jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Yipes! It's your wedding day and you see your fiancee without makeup!

1. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 14 months ago

Lawsuit –Algerian man sues wife upon witnessing his wife to be without makeup.  $20,000 is the amount of the lawsuit for the groom claiming to have suffered psychological distress, claiming fraud, when he witnessed his wife to be on the wedding day without makeup.  The man described his wife as "very beautiful and attractive" until the wedding day when he saw her without makeup. 
    How would you react to this situation?
    Do you think a lawsuit is the way to start a marriage?
    Do you think the man should have called off the wedding if he felt defrauded regarding his wife’s beauty?
    Do you think this man is shallow?
    Do you believe the women deceived him by never revealing her real look without makeup?

1. Kat-martin profile image59
      Kat-martinposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Wow....just....Wow! The (almost) bride-to-be should sue this guy for being a jackass! Thank goodness she saw his true colors before it was too late.

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 14 months ago in reply to this

It sounds like he was looking for an excuse to call off the wedding....and yes, he is shallow.
        Women are seen as property in many cultures and it sounds like he viewed her as anther possession.

2. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 14 months ago in reply to this

She should counter-sue him for appearing to be a decent human being until she saw him without her makeup on and he showed himself to be a jackass.

If they didn't marry (it's not clear from the original post) she's lucky he found her unattractive without her makeup on. She could have been saddled with him for years before finding out what kind of person she'd married.

3. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Reminds me of Shrek!  I once heard of an engaged couple, where the man had a beard. His fiancee convinced him to shave it off.  However, it had been hiding a weak jaw and chin.  She called-off the wedding shortly after the shave.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 14 months ago in reply to this

This reminds me of a joke I once heard.  A couple marries, and on their wedding night, the husband confesses that he has hidden a few flaws from his wife.  She is very good about it, and also confesses that she has done the same thing.  All goes well until she undresses and the husband sees a screw where her belly button is supposed to be.  He asks what it is for, and she tells him that once she takes the screw out, her butt falls off!

2. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 14 months ago

I wouldn't marry a thick backward dumbass like that in the first place! lol!

3. firstcookbooklady profile image81
    firstcookbookladyposted 14 months ago

Well... if he's engaged to several women a year, that's a good income..

4. Robilo2 profile image82
    Robilo2posted 14 months ago

How ironic.  My wedding was the first time my husband saw me with makeup on!  I called him that morning to warn him my friends turned me into a Maybelline nightmare and not to freak when he lifted the veil.