jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

When should I give a friend the boot?

1. 61
    Awkward smurfposted 3 weeks ago

Hello all.  I have a friend that I've know since the sixth grade and we are now both adults in our 30s.  She will always have a special place in my heart because she was my first friend when my family moved to a new state.  Unfortunately, she is one of those people that seems to make me feel dragged down instead of lifted.  She has been late to pretty much every single thing we've ever planned and she has always been a bit of a liar.  I've confronted her on both of these things in the past but it hasn't ever helped for long.  I thought she'd grow out of these things but has not.  I feel guilty because I know she cares about me but I'm pretty much ready to be done with her.  This morning she stood me up for breakfast without even a text.  Of course she was all apologies but I just don't feel like dealing with it anymore.  Anyone else have this problem?

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 3 weeks ago

Simply cease contact for awhile.

1. 61
      Awkward smurfposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you.  That's kind of what I was thinking.  She has sent me an overly apologetic text asking for a rain check but so far I have ignored it.  I will try not to feel like a jerk.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Courteous, delayed, noncommittal replies to specific inquiries are fine. Just don't initiate new interactions.

working