jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Do you, as an adult, have a silly crush? Explain your feelings!

1. curiouscourtney profile image78
    curiouscourtneyposted 2 years ago

We often times are so caught up in the seriousness of life. Do you have an innocent crush? Let's be silly.  Share how you feel! Butterflies....nervousness....giggles.... It's all fun.

1. moonlake profile image88
      moonlakeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I sure do have a crush, on my beautiful great-granddaughter. She makes my heart melt with her big blue eyes. When she grabs the toilet paper with her left hand and goes for the shampoo with her right hand I still think she's beautiful and funny.

curiouscourtneyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So sweet, I have two young sons and I feel that way of them also!! Thank you for sharing. Great start to my day.

2. Say Yes To Life profile image86
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

"Crush" is my middle name!
      For now, I will discuss one HUGE crush I got back in the 6th grade.  I remember him as being very upbeat and cheerful, and energetic.  To this day, I try to emulate him.  I even named a drink after him; when I lived in the Seattle area (his current home town), I used to order an Italian soda from cappuccino stands, and have them flavor it with vanilla or a nut variety, then add a couple shots of espresso.
      I befriended him on FaceBook, and learned more about him.  It seems underneath that brilliant exterior is a soul fraught with strife.  I never would have guessed!
      BTW, he has a German appearance, but his mother, who he didn't take after in the last, may have been a Jew who survived the Holocaust.
      He is so intriguing, I am writing his character - or my depiction of it - into a novel I am currently working on.

Wow, I would love to read your novel! I remember my crush in 6th grade. Those were the best days.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image86
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have just published a hub on unrequited love.  It's called "Excerpt from Wilder Ridge Story".  I actually wrote it 20 years ago; it's an excerpt from a novel I've been attempting to write for ages (not the same one I mentioned above).  This one is based on a rock star I had a crush on. 

I'm amazed at how painful it was to type up the story and put it on HubPages.  The reason I was hampered from writing it 20 years ago is because of a series of traumas I experienced, which resulted in 2 nervous breakdowns.

Ten years ago, a woman operated a website for this rock star.  It included a chat room, where she and I and several others would hang out.  The chat room closed when the others got too busy, and then I got busy too.  Now, I can't find that website anymore, and when I emailed her, it came back.  It's like a loss.  I can't go to this rock star's concert either, because few people come to the Big Island where I now live.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8287125.jpg

2. Hicks Days profile image60
    Hicks Daysposted 2 years ago

yeah, sure enough that i do have a crush in a girl living next street. the moment i spotted her, feel like a wings in my shoes, bouncing from cloud to cloud. ah! brings back my teenage years aha

I love it! Thanks for sharing! What a marvelous feeling.

3. profile image61
    Phoenix millerposted 2 years ago

Yep on a buitifull lad from my church

I am crushing on a man in one of my college classes. Dreamy!

4. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 2 years ago

I have a massive crush on Misha Collins... does that count? tongue

5. Say Yes To Life profile image86
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

Boo hoo - I just discovered Rock Line went out of business last year!  That's a radio program where you can call up and ask a question of your favorite rock star.  I never called, but I used to listen to it when I lived in Silicon Valley.  I typed up a transcript of my crush - it's Steve Winwood - and the website moderator put it on his site.  Now I can't find it - all that work for nothing!  But it was great while it lasted...

6. Cardisa profile image89
    Cardisaposted 2 years ago

I have a crush on several people...lol here goes.

I have a crush on Ellen DeGeneres (I am not gay)

I have a serious crush on a hubber and FB friend who shall remain nameless.

I have a crush on Matthew McConaughey.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image91
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

I have had a massive crush on actress Rose McGowan (of TV's "Charmed") for quite some time now.

working