jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Please please need advise on a gift! urgent!

1. Eve Veryasova profile image59
    Eve Veryasovaposted 24 months ago

Hey guys,
    I met this guy 2 months ago on his vacation, we hit it off pretty fast and there was a good connection. we carried on talking over texts for past 2 months, the future is uncertain, so we are not in a any sort of relationship in terms of labels, but we talk almost everyday.

To the point, he lives in another country and is moving to a new house, i was thinking to send a celebratory 6pack of his favourite beers and some snacks for after the move celebration. Just wanted to do something nice for him as he always supports and encourages me in my life.

What do you think? Good/bad idea? would you appreciate something like that?

I would really appreciate a reply! Thanks

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 24 months ago in reply to this

That would be nice if you are able to send it seeing that he lives in another country. Personally, I'd opt for a house plant, a wall hanging or something he could use for a while.

2. Eve Veryasova profile image59

thanks for advise Cardisa..i am hesitant, hence wanted to make it really casual..i like the wall paiting idea but that is something i would send to a bf or a very good friend.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I guess, it all depends on the relationship you already have and so forth. I was thinking along the lines of a housewarming gift, nothing personal.

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 24 months ago

I think that's a great idea. smile It's a nice gesture without giving him something he needs to "commit" to like a plant, and I personally wouldn't want anyone else choosing the art to go up in my house as I have my own unique style.

If you wanted to send something a bit more permanent you could look into some cool beer glasses to go along with the beer. Something practical that he won't feel obliged to put on display.

4. Eve Veryasova profile image59

Thanks ladies for taking the time!! we are 15000 miles apart and on different continents, it's a bit thougher to find something to get delivered on that side than i thought..haha

working