Dating in the 21st Century

1. 60
    Aushkoshposted 6 years ago

Whatever happened to sticking to who you know, what you know, and who you love?  Whatever happened to a gentleman walking up to a lady or sending a message through a friend to acknowledge her presence and state his interest?  What happened to eye to eye contact and good conversation with a man you hardly know?  Are we so picky, shallow, and insecure that we now have to resort to online dating?  Don't get me wrong, I know we lead busy lives with hectic careers and demanding schedules.  However, I wonder from the top down to the bottom up, why do we wake up every morning to fall asleep alone, frustrated, beaten down in our single life.  Yes, I have God who supplies all me needs and reminds me to focus on Him. But really, He's everywhere yet it seems aloof to say "Jesus, I take the to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward til death do us part."  Well, He already died for my sins and for others so that leaves me here pillaging through life waiting for my King on earth to lead me.  Is online dating all we have left. We don't talk, we text. I am beautiful, fun, ambitious and loving about every aspect of my life and dreams so really, why is easier to meet people online who live right here in the same area as I than it is walking down the street, at church, in a restaurant, at the book store, at the grocery store or whereever I am?

2. heart4theword profile image63
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

I know I picture teens now on a date sitting across the table from each other texting one another:) that is the 21st century for ya!