jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

People who insult you often are mirroring themselves!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
    schoolgirlforrealposted 22 months ago

Have you ever noticed that the nasty, unnecessary, mean things some people say about others--- is actually true about themselves?

For example:

What good is it to say to someone (you think they'll never be a good wife or husband?)

It may not happen with you----that doesn't mean they won't find someone that suits them better than you. Often times --in this case--- the same occurs with THAT person. THEY can't live with anyone ( they actually say all the time how much they can't stand people).....

Sucks how rude people are sometimes.

I blame it on the alcohol (this person drinks) and on their own BAGGAGE.

1. lambservant profile image94
      lambservantposted 22 months ago in reply to this

This is a good topic. Definitely they are revealing themselves. I see it on HP's by the cowardly trolls that accuse people of being narrow minded and argumentative and refuse to see the topic any other way. A name is called or an insult that the writer of the hub is ignorant, yada yada. They write long drawn our comments time after time on one hub. They keep just mild enough to not get the boot off of HP. Everything they've said about the writer is actually true for them.

2. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I agree, that's why on my profile I wrote:
      In Life, we are always meeting ourselves (those who mirror us)

Remember  to Know your ideal, letting your purposes and dealings with others always be creative and constructive (for we are ever meeting ourselves: and what goes out comes back).

If we like who we are there will be great experiences with other people. If we do not like who we are, we will think of people as troublesome and causing difficulty or annoyance (of course those who attack, are difficult, because they want to be)

The main purpose for our manifesting in the earth is for the glorification of God and not just for free thinking and individualism, though we each manifest according to our own purpose.

3. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

The words people speak say more about the person speaking, than who, or what they are speaking about

1. Castlepaloma profile image27
        Castlepalomaposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Never get insulted, because if it's true, you’re learning something. It’s a good opportunity to work on what is weakest about yourself, first.  If it's a nonsense statement, just move on and ignore.

Once was called LAWLESS.
        It's true I don't agree with some old laws or a 1000s new laws designed to in-debt people into slavery.  Yet do respect laws because they can really harm you anyways. Who says you can't bend or change LAWS?   Do what you want, just don’t harm anyone and why would you harm anyone plus the one you love most.
        The most important person you must like or better love,  in the mirror, is you. That will be the true reflection of you and best to share or being of true service.

4. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 22 months ago in reply to this

The syndrome you are referring to is a Defense Mechanism called Psychological Projection. "Psychological Projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend  themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others.  For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection)

The syndrome often goes hand-in-hand with a Persecutory Delusion (persecution complex), the most common form of delusion in Schizophrenia. (They believe people are stalking them when, in fact, most people could care less about them.)

These people are often jealous of over-achievers and sometimes engage in diatribes against them because the achievements of others intimidate them and are seen as personal threats and attacks to their sick egos. They often claim to have magical powers which boost their imagined self-worth; in reality, they have no accomplishments and are societal misfits.

In the industrialized world, more than 1/3 of the population suffers from some sort of mental health problem, so these types of people are everywhere among us. And, yes, alcohol abuse can damage the brain and the damage is particularly apparent in the over 55 crowd who have more years of abuse under their belts and in their brains.