jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

Are you the wife or the Other Woman?

1. 0
    cathinfranceposted 6 years ago

I just wrote a hub: What Motivates the Other Woman - the women who set out to pinch other womens' partners. It may be a bit controversial but it's a subject dear to many hearts: the wives whose lives are turned over by Other Women and the Other Women, who often become the New Wives. Oh, and the men who play GoBetween.

1. Frugal Fanny profile image62
      Frugal Fannyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've unwittingly been the 'other woman' before....one of 5 that man had going at the time, in fact.  I rather naively had no idea either that he was taken, or that I needed to take a number.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
        EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol How do people like that find the time, that's what I'd like to know! 

Last year I was in the situation where I nearly became the other woman, but successfully held back.  I'm so glad I did, too.  I think being the other woman is a lose-lose situation.  If he stays with his wife, he's had his cake and eaten it too, at your expense and his wife's.  If he leaves his wife to be with you, it causes terrible upheaval to his family (particularly any children, who are innocent victims in the situation) and you are surely left with that icky feeling... "If he dumped his wife to be with me, then surely he can dump me any time, for the same reason."

Like I said, lose-lose.

1. Frugal Fanny profile image62
          Frugal Fannyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This guy was a piece of work.  Turned out (don't know why I didn't see it) that he was a drug dealer also.  He came across as a very clean cut and self-made 25 year old (I was under age, though, and lying that I was above age :p )

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What about another man in the woman's life? Hmm....? Just a thought. smile

It can apply both ways? smile

1. 0
        zampanoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What about another man in the man's life ?
        Or a woman in the woman's life ?
        Huh ?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
          prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

am a LADY,

not the other ONE,

no OTHER too!

3. Google Gal profile image59
      Google Galposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its bad of the women , but the men have their choices and they make them on their own , so its not all just the women , dont get me wrong I dont get into that kind of stuff , wouldnt get involved , but the women are not totally to blame

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I am the wife and will be his only wife and his only woman smile

1. Chloe Comfort profile image60
      Chloe Comfortposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Damn straight! You took the words right out of my mouth big_smile

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

I was the wife for 6 months.  What can I say, I like candy bars.

1. 69
      logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Which prison was it, Ron? LOL!

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I was the other woman who became the wife.

5. Anath profile image72
    Anathposted 6 years ago

Never been either.  I could not cope being the other woman and I would not like my freedom taken away to become a wife!

1. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

smarty pants wink

6. Sa Toya profile image86
    Sa Toyaposted 6 years ago

I'm neither and hope to never be the other woman....My conscience would DESTROY me!

7. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

What motivates anyone? We respond to our feelings and while we do have the ability to control them, events or occurrences in our lives can cause us to drop our guard and let our feelings control us. Can anyone say they have never had feelings for someone other than their significant other? Can you honestly say an intimate thought never crossed your mind with someone other than your lover? All that has to happen is in a moment of stress in a relationship that feeling surfaces and reveals a chance at escape, am illusion of a path to a new beginning, a longing for a happiness, or a love that is for some reason missing at that moment. All that has to happen is to see that escape in ruby moist seductive lips, or a wicked smile by a woman who is suffering too in her relationship. The allure is strong and for the weak, impossible to resist!

8. dejajolie profile image61
    dejajolieposted 6 years ago

If he cheats on his wife with you what makes you think he wont cheat on you with someone else? The craziest thing I ever heard is when a Mistress was shocked to learn that she wasn't the only "other woman". Really? I am neither a wife or other woman both are over-rated if you ask me wink However I've learned to never say never (to the wife part anyway).