jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

What is more precious to you: time or money?

1. realtalk247 profile image68
    realtalk247posted 23 months ago

Money you can lend, loose, or use and generate more in the future. Time you can never get back. 

I wish I realized this concept earlier in life. When you young you feel as if life is an eternal gift and you have a long shelf-life.  Like Chris Rock said: life is long when you are with the wrong person.  There is no use in crying over spilled milk but as you date, becoming wiser and more mature, you determine who is worth your time.  Analysis of who gets your time becomes more critical especially when you know you aren't matched with someone that you could consider a potential for long term romantic relationships-if that is your ultimate goal.

What are your thoughts on men/women you dated that took too much of your time?
    Do you have any regrets of spending so much time in a dead end relationship?
    Did you waste a lot of time dating or partying too much, any regrets?
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12309463.jpg

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image82
      Kathryn L Hillposted 23 months ago in reply to this

You WANT to give someone your time. You WANT to help someone who needs the unique help only YOU can give. You would LOVE to be creative, loving, funny and charming, entertaining and cooperative with someone. You would be HAPPY to!  How could someone else not value all you have to give? Including your time.
      When your time and your sincere regard for another is not valued, in the end it is baffling.
      That's all I have to say about it.
      Good post. Good thing to ponder.
      Thanks.

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Study human nature, and look for the real reasons why people act the way they do, and you will no longer be baffled.

1. realtalk247 profile image68
          realtalk247posted 23 months ago in reply to this

I'm all ears

1. janesix profile image60
            janesixposted 23 months ago in reply to this

You could google "scientific studies on human nature" to start out . Just a suggestion.

1. chuckandus6 profile image54
              chuckandus6posted 22 months ago in reply to this

time is way more important to me, but a lot of what I enjoy doing is free, writing ocean, hiking, money is important to get by but I don't need a lot of material things
              but I do need time to enjoy things that I love

2. dashingscorpio profile image83
      dashingscorpioposted 22 months ago in reply to this

You can make more money but once a minute is gone you can never get it back.  Time is the most precious commodity on earth!

None of us knows exactly how much of it we have. There were people alive yesterday who thought they'd be here today and they're not.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image82
        Kathryn L Hillposted 22 months ago in reply to this

- which is why if someone gives you their free time it truly is the greatest gift they could give.

TWISI

2. ralm profile image59
    ralmposted 22 months ago

Dalai Lama once responded to a journalist that asked him what surprised him the most and his answer was :
    "Man surprised me most. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
    Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present, the result being that he does not live in the present or the future. He lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
    I always think about this great response that is so simple and clear at the same time and try to benefit the most in the time i have. I have already been in dead end relationship but still don´t regret it since i have learned a lot with it. I think it´s important that you enjoy life as much as you can and never let anyone stand in your way!

working