jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

Online dating - works for you?

1. Black Lilly profile image77
    Black Lillyposted 6 years ago

Just curious. Gave that up already, prefer face-to-face encounters myself...

1. 61
      C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Gave that up myself.  Massive misrepresentation tends to occur.

2. seyiari profile image58
      seyiariposted 6 years ago in reply to this

well dating workins differently for different people. what work for A might not work for B. what i will tell you is find what's working or what will work for you and do it.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image52
        alexandriaruthkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with this comment,

2. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

I have  known people who made it work, I mean, they met on line, but eventually it has to move into "real world" realm...

1. dejajolie profile image59
      dejajolieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes just had this convo here @ work. I don't see the diff., if you meet someone out @ bar, social event, etc. they are essentially still a stranger. Meeting someone online you can have a few conversations and decide if you want to see them in the flesh... and if not, you move on, no harm no foul. I don't have a preference one way or the other, I am currently dating and meet people out in social aspects and online.

1. 0
        Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i think i agree? i was kinda confused about the question... is it asking about how you meet, or the whole dating process? how you meet makes for a good story....to make a lasting romantic relationship, it has to go beyond superficial....on any platform

3. Jonathan Janco profile image81
    Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago

I agree with Lilly here. Online you can't read body language or hear a tone of voice. In person, someone can't help but show what they don't want you to see.

Yeah but you can read out the undesireables and take it from there, online does lead to real-life if you want it to

1. Jonathan Janco profile image81
        Jonathan Jancoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, just can't trust it. Too many spammers and wayyy too many controlling hands at work.

Thats when you rely on good ole' intuition... like I stated before (in another hun) there are flags people choose to ignore whether meeting the person online or in person, you just know if someone is BS'ing or not. I have met and dated (all long-term) three people I met online and they were who they said they were, just didn't work out just like any other relationship.
          Ex: you meet someone thru an online site, you exchagne a few emails, exchange phone numbers and after a few months decide to meet. You meet in a local public place for dinner, etc. -if sparks are still there, continue to date, if not, don't.

Potential Red Flags:
          Person keeps putting off meeting
          Only call you during normal work hours 9-5
          They seem too good to be true-no flaws!

THEN GO WITH YOUR GUTT AND bail..... there is no fool-proof system out there, I think people need to be more in-tuned with themselves, more realistic and do what feels right. Online dating is not for the timid, or gullible... to each their own.

2. dejajolie profile image59
  4. creativeone59 profile image44
    creativeone59posted 6 years ago

Okay,to all you non- believers, I met a ex-military man online talked on line three weeks fell in love, he proposed,and we got married a month later and have been married seven years, so far, so, don't knock it until you try it. blessings to you.  creativeone59

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations smile

My husband and I met online 4 years ago. We are celebrating 3 years of happily married. Online dating can work - just be smart.

5. denverkervy profile image60
    denverkervyposted 6 years ago

At my age I still believe in online dating, you know I got to know my girlfriends from this site http://www.clickhere-perfectmatch.com, you might want to try as well".... You will need to gain some trust first.

6. heartattack4444 profile image61
    heartattack4444posted 6 years ago

I met my first love online smile  I also dated another guy I met online.  It didn't work out, but I'm glad I met him; he's a good friend now.

Now I'm in love with a guy I happened to meet at a dodgeball tournament.  Love (or chemistry tongue) has the potential to happen anywhere!  big_smile

7. Wendi M profile image83
    Wendi Mposted 6 years ago

On January 3rd I will be celebrating 5 wonderful years of being with the a man that I met on Match.com.

Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but considering the fact that I've been married and divorced 3 times, and never made it past 3 years with any of those men (who I met in person) I'm pretty happy with the outcome of my online dating experience.

8. adamareangere profile image80
    adamareangereposted 6 years ago

Definitely met some crazies, ended trying the dating sites after about six months. But, some of my friends have had luck. One friend did it for about 2 years, then she met Rob and they are engaged and expecting a baby, he's perfect for her. So I guess it's hit or miss.