True love

1. Ellie Hart profile image80
    Ellie Hartposted 16 months ago

Does it really exist? Are we to believe that there is only one person to be with in our lives? Has someone experienced unconditional love?

1. dashingscorpio profile image85
      dashingscorpioposted 16 months ago in reply to this

There are millions of "soul-mates"! However there is no "sole-mate".

In a world with over {7 Billion plus people} it makes no logical sense to believe there is (only one person) who has the traits you're looking for in a mate and would see you as having the traits they're looking for.

The issue most people have is they spend more time finding ways to (exclude) people than include them.

If for example I said "the one" must be of my same race well depending on what that is I could be eliminating 6 Billion people sight unseen!
      If I go onto say they must presently live in my country, state, or town I quickly go from billions of options to possibly a few thousand.
      This is all before we get to height, weight, education, occupation, hobbies & interests and of course chemistry. Lastly we say our family and friends must like or get along with them and vice versa.

Is it any wonder why people have such a difficult time finding "the one"?
      You determine your level of difficulty of finding love by how many options you allow yourself to have. The fewer options the more difficult it is!

Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.

With regard to "unconditional love" I believe it's unrealistic unless one has absolutely no self-esteem. Anyone who loves and respects them self is naturally going to have some "deal breakers" or "boundaries" which if crossed will cause them to end a relationship.

For some people it may include being cheated on, verbal/physical abuse, someone who sexually abuses their child from a previous relationship/marriage, stealing money from bank accounts and putting family in financial straits time and time again, drug addiction, alcoholism and the various potential legal cost associated those problems.

Each of us is entitled to have our own "deal breakers".
      It's very important to love yourself enough to choose the "right mate" for you and any children you already have or hope to have in the future.

"Unconditional love" is simply saying; "No matter how you treat me I'm going to stay here and love you." In my opinion that's mental illness!

"Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
      - Oscar Wilde

“Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.” — unknown