jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

New Disney Dating Site Will Match You With Your Prince or Princecess

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 10 months ago

MouseMingle.com, which launched on Tuesday (Dec. 1), bills itself as the place to interact with other Disney lovers “who want that same magic in their relationship.”

“Traditional Internet dating sites don’t understand the passion people have for all things Disney. But we do,” MouseMingle.com says on its homepage

https://www.yahoo.com/health/dating-sit … 54416.html

I never heard of this site; anyone use it?

1. calculus-geometry profile image86
      calculus-geometryposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I don't foresee many sign ups from men. Not only because Disneyphilia is more of a female thing, but also because  being wrapped up in the whole Disney princess thing is kind of a turn off.

2. dashingscorpio profile image85
      dashingscorpioposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Generally speaking men don't approach dating and courtship with the mindset of looking for a princess or being thought of as a prince or knight in shining armor. Most men have never read romance novels nor desired to emulate fairytale "happily ever after" endings in reality.

My guess is mostly naive young women in their late teens and in their 20s might sign up for this site. By the time a woman gets into her 30s and 40s or beyond she's learned the hard way that Disney is about "make believe".

She considers herself lucky if she finds a man who is honest, reliable, works hard, doesn't cheat, and helps out around the house.

He may be a butcher, mailman, UPS driver, shoe salesman, or taxi driver.
      At the end of the day they sit at home and watch TV as a family.
      No dragons to slay or glass slippers to fit into.

Also most men don't end up  with women who look like Victoria Secret models who cook like Betty Crocker either. Such is life!

Nevertheless what they have is "real" and something worth holding onto.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 months ago

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but the idea of a Disney-branded dating site strikes me as... kinda creepy. 

I imagine it being populated by ladies who own a lot of cats, and dudes who look like Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons...especially now that Disney owns both Marvel Comics and Lucasfilm.

"Male Jedi Knight, 40, lifetime member of Merry Marvel Marching Society, seeking Black Widow, Little Mermaid or Princess Leia for companionship, Comic-Cons, and cosplay. Age and race unimportant, but must be able to name at least six current X-Men."

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 months ago

FYI, apparently this dating site is not an "official" Disney site and is not affiliated or connected with them in any way.