
      I'm sure there is some there closer, who loves you more.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
    schoolgirlforrealposted 22 months ago

Perhaps a spiritual awakening would help.

Prayer is a good coping skill....

Maybe they don't realize how special they are and were created unique by a God who loves them?

Are they severely depressed?

DBT and CBT help, day programs, clubhouses...support....from friends and family