jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Men and friendships. why is it such a double standered SEX

1. KindKassandra profile image61
    KindKassandraposted 7 years ago

Ok why is it a man can call a friend (girl) and want to hang out cause there bored or whatever. But when us girls wanna do that they assume it is only cause we want SEX, and not just wanna watch the game,have a coke,beer,coffee,whatever. What is with that? Men please help me understand that. The only thing I can think of is thier mind is always on it and cause we call they think our mind must be as well because OMG we could never just hang out like the guys do right. And us women,girls,ladies just wanna not sit home bored and alone cause are planes fell through>

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Women have a hard time keeping them selves in check, so it's better to not go there.

2. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not all men are the same, in the generalization you categorized them. smile

3. wesleyacarter profile image61
      wesleyacarterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

admit it. after some time, you would get bored simply "hanging out". especially if it were with a man you were attracted to.

find a man who has become a monk. hang out with him long enough, and you will find that he is just a man after all.

4. 69
      logic,commonsenseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you are hanging out with the wrong guys!
      It would really depend on the context of the call and your tone when you called.  If you are obvious up front that you just want to hang out, it shouldn't be an issue.  However if you show any hint of suggestiveness, you shouldn't be suprised if it is taken some other way than what you intended.

2. Bill Manning profile image74
    Bill Manningposted 7 years ago

Males always want sex, don't you know that? I have yet to see a guy that was friends with a girl and would not have sex with her if he could, if he was single.

Or maybe you don't have the right type of guy friends. My best friend is a lesbian who is super hot. But I never try to ask if she wants to try something new. wink

We have evenings together every week. I give her foot rubs and talk on the couch for hours. I have yet to try anything with her. But yeah, most guys just want to bang women, friends or not!

3. wesleyacarter profile image61
    wesleyacarterposted 7 years ago

i think it goes both ways. sex is the most basic language or form of communication between any two of like species.

i don't think women are completely innocent.

personally, I like to have sex as often as possible. If I could lay around all day and just have sex and practice martial arts in between, i would lead a very happy life.

i think, the problem is that women are very political and men are not. Women hide their feelings. It is true that a man wants sex, while a women wants to feel desired. A women will not simply say that she wants sex, she wants a man to unveil it for her. She will not say why she is mad, she expects him to know.

i think, it is possible for a man and a woman to have a platonic relationship of course. However, I think that it is impossible to deny that between a man and woman, sexual tension is always there, whether large or minute. it is our nature, to procreate.

Chris Rock said it best:

"To a woman, a (male) friend is nothing but a dick in a glass box. BREAK OPEN IN CASE OF EMERGENCY!!!"

i think there is a little truth to this humor, though most women think they are benevolent, moral creatures who are constantly the victims of male sexuality. I think women in these situations need to get over it and address the situation directly.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

If planes are falling through anything-- I'd just run.

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Very Good Grasshopper!smile

5. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I have a lot of guy friends. So I guess this doesn't apply to me. hmm

Initially, Did they have dirty thoughts about me? Probably. And I about them (in some cases). And then we get to the friendship level, and all is well smile

1. Cagsil profile image59

Thus, making my previous statement fact. Thank you Cole. lol big_smile smile

6. Colebabie profile image61

Haha Cags. smile The guys at work are always funny. Working at a restaurant there is a lot of sexual tension... good looking people all around the same age... My friend Mike always jokingly asks "Boyfriend been hit by a bus yet?"

But can men and women be friends? Of course. Once feelings are established and become mutual a platonic relationship can be amazing.

1. Cagsil profile image59

I know. But Thank you for sharing. smile lol

7. Colebabie profile image61

You're welcome smile

working