jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Should I go forward or .... ?

1. bukan profile image60
    bukanposted 7 years ago

I am a 26 year old boy, and i have a crush on a girl at 16. Truly speaks we both share our own feelings very familiar, but my parents does not like to be friend as we are. She is giving me a respect as a elder brother. She's economic condition was not good, but my family stands in good position from both end economy plus goodwill. 

Please provide me your idea, i need your valuable suggestion.

1. mistywild profile image61
      mistywildposted 7 years ago in reply to this

any self respecting man of 26 should not associate with a 16 year old girl, unless it's a niece or a cousin. it's completely inappropriate. My opinion.

1. bukan profile image60
        bukanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hmm Thanks Misty for your suggestion

2. AEvans profile image69
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Although you are 26 and she is 16 she still has to mature, grow and experience life. Give her about 6 years and then re-calculate your thoughts, for now go out and find someone your age and if the feelings are mutual when she becomes an adult then re-weigh the situation. Right now she does not have any idea how a relationship works and for her you are more of a father figure and not someone she can relate to. smile

1. bukan profile image60

I appreciate your comments, Thanks for your suggestion!

3. pylos26 profile image76
      pylos26posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I was going to suggest that you could avoid prison by marrying her but that would be risky, as she is your sister.

2. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

bukan, this may just be because I live in American culture; but there's a pretty big age difference.  Being friends with someone of any age is fine, but having a crush on a girl that young wouldn't be seen as "all that great" by a lot of people.  She may see you as an elder brother and not even see you as a potential boyfriend.  She's not finished growing up yet.  You are.  Five or ten years from now the age difference wouldn't be such a big problem.  For now, a lot of people would probably think it would be.  smile

1. bukan profile image60

hmm Lisa Thanks thats why i share this post with all of you.

2. mistywild profile image61
      mistywildposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sound advise

3. fishtiger58 profile image78
    fishtiger58posted 7 years ago

Can you say jail bait. Better leave that one alone till she is 18.

1. bukan profile image60

Thanks for your suggestion

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I would pass. I know you want to be her knight in shining armor, but its just not good timing. It isn't the age difference thats a big deal. It is just the place in your lives that you are.

5. elayne001 profile image50
    elayne001posted 7 years ago

She is too young. Don't put yourself in compromising situations. It is too risky for her and you.

working