Why are gay people gay?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 52 discussions (142 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

With all the options why that? We aren't equiped to procreate with the same sex and it's a violation of our natural order. It's a lifestyle that produces gross deviate behavior and really paints a bad picture. There's no gay gene so it has to be a learned behavior but why learn that! Look from my perspective women are tough to deal with sometimes but thats no reason to quit trying!

1. dohn121 profile image82
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. tantrum profile image58
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some women quit trying to deal with you tough guys and become lesbians !
      so what's your problem ?

3. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why do you want to know?

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you gay?smile

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63

Why do you want to know..?

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You really know how to hurt a guy.  Are you trying to say you and I should start seeing other people?  yikes

1. Debarshi Dutta profile image65
        Debarshi Duttaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All of those whom one call 'Gay' and not 'Bi's never mature properly psychologically.
        During development as a child there is some adjustment problem or defect somewhere, apart from the possibility of the gay gene or hard-wiring of neural circuitry that makes them and keeps them oriented towards the same sex for relationships.
        People who are gay often come across a very strong or very weak feminine guardian as a child. The administrations of the child' female guardian is either too strict or absolutely fickle. So either the child is oppressed by his female guardian or spoiled totally by his female guardian..Either way ..due to too much censorship or none at all the feminine conception of woman does not form adequately or properly in the young psyche.
        The child grows up with a misinformed conception of Woman and thus never look forward to a productive relationship with women in intimate terms...Gay People often make good friends with women but lack the courage and responsibility to become lover .

5. Robhastey profile image60
      Robhasteyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow! You should really try getting an education.Even just respect and love for everyone would be nice...But its people like you with "Opionions" that make this world such a sad place.God bless to you

6. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

We've evolved enough to be able to be accepting of so many things that are different from the old straight role models - why do you want us to regress?  Is it perhaps that you identify with this provincial perspective you have and can't separate yourself from these dated and unreal opinions about others? and gay men do not stop relating to women just because they prefer men for sexual partners! Are you uninformed or have you just never been exposed to modern thought?  Have you just found it so much easier not to see the real world as it is and so you don't know who gay people are and what they are like?  just asking - -

7. profile image53
      riotrealityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"With all the options"
      Please, there are only two genders. That doesn't give a lot of options.

"We aren't equiped to procreate with the same sex"
      Do you really think we need to worry about that? The human race isn't going extinct any time soon.

"It's a lifestyle that produces gross deviate behavior and really paints a bad picture."
      I've found that most people who are judgmental and prejudice tend to lead lives that produce gross deviate behavior (such as physically attacking people because they don't conform to your ideals) that also paint a really bad picture.

"There's no gay gene so it has to be a learned behavior but why learn that!"
      I didn't know there was a straight gene either o-o Do you really mean to say that people just wake up one morning and say, "hey, I want to be gay. I don't mind people verbally and physically harassing me on a regular basis!" Totally happens like that (sarcasm). Is heterosexuality a learned behavior? Can you tell me when you decided to be heterosexual? No, you've always been that way and had no influence in it, because the idea of a relationship with someone of the same sex doesn't appeal to you. The same goes for homosexuals. They've always been that way and have no influence over their orientation. The idea of a relationship with someone of the opposite sex doesn't appeal to them.

"Look from my perspective women are tough to deal with sometimes but thats no reason to quit trying!"
      You seem to have forgotten that a homosexual can be attracted to women. The orientation isn't limited to males.

1. thekidandblue profile image60
        thekidandblueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well said

8. progressiveWiccan profile image61
      progressiveWiccanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no gay gene....sorry but we have identified a gene in men. for those who dont understand the biological issues, think about this. Have you ever known a kid that was very feminine and you say..'wow, that kids gonna be gay' that shows the gay genetic connection. WHILE SOME CHOSE TO EXPERIMENT... thats not gay. In the womb all babies start off as female, then genetic issues occur and a y gene is introduced, another genetic example... now what is your REAL question?

