jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Is a gender reassignment a viable option for gays and lesbians?

1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

This would end the marraige issue and since it's about love and not wierd sex, this could solve the problem!

2. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

hiya, the answer is no because being transgender is something completely different. A transexual knows from a very early age that he/she is in the wrong body. it has nothing to do with sexual partners. The transexual may not even find men or women attractive, they may be asexual which means they are not interested in sex at all. If a woman woke up in the morning to find herself with a male body. That is how a transexual feels. and vice versa. The mind does not develope as a male, when it should. there is not enough tostesterone developed. therefore making the male have a female brain. this has been proved by scanning the brain and seeing the difference. There is a part of the brain that is elongated in males, and round in females. I have studied this as part of my psychology teaching. Also I have a very close friend who has changed sex! hope this helps, lol Nell

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

The two are completely different things...

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

I'm just trying to find a gay marraige solution because I care. I don't care how they think I just want them to look right.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How about accepting reality?...gay people are not just going to go away.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok,Ok! Can we put them all in a national park or on a reservation or something?

5. Stimp profile image81
    Stimpposted 7 years ago

This is an odd topic, I think.  And, I do not mean any disrespect to those who have expressed their opinions.  All opinions should be respected on a topic that is totally objective.  MY opinion is that this is the choice of the people involved.  If we dictate that there should be no body modification by gays/lesbians then are we next going to tell others they can't modify their bodies by getting a tattoo, piercing or a face lift (which I'd like to do at age 45...LOL).  I like to keep things light as you will see with my Hubs.

1. profile image0

I'm just trying to lite up the liberals!

6. livelonger profile image89
    livelongerposted 7 years ago

You've brought this up several times - a curious obsession of yours. hmm

1. profile image0

No, I'm just being bad.

1. livelonger profile image89
        livelongerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, so you say.

1. profile image0

You're not using your *Enlightenment* on me are you? You turned me in didn't you!? Unbelievable!

1. profile image0

At least admit it.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Careful, we don't want another one of those controversies like the one between Mark and another hubber smile

working