Bachelors-Most Important Things For A Bachelor

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Whether you are still a Bachelor or now married, what would you consider the most important thing you have/had to have?

I would say for me it was...microwave, deep fryer, breath mints and a small pocket size "little black book."

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehehe you're a bit materialistic why not look into your innate gifts heheh like wit, talents and charm...

Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, I know what you mean now...but way back in my early 20's I had different thoughts.

2. akrami profile image61
      akramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Opnion onthis topic is that to save onc virginity, as I have mangaed to do so. By the way, I am a 31 year old single and also vigin.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehehe, ohh you're talking about celibacy man... Good for you though smile

2. Helen Cater profile image60
        Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow I have never met a virgin over 20 years old. Good on you, but I guess if you never had it, you don't know what your missing.

1. akrami profile image61

Can I know, What am I missing?  I think that whatever, I am missing will be forever, since I am going to get married soon. But The main problem is to search for a suitable Life-partner.  By the way, I will never loss my virginity, any way other than marriage.

Good for you. Stick with your personal convictions. And congrats on the upcoming marriage!

Thanks, you for your great favour.

3. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd have to say it would be an accommodating girl friend! I can live without just about anything except love!

4. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Peace from all the disasters and financial nightmares of two divorces is what I've needed most.
      And I have that now.

Rebuilding, I need a comfy bed and a great computer most of all.
      But if you get me started, the list gets long. I like a well-stocked kitchen and place to entertain and cook for family and friends. Other than that, it stays pretty simple for me.

5. DOAHD profile image59
      DOAHDposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Swagger.

6. yoshi97 profile image57
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ramen noodles ... lots and lots of Ramen noodles ...

2. Gilo profile image60
    Giloposted 14 years ago

Definitely knowing enough different takeaways/ restaurants so you never have to make your own food. That way you never have to mess up the kitchen, and you never have to clean up the kitchen.

3. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

persistence and hope, or else whats the point.

4. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Is there a parrot trapped in this thread?

Where is it? LOL
      Sorry it occurred be cause of the confusion.

5. Black Lilly profile image61
    Black Lillyposted 14 years ago

Most bachelors would not manage without a mobile, no way... That smart device will help you when you're hungry (pizzaaaa!!!), when something's unclear in household matters (mum, what's the difference between bleach and ironing liquid?), when your mood is down (whazzup dude, go for a beer?), when you're lonely (can I invite you to dinner tonight, miss?) and in all other situations immaginable. big_smile

lol, so you know of some of our secrets?
      Over the years men have changed, but in a lot of ways we are still the same. Being a bachelor, um, oooover 20 years ago is way different than today.

1. Black Lilly profile image61
        Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep, there were no mobile phones then, and no internet. In addition, we used to take colour tvs as a cutting edge technology - so how many channels in that 50" plasma you said?
        wink

6. Niteriter profile image61
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

I'm guilty! Punish me!

7. Jonathan Janco profile image59
    Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years ago

The best part of being a bachelor is the spectrum of possibilities!

1. dave272727 profile image59
      dave272727posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eventually your "possibilities" might run out or get married...

Dave, the best stay till the end big_smile

1. dave272727 profile image59
          dave272727posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  That they do big_smile

Just knew you'll say that big_smile

2. Jonathan Janco profile image59
        Jonathan Jancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Getting married is, of course, one of those possibilities.

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Paper and plastic! Lots of great cereal! When me and my son were baching it we ate lots of cereal!  The first time my son thought I was crazy, we alternated KFC, meatball subs and cereal for dinner. When she got home my son told his Mom and he loved it. My wife wasn't quite as kind she was hurt that all the effort she puts into meals at least when she's gone I could prepare a proper meal for our son, ow! I made it better by being a bag carrier at Foleys(Macy's) for a day.

9. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Let's see...

Oatmeal & Instant Mashed Potatoes (This might save your life)

Ramen Noodles (Cheap, just like Oatmeal and Mash)

Cereal (Ditto for this too)

Coffee (More important to me than soda)

Deodorant, soap, shampoo (Don't go out unless your "sure")

Chick flicks-at least 3 (What?  Yeah, if you expect some female friends, you can't be watching Batman and Terminator with them...Don't worry, if you know what you're doing, you won't get through the entire movie anyway)

Internet (I wouldn't be able to post this if I didn't)

Library card (free movies, like chick flicks, and of course books galore...Internet too, but it's limited)

Milk (What do you use for cereal, water?)

Computer and Cell phone (I don't have to explain myself)

And finally...

A Car!!!  It's gonna be tough going everywhere on your mountain bike, especially if you live somewhere that gets snow!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dohn, bachelor indeed!

10. supacoolanup profile image59
    supacoolanupposted 14 years ago

Cool room partners are the best choice,' coz, well,

you may get bored or lonely or just feel the "BLUES",

{now,now, don't all of us have times like those?}

Well, I'm not talking about live-in relationships,

But let's get on with the things:

1.A list of great eating-out places:

->Ones for dates,
      ->Ones for cheap, everyday food!

2.A TV...Oh..C'mon! who can live without this great thing?

3.A playstation\DVD player\Video games...{We're talking about hours of non-stop fun here!!}

4.A list of great joints around to shop and hang-out...

5.A girlfriend\boyfriend to get cosy with...

6.Laptop,mobile,etc. you know what I'm talkin about!

7.Last but not the least..a SUPACOOL bike or car to get everywhere.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay is it me or does this look like a list of the eternal teenager?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi flight

2. John McCall profile image42
      John McCallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For me it would have to be a sense of comfort within my own place and presence.  All the technology certainly helps though.

11. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi pretty!

12. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

great lists Dohn and supercool. Men do find ways to survive when baching. Thank goodness for technology. lol

13. Sean Leong profile image64
    Sean Leongposted 14 years ago

To me, basic needs aside, a car, mobile phone, computer with internet access, a few close friends to hang out with and a compatible girlfriend are very important.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)