9. profile image53
      rialeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just wish you really knew what you were talking about. Gay people are born gay...Bi people make a choice. Its not a violation of anything. There has been a study done that concluded that Gayness could be attributed to stress in the first and second trimester during pregnancy. This is not a learned behaviour.
      You speak about "women are tough to deal with" does this work the same for Lesbians? Grow a brain!! OH!! sorry THAT is a learned behaviour.

10. Phoenix Files profile image60
      Phoenix Filesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you asking why are happy people happy?  Perhaps you are asking why bad people are bad?  perhaps you are asking why people who have sex with people of the same sex are like that? 
      Gay has so many meanings after all.  It used to mean happy then it meant queer now it means something negative . . .
      personally, i think the bisexual people are the smartest because they have twice as much of a chance of getting laid when they go out!

11. profile image0
      Dog On A Missionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hormones.

12. profile image0
      Dog On A Missionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hormones.

13. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because sometimes some straight people ask such stupid questions that it makes them really unattractive

14. privateye2500 profile image40
      privateye2500posted 13 years agoin reply to this

No straight gene; why is the natural order of things called straight anyway?  You cannot deny it IS the natural order of things - ie: no *straight*  = no human race!  PERIOD.

Why people are gay is Not the same question - not the same question at all.

There are so many types of gay now that I think they've run out of names.

Why oh why did they ever decide to call being a homosexual *GAY* in the first place?  Gay used to mean happy and carefree.  The people I know who are gay are anything *but* happy and carefree...sigh.

Why are they called GAY?   The word GAY has lost its meaning.

WHy not just say - I'm a homosexual...?

I'm a heterosexual - WHY not just use the Correct terms?

15. profile image0
      Ikoro Iyineledaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The word "gay" is a misnomer. That you sleep with members of your own gender is not necessarily equivalent to thy being "gay" - in the true sense of that which being homosexual is. Most especially when it comes to women, all it usually means is that you're striving to live life to the fullest. Thus, the reason behind Sigmund Freud having to come to the conclusion that all human beings are bisexual.

The truly homosexual is the man that is "home and sexual" - the man alienated from society, regardless of the reasons this may have come about; who, however, refuses to deny the sexual part of his being. Such a man will very obviously find initiating and sustaining sexual intimacy with women to be a chore, if not a complete impossibility; for deprivation from the securities and privileges of society deprives also from the (most especially) power and the prosperity without which no woman will part her thighs for a man. Thus, the homosexuality that inevitably rises in such a man.

Women that have been similarly alienated shoulder not this burden of the true homosexual, for a woman - regardless of how weak, old, ugly, or poverty-stricken - will still be sexually attractive to men. Thus, the need for homosexuality that rose not even in women cut off out of society - to the extent where lesbianism was considered an impossibility then, just last century; or, at the very least, in the United Kingdom. (Compare this, by the way, to the politically correct notion of this century - that would thou believe heterosexuality an impossibility in women. Obviously because women generally now are mostly liberated - they're no longer "home," and they're all striving to be as "sexual" as they can be. Definitely gay. Definitely lesbian. Definitely NOT homosexual).

However, it takes more than merely having a body to make a man sexually attractive to women. It takes that which often has him seek solace in the arms of either prostitutes, or members of his own gender; when he has not that which would have women find him sexually attractive - and I most definitely assure you that it's not a coincidence that the man most susceptible to all that is sexually transmitted disease is the man that belongs to those two groups I've pointed out: men that sleep with prostitutes, men that sleep with men. Because the man alienated from society is he only that suffers the bane of persecution to which gays so often lay claim, most especially when he refuses to deny his sexuality.

And thus the homosexuality that is the only homosexuality that has ever suffered the burden of persecution to which gay people all lay claim, unlike that which most people would admit to. For the man alienated from society has always been a pariah in all human cultures and traditions; even when not "home AND sexual," as long as he is "home."

