jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

which is worse?

1. 0
    elliot.dunnposted 7 years ago

which is worse - a person who is attractive and knows that they're attractive or a person who acts like they're attractive but is really rather unattractive?

this question isn't so much about attractiveness as it is about how people view themselves.

what do you think?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

A healthy self esteem is great for everybody but if done with acts of spite n malice towards others, well, they are not attractive and best avoided. tongue jus my thoughts. smile

3. WaffleCheese profile image78
    WaffleCheeseposted 7 years ago

yup. Bingo.

4. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I don't think a person who is attractive enough can not know s/he is attractive.  Some people don't realize how attractive they are, but I think most attractive people know, at least, they aren't ugly.

Your question about someone unattractive acting as if they are is an interesting one.  How, exactly, should unattractive people act?  Should they just go away and "know they have no place in this world"; or should they act like everyone else acts (at least everyone who behaves normally)?  If they know they're wonderful, kind, intelligent people "on the inside", and if they build their confidence on that - should they then not act confident?

I don't think we assess who we think is "worse", based on attractiveness.  smile

1. 0
      elliot.dunnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

well ok here's what i mean - i worked a retail job over the summer and all these girls would come to the checkout and i could tell that they thought i was going to hit on them or flirt with them and it was annoying.  so what i mean by people who know they are attractive is people that act arrogantly as if their beauty is so astonishingly evident that people should bow to them.  but then on the flip, there are unattractive people who act that way as well.  the question is kinda unanswerable i suppose because both are pretty bad.  both display an enormous amount of arrogance that is hard to swallow.

5. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

I knew I was average so no problem. My son thinks all the women want him and he seems to do pretty well so I don't know.

6. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 7 years ago

The humblest of the two is the better.

7. JulietduPreez profile image87
    JulietduPreezposted 7 years ago

Depends on how they behave. Someone with a healthy self-esteem will have a realistic view of themselves and won't have hangups about the way they look. Equally, they won't feel they have to prove anything.