jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Destination weddings

1. Tori Maltby profile image59
    Tori Maltbyposted 6 years ago

I am trying to plan my destination wedding and would like help with step number 1 - the destination!

We have family coming from South Africa and USA and are looking for somewhere easily accessible and not too costly for both sides.

1. olympia1 profile image60
      olympia1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Destination weddings

When you are choosing where to hold your romantic wedding the wedding breakfast is quite important. The French cuisine is highly recommended in the world and France has the most tourists in the world per year.
      Taking that in mind you will understand why many couples also choose France to be the place to get married in.
      The most prestigious places you will find is probably one of the old and authentic French Châteaux. I have just learned that some of the idyllic Castles as Château Hattonchâtel or Château de Bagnols gives you full exclusivity as well.

2. ambieca profile image80
      ambiecaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

we went to the bahamas for our honeymoon.  there were a few small weddings there on the beach, very beautiful, we watched one from a restaurant on the beach we had been eating at.  very nice at sunset.  I dont think that would be too expensive., keep it simple.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

where do you live?

1. Tori Maltby profile image59
      Tori Maltbyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I live in Alabama but will have people coming from South Africa and USA

3. Rangerwife profile image61
    Rangerwifeposted 6 years ago

Mexico is always a nice place for destination weddings, but I don't know how well that will work for your guests.  If I were you, I would choose a place I really wanted, and then do your best to make sure it will work out for your guests.  If you choose a location that's good for them, make sure it's a place you love.  This is your one day, and you want to make sure it's perfect and everything you ever dreamed of.

4. pretty twisted profile image60
    pretty twistedposted 6 years ago

There is a small island in between the USA and South Africa. Its called Azores. That way, one is not doing more travelling than the other. The islands there are very beautiful too, with a large varity of scenery. smile

5. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Seems to me I saw an ad a short while ago that offers to provide your wedding on the forestage at Cinderellas Castle at Disneyworld. The entire event, for 50 guests, is plannned by David Tuturro (think thats his Name)wedding planning guy from TV, any way, only costs $198K.

The price does not include rooms, meals, bar, or travel, ect.