Gays have never suffered this persecution, unlike that which being politically correct would rather thou say. And neither have lesbians. Even in those days when homosexuality was such an abomination that it was punishable by sentences like unto death, and worse; men (and women) that were not cut off out of society even then still indulged freely - with neither eye-brow raised, nor sentence meted out.

Thus, it is hypocrisy that should be discussed - whenever the subject of homosexuality is brought up. The hypocrisy that has thee believe the gay to suffer that which the homosexual suffers, the hypocrisy that has thee believe a man with neither money nor (most especially) power can attract a woman that is not in all its entirety a prostitute, the hypocrisy that has thee give the impression to men and (most especially) to boys that they need neither that money nor that power, the hypocrisy that has thee believe a man insusceptible to the street-lives of night-clubbing and party-going should even then - despite then - deny the fact that he is a sexual being, the hypocrisy that has thee impose even then upon him heterosexuality - despite the obvious fact that a woman will look then at him as either impotent, castrated, or (to use the word I use most often) emasculated. In brief and succinct terms, sexually unattractive.

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i could have sworn you posted this once before, somewhere.

why are people straight? is there a straight gene?

1. dave272727 profile image61
      dave272727posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Levi's makes straight Jeans

2. profile image0

Well the forums we're just to slow so I decided to git my bigot on! big_smile

1. profile image0

ah. stokin' that fire hmm? wink well, carry on.

1. profile image0

With all the good looking women on the Hubs that should be more than enough to flip even the most stubborn gay guy!

Those pictures are all fake.

That is not very nice!  I am sure some of those dudes worked very hard on their hair and makeup!

3. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Why is the sky blue? I mean, it could have been so many other colors. Blue is just so boring. It could have been fuschia, or neon green.

And I wonder why kids are born with spina bifida...I mean, there's no spina bifida gene. They  must learn it while they're in the womb, but it just paints such a crummy picture. Those kids need to straighten up.

Is it wrong that I found this funny?

1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, that was the intended tone. wink

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said! Same should go for lumemia sufferers! lol

*bows* Thank you! big_smile

3. progressiveWiccan profile image61
      progressiveWiccanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

4. privateye2500 profile image40
      privateye2500posted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a scientific reason the sky is blue - read up!

4. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Coke...Or Pepsi cool

Driveway or Parkway?

1. profile image0

regular fries or curly fries?

and very fine jeans they are too wink

This is getting out of control lol

It was out of control before it ever started!

2. dohn121 profile image82

lol Yeah, and what does it mean to take the "high road" rather than the "low road" anyway?  Is there a "sub road" too???

1. profile image0

that would be "middle of the road" i believe big_smile

2. Laura Thykeson profile image63
          Laura Thykesonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is an access road and even the worst-the dreaded toll road.....

5. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Dang...And then there's RC Cola--that OTHER cola smile

1. DogSiDaed profile image59
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  6. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Here is a link that may answer your question some are born gay while others are born straight, there are others who are born with both parts,  If God would have made all of us heterosexual then nobody would have tried to seek understanding. He did not make junk and all of us were created under him, here is a link that may better explain it.

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=155  hope this helps. smile

By the way this link is from The Stanford School of Medicine. smile

*applauds* Excellent job taking the less cynical approach, AE and disseminating some education!

1. AEvans profile image72
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. profile image0

HUH!?

Well I don't know how to make it easier for you: I answered your silly--self-admittedly bigoted question--with cynicism. AE, on the other hand, answered seriously and with an educational link. If you click on that blue bit, you'll go to an article written by smart people, who study the very question you have asked, and you will find their answer.

1. Mitch Rapp profile image60
            Mitch Rappposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Will it be the correct answer or just what they say is correct?

Got me. I didn't read it or supply it; I am not particularly worried about why gay people are gay, because their gayness doesn't bother me. However, I believe AE has a very good reputation around here, probably for a reason, so I assume it is a very good article. Furthermore, I understand that Stanford is an institution full of people who understand the Scientific Method, and use it accordingly.

