That SPECIAL Quality

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 13 months ago
    What makes a person considered hot?  Is it looks, personality, or some other intangible quality?  What separates a hot person from a person who has just mere charisma?

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Descriptive words or adjectives are always {in the eye of the beholder} whether it's "beautiful", "hot", "sexy",  or "cool". We'll never find any "universal agreement" on who is "hot" and who is "not".

Having said that "hot" is usually something visual and can be spotted in a photograph while charisma generally has to be "experienced" in a person's presence to be fully appreciated.

Their personality, sense of humor, tone of their voice, mannerisms, confidence, cologne scent, and how they dress makes them "charismatic".

This also would explain why sometimes when a person opens up their mouth they either go up or down on our rating systems.

For example I've seen attractive women who suddenly started cursing up a storm with their girlfriends and puffing on cigarettes. Immediately I lost interest in them. Attitude and personality changes our feelings about people. Once you get to (know) someone their "hotness" usually lessens.

Someone who is good looking, personable, confident, with a great sense of humor is a triple threat!. Even most of those who wanted to dislike them are easily charmed.

However some folks make it a point to automatically dislike whatever the masses like. Their ego won't allow them to join the majority on anything!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 13 months ago

A bright yellow background?
    A tight fitting white top with black
    Parallel stripes?
    Red lips?
    An attitude that says I'm hot, cuz Im trying to be??
    No. I see plastic. I see illusion.

Lets define "Hot."
    Hot is confident and outrageous …
    But not necessarily beautiful and dressed.
    Hot can be hot without even trying.

Is Hot special?
    Hot is special … But the most ordinary person waiting at the bus stop, calmly and patiently, can look hot/special.
    Or walking down the street with an umbrella in the rain or the sun,
    Or a nurse greeting you gently as you wake up from surgery, she is hot !
    Or a valet all dressed in black confidently taking care of your car for the evening …
    Or a fireman or a policeman, when you need them!
    Or a lawyer as he defends someone who is innocent, especially if that some one is yourself.
    Or your best friend when she comes to comfort you in a time of urgent need … in her pajamas!