jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Doubt and Fear

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 7 years ago

When you are pursuing a relationship with someone you are not terribly familiar with, how do you abandon doubt and fear? I feel those are the key obstacles in my pursuits of love.

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This would be up to you.

Don't rush the relationship.

Get to know the person, on a casual note.

If you have common ground, as them to coffee.

Do not offer a social club night scene or anything of that magnititude right off the bat. It was appear as rushing.

Use any time you can, to get the person more comfortable with you, as a person, possibly friend.

Make a solid friendship connection, where communication(any and all types) can be openly discussed.

Don't be afraid to listen. Listeners are great.

If you find yourself bored with this person, then don't expect anything further from the individual.

If they do not stimulate your nervous system, besides appearance, think twice.

Appearances can be deceiving. Again, get to know them, first.

If you like what you hear, see and feel, while you are around that person, then I would think that you'd might be okay.

But, try to make sure you are reading nothing into any actions or words, they might say.

If you are not sure about or need clarification on something, don't be afraid to ask questions.

The only "dumb/stupid" questions are the ones that remain unasked.

No question is ever really stupid.

Most of the time(except in some threads), when a question is asked, it is because one is seeking either understanding or more information.

Either way, I think you got of thinking to do.

I'll leave it there.

2. blbhhdcn profile image55
    blbhhdcnposted 7 years ago

If you are going to love somebody,

you are giving that person the right to hurt you.

Love is the source of the greatest joy and the greatest emotional suffering.

The quality of our life depends much on the quality of our relationship with people around us.

Don't be afraid of the risk of loving somebody.
    Just love. If you are hurt. Love again, like u've never been hurt before.

Sociologically, we get rewards thru our actions.

1. hoodieweather profile image61
      hoodieweatherposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Love is probably the most gigantic risk you'll ever take in life. Let things come to you and eventually something will give way. Good luck.

3. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I actually randomly ran into her yesterday and we had a good talk. I managed to be myself despite my heart beating a mile a second. I found that we had some funny little things in common. I tried not to talk too much about myself, but she kept asking, so . . .