what will you do to your wife or husband?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (25 posts)
  1. seyiari profile image61
    seyiariposted 14 years ago

i want you to tell fellow hubbers what you will do if you find out that your wife or husband is having a secrete love affair or an extra marital affair  with your best friend.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would talk about it and figure out where the communication failed emotionally, mentally or physically. Because I love my spouse I would forgive him and work on healing the relationship, there is always something that causes the breakdown in the relationship the thing is, is that person willing to fix it? smile

2. DeeJay Prime profile image61
      DeeJay Primeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats a tough thing to think about. The ultimate betrail. I would feel anger 1st. Not just regular anger, I mean pissed to high heaven mad. I would damage many of there things..i.e. cars, cloths, reputation. I would not be able to stop. After probly the first year or so I could get over it with lots of counciling and long nights drinking.

3. Rangerwife profile image61
      Rangerwifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Easy answer:  I would leave.  Our marriage could never last after that even if we tried to make it.  And I'm better than that.  I don't need a man who doesn't appreciate what he has.

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i'm with you girl.  But I'd make him leave. With nothing lol

4. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Move on. That's the simple answer, regardless of whether you stay together or not this will have to become a issue of the past.

5. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hope for understanding and move on.

6. pylos26 profile image70
      pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would learn to chose better friends.

7. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ask her if she would like her personal effects forwarded to his house, or if she would just like to pack them now.

8. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shoot them both.  I'm kidding.  But not so much.

2. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

In all honesty I doubt anyone could really answer this with out it really happening.

Here is what I think i would do.

I believe I would walk away heart broken.  It would obviously mean that what we had wasnt good enough.

Some might ask if I would fight for her.  I really dont think that would be for me because trust would always be an issue.

I am so glad my wife and I are so much in love even after 21 years.  I would never even entertain thoughts of such a thing

Cheers

Dale

3. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

I think a portion of it would depend upon the length of the relationship. There would seem to be a lot of questions to be answered. Was there a lack of love? Did attraction perhaps fall off? Is the affair purely sexual? What changes have developed in the marriage, economic, child loss, empty nest?

To just say adios….. I’m not so sure that is the answer for everyone.

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I would be devastated. I would forgive but I doubt I would stay. It would be so confusing.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't imagine something like that. Must be terrible !! sad

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Stone them both as the bible instructs.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

There's noway I'll share my pot with them!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude.........

7. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

Empty the bank account. Move the money.

8. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

Move On...

9. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

My best friend is a guy. So we would have a major situation smile
    So I would definitely be heart broken, confused, and leave... fo sho!

10. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

Oh wait! I know what I would do! I'd punch the rear window of his SUV out with a pair of golf clubs!

11. carolina muscle profile image69
    carolina muscleposted 14 years ago

I can tell you from experience, that you won't know how you'll really react until it happens.

12. profile image53
    POOPSIEGIRL69posted 14 years ago

It depends on the relationship sometimes things just happen .Do you leave or do you stay only you can answer that question .Can you still be with that person after such betrayel.You have to ask yourself can you really forgive this person for what they have done and live with them for the rest of your life think about it.

13. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I'd sue him till his teeth hurt.  That way it'll be public and she'll be exposed for a skank and he'll be ruined.

14. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

I would screw her lover, and then his best friend.  Two can tango, I would refuse to be appeared upon as the victim.  I'd just get even.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)