the hook up

1. Lyricsnlines profile image60
    Lyricsnlinesposted 6 years ago a teen I wished that I knew that when I grew up that there would be a prince charming waiting to take my hand in marriage and we would live happily ever after!  How naive was I?  Not only was there not a prince charming, but after two kids and no marriage...I think they are too many toads still roaming around.

I have conflicted views.  I think for the person that wouldn't normally be "chosen" should have a chance to experience companionship, the opportunity to have children, but then there is this idea of "love" which I think is overrated some times too.

If you look at marriage as a binding contract a covenant, you are more likely to honor that commitment, but if its all about the emotions, you are lost in the sauce, cause once those "feelings fade" and they will, what are you left with!

Now in the Christian arena, some pastors still "arrange" marriages by prophesying what they see in the spirit...then all hell breaks loose!  Either that really is the plan of GOD and satan hates it and gets in the midst to destroy it or it isn't the plan of GOD and satan sits back and watches them destroy themselves because they didn't have their own relationship with GOD!

Because I am not married and I desire to be, an arrangement at this point I would consider, but then again, I don't want to be obligated to a life long commitment, I want that to be my choice, but I must chose wisely!

1. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with Poppa Blues and you should always check for yourself whatever any Pastor sees for you in the Spirit. Don't just jump in, prove it. smile

2. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

Ah if you think love is only about the physical, and that those feelings will fade, then you miss the point and really haven't loved. Love is more than that! It's the desire to make someone happy at all costs and to be willing to die trying! It's quite powerful indeed!