jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Is Love Making Better With A Natural Scent Or Perfume And Cologne?

1. 0
    timothy_mccorkellposted 6 years ago

Don't think that heart throb Enrique Eglesius will be asked to do any cologne commercials anytime soon after his tirade about how he prefers a woman with a natural scent, rather than perfumed in expensive perfume.

But now that Enrique has brought the subject up, perhaps it's time to talk about how much perfume and cologne can ruin an experience or enhance it. To be honest, I wouldn't dare tell a woman I was intimate with, that her perfume was a turn off, for fear of the obvious.

But now that I'm happily married, and it just so happens that to my delight, my wife prefers to use nice smelling lotions rather than perfume, I can state a public opinion without being exciled to the sofa bed. Yes, I'm in sync with Enrique, and I admire his courage for stating that he prefers a woman's natural scent.

Of course his long time squeeze, may not be to happy about him complaining on TV that she often times over does the perfume. But that's Enrique's problem and not ours. Besides, I don't think Enrique would have any problem attracting women that prefer to be in a state of a natural scent.(LOl)

And how about the women out there. Do they prefer their man with or without cologne. I know I like to smell good, but I rarely use any cologne at all. In fact, my bottle of Old Spice cologne turned ten last Christmas and it's still three quarters full. Whereas, I buy a new bottle of Old Spice High Endurance Hair And Body Wash just about every week. And my wife is always telling me how great I smell.

But, I know that the magazine and TV commercials can really lure you into using perfume and cologne that you really don't need. But every commercial never fails. The guy always gets the dream girl with that certain cologne, and the girl always get the dream guy with that certain perfume.

Anyway for me at least, just being clean and well gromed is sexy enough for me. And if a couple just doesn't have that chemistry, all the bottles of cologne and perfume in the world wont make a difference.

Well, that's my own take on this subject. What's yours?

1. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm flexible.

I wear Pierre Cardin when I am going to get a little.  i don't HAVE to wear it to get a little but I enjoy having a woman sniff me all over, ya know?

My baby-momma--back when she was only 17 and I was 21--used to wear something called "Joop".  When she wore that I pretty much knew I'd see her naked.  Mind you, I would have not cared if she had gotten naked and smelled just like a clean unscented woman but that perfume was a signal of things to (ahem) come.

2. Diskobolos profile image60
      Diskobolosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Natural Scent

2. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Natural is best. Always. I can't abide the smell of strong perfume TBH. A muted, soft fragrance isn't too bad but my preference is the smell that comes as standard - with your average hygiene conscious person.

1. Sean Leong profile image80
      Sean Leongposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I always prefer women who don't wear any perfume. Natural body scent (provided they care about personal hygiene) turns me on.

3. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 6 years ago

Give me a man with Aramis and I am a gonner. Aghhhh.

4. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I love my husbands natural smell! It is why I steal all his shirts lol
    I think there is supposed to be some link between how you react to a persons scent and your genetic compatibility, like if you are to closely related you would not like the persons smells as much as that of someone you are not related to. Seems like its natures way of helping us avoid inbreeding hmm

5. Pamela N Red profile image91
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

I prefer natural. A light spritz of Armani is pretty nice too.

Too much takes my breath away and not in a good way.

6. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

What does natural mean?