jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Define Friendship Vs Couples Relationships?

1. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Hubbers,

I want to bring up a topic that I think needs to be discussed and rarely can be, because of the difference in opinions of various individuals.

Now- to understand why I have brought you here is to know that there is a basis for my understanding of what it takes to build a solid foundation for a long-term relationship.

My equation for this is simple- Start by forming a friendship. You must get to know one another, before you even begin dating. It only makes sense, because then you'll know if you want to date that person or not.

It's never good to get into an instant relationship, without having more information. If you do, then you are hurting yourself more than you realize.

The friendship must be built first, before considering a relationship. If there is a mutual interest, then it will find it's way forward, and the friendship will turn into a relationship of meaning, for which, love can grow and happiness can be found.

I lived with the knowledge that a relationship requires two willing hearts to make a solid connection of love. That loves needs to be nutured. Patience is and always has been a virtue.

To completely understand my position - TRUST, HONESTY and COMMUNICATION are fundamentals for any relationship. Without any or even one of those, the relationship fails.

Comments, please?

1. The Rope profile image61
      The Ropeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...if the world were logical...  smile

2. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Not much to comment on Cagsil I think you defined your point perfectly.

3. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

I agree. But some people can start off romantic right off the bat and it works out. Like ask someone out on a date and just start dating and it works out? No previous friendship.

But in my case there was a previous friendship. I mean, we weren't best friends, but we've known each other since we were 14.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

there is Love at first sight, and then it will developed from there,

recent researches conducted attested that overly communicating isnt good to a relationship, honesty is good and and respect is important too aside from the three things you mentioned,

but a love which had developed from a friendhip first is more stronger they say,than a love at first sight, very strong,  then it will subside and you will need to water it and maintain it, if the fire is gone and subside, then there you go,,,,,,

sometimes there are people who get bored too easily even if their partner is near perfect,