Question for guys

1. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 19 months ago

Do you still put women in categories and treat women according to your classification/value?

For instance, when dating, do you put your best foot forward for wife material or do you treat all women the same? 

What signs or interaction determines the importance of a woman in your life?

1. dashingscorpio profile image84
      dashingscorpioposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Men generally ask women out on dates whom they are physically attracted towards. There are many factors that go into whether or not a woman is seen as "wife material" and believe it or not some of those things she has no control over!

The guy may have just gotten out of bad relationship or gone through a divorce. He's just looking to have (fun) again and enjoy life. If that's the case odds are he's not going to suddenly want to get married.
      All women would be in the sex and fun category at that point.

The same holds true for most young men in their 20s and early 30s.   
      The very thought of getting married, taking out a 30 year mortgage, and having children is like watching their lives flash before their eyes.
      They're not in a rush to become their parents!

Most men didn't spend their childhood "dreaming of their wedding day".
      The typical guy who has things going for himself does not believe it to be a "challenge" to find a woman who wants to marry him!

Odds are he's a had a few exes who would have been glad to walk down the aisle if he had only asked. Maybe they broke up because he didn't!
      Therefore I would say "timing" has more to with a man's decision to marry.

You rarely if ever see articles or questions along the lines of (men) asking women: "What makes a man husband material?" or "How do I get my girlfriend to (commit)?"

Having said that the majority of men and women bend over backwards to "impress" those whom they find extremely attractive.
      They don't want to do anything that may risk alienating the object of their affection. It's only after the "infatuation phase" ends that people clearly see what traits the other person has and if they coincide with those they want.

On the other hand if they simply think the individual just looks "okay" or average naturally they're not going to walk through fire to impress them.
      Nevertheless many people do come to appreciate other qualities.
      However initially for them it may be the equivalent of moving into a "starter home" while hoping and planning for their "dream home".
      Anytime someone truly believes they could "do better" they're not going to give their all to that relationship. As one old adage goes:
      "They pay me just enough not to quit and I do just enough not be fired"
      There are lots of folks in marriages who believe they "settled".

If a guy is "into you" he's going to treat you one way and if he's not he'll treat you a different way. Then again it's the same way for women as well. The only difference between sexual harassment and playful sexual innuendo is whether or not (the woman) is "into the man" that does it!

There are no "universal traits" (all men) look for in a woman.
      Even strippers and prostitutes have been known have husbands!
      I would advise every woman to simply be themselves.
      After all the goal is to marry someone who loves and appreciates (you)!