jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

Do we need love?

1. retellect profile image81
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Can someone be happy without love? Can we live without it?

1. profile image0
      Maximus591posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Define love.

Are you referring to yourself (are you lacking in love?) or is your question more generalised?

1. aware profile image70
        awareposted 7 years ago in reply to this

and i cant help it and im not meaning to start stuff . but max why cant you just answer a ? you reply to ? posts then explane why you wont answer them you only disect them . i dont get it

1. profile image0
          Maximus591posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, since the majority of people will answer questions, (because thats what they do, it's a way of defining themselves)  I think it's sometimes more helpful to dissect a question. Not give the person what they want. It challenges them more because they don't get a ready made pap response which most people give.

Clearly, the original poster is lacking love. Otherwise they would not have posed the question. The question itself is an attempt to make them feel better by gaging how important love is for people. If love is seen as less important, the OP then feels better about their own lack of love.

2. Lady_E profile image81
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Erm.... depends.

I will look at it from the angle of a child, bcos the baby on your Avatar just has the cutest face.

A child can not be happy without love. Infact, it would run deep and have an effect later on in life.  You can give a child lots of presents, but if your presence (love) is not there, they won't feel happy deep down.

I'm sure others will contribute from an Adult/relationship point of view. smile

2. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

Dude, all we need is love!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzJ2NKp23WU

Recognize!

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hee hee....right on! smile

i think we need to love more than we need to be loved. i mean, i love my little bun-buns, but she, being a rabbit, probably doesn't love me back like i love her, for all her affection and wanting to be cuddled. even so, i smile and am very happy every time i am around her.

i think anything or anyone needs love to flourish and feel alive. it could be love of another person or love of an activity like mountain climbing or something.

1. zadrobi profile image60
        zadrobiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Amen to da both of yuns

2. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I thought your motto was "Love stinks!" smile

1. dohn121 profile image88
        dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I had a change of heart, as it were big_smile

3. Song-Bird profile image82
    Song-Birdposted 7 years ago

No, we can't live without it - everybody needs love smile

4. aware profile image70
    awareposted 7 years ago

i think yes. but in the context of blood relatives, pets ,food, nature and so on. but as far as mate love. marriage and the like  im skeptical and jaded.

5. Song-Bird profile image82
    Song-Birdposted 7 years ago

I was thinking love in general not necessarily to be "in love".  I think everyone needs to feel loved in some way whether by a parent, friend or child but doesn't necessarily have to be in a romantic relationship to be happy.

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

How can we live without love when we are surrounded by loved ones i.e. family, friends, maybe even a boyfriend or girlfriend? We are always surrounded by it so whethere you like to accept it or not we are always ALWAYS surrounded by love smile
    And can't forget our pets! they love us uncondtionally too.

7. starme77 profile image87
    starme77posted 7 years ago

Love............ makes the world go round -

8. aware profile image70
    awareposted 7 years ago

got answers? guess not. me ill answer any question in five words or less.

9. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Conservatives need and get love because we're cool! Liberals need help!

10. retellect profile image81
    retellectposted 7 years ago

I sometimes I feel like things could be so much better without the complications. Then comes the times where I crave it and feel like I can't do without it! tongue

working