jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Father's responsibility to teach his son about sexual practices

1. NGRIA Bassett profile image58
    NGRIA Bassettposted 7 years ago

Is it fathers' or mothers' responsibility?

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I believe it belongs to both parents at different stages of his life.  if parents do not live together, it's important to make sure you're on the same page as far as what is being communicated and how. my husband passed away early when my sons were at or near that age, so with my second son, it became my responsibility.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
        livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Very good points.  If there are two parents then it is the responsibility of both.  The child has to live by one set of rules no matter where the parents are living.

2. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Both. Parents should bring up their kids together.
      Also, the son can see the topic from different view points, as the parents might be sharing different stories with him. Gives him a fuller picture.

2. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Both. My mom had "the talk" with me. However both of my parents were always open to questions that I had and were very open when discussing sex with me.

3. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I didn't really get "the talk" as I remember. I learned from my friends and other, *ahem*, things.

4. aware profile image70
    awareposted 7 years ago

i have two grown sons .not once did i even consider a sit down talk about sex practices with them.now when they started dateing  id tell them im to young to be a grandpa .so wrap it up if your gona go there. my parents never sat down and talked with me either now whether thats bad or good i cant say