It is a very good article and people who are gay do not bother me, my sister is Lesbian and it certainly does not make her any less of a sister to me. When we were growing up 3 of us loved dolls, dresses, pretty shoes and purses. My younger sister loved playing with trucks, sand, and loved blue jeans and tennis shoes. When we were looking at boys, she was playing basketball, when we were picking out purses, she was looking at a man's wallet to carry. No matter what mom tried should could not change her so genetically she was made that way. I would not give up my sister for the WORLD. I hope not to offend anyone but it is genetic. smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
                  earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is genetic, proof is abundant, those who look through their religion see nothing but homophobia. smile

I know and that is so sad if everyone would seek understanding it would be great but not in this world or this age will it ever happen. sad  I don't look through my religion and I know the truth. smile

2. blondepoet profile image66
                  blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My sister is gay too AE and she has to have the most loving generous heart second to me of course smile And yes even when we were little kids still all innocent, she had the Tonka trucks while I had the barbie dolls.

2. Mitch Rapp profile image60

Yeah, people from Stanford are usually intelligent. I asked a Stanford grad what he thought about my car overheating once, he said it was definitely the waterpump. Turned out to be a rusted up radiator, I guess even a Stanford grad can be wrong,Hmm

It doesn't matter what the science is; the bottom line is that once you start asking the state or the church to police what goes on in our bedrooms, you are asking for totalitarianism, so it is a basic point that adults should be able to whatever they want behind closed doors, excepting, of course, obvious crimes... if you don't like govt interference in people's lives, then this is the only way to view the issue.

1. Mitch Rapp profile image60

I don't care what homosexuals do, this thread is asking the question why they are homosexual. The article supplied seems to have both sides argument as right, it is genetic as well as environment that causes homosexuality.

2. AEvans profile image72

Click the link it provides you with the answer you are looking for it is genetics. smile

7. dave272727 profile image61
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

Only YOU can prevent forest fires!

1. profile image0

stop, drop and roll.

lol

2. dave272727 profile image61

Duck and Cover!

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

It used to be because they were happy. I suppose it is still the same.

9. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

Actually, never mind genetics, the fact that women are so, well, *mouthwatering* (took me a while to pick the right adjective -- how'd I do...), is PROOF ENOUGH that being a gay male could not be a CHOICE.
    Thank you. Game, set and match

10. dave272727 profile image61
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

Well, the fun got sucked out of this one in a hurry

Yeah, think I'll head back to the tribal barbecue.

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

AEvans I know you do not share their homophobia. It is OT stuff. I have read it. smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Has FSM blessed us with a ruling?

12. Mitch Rapp profile image60
    Mitch Rappposted 14 years ago

I don't think I'm even interested in knowing, it does not effect me at all.

13. profile image0
    luv.poemposted 14 years ago

I have not read the article that AE supplied, which actually kept me reading this thread since before that it seemed awfully pointless. BUT...

I feel that people are gay because they have found another human who makes them happy. It is not a matter of pieces and parts fitting together "correctly", but a matter of love. Love is difficult to find and if the search were to lead me to another girl who I have that strong of a connection to than I would have no problem being a lesbian. Matters of the heart should not be explained through the brain.

Bravissimi! I couldn't have said it better.

1. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very well put.

14. ProCW profile image80
    ProCWposted 14 years ago

I can't let this pass without commenting. Whether there is a gay gene or not, it doesn't matter. People are people are people. Regardless of whether or not it is a choice or whether or not it is inherent, people are whomever they are. Don't disregard respect for people because of their choice or their genetically inherited acts. We, at least within the United States of America, are free and are granted a right to be whomever we are or choose to be.

Love. Peace. Happiness. And all that other 1960's stuff.

ProCW

1. profile image0
      luv.poemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said!!

15. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

Why can't we all just be like Bonobo's???

I think we'd be better off....

16. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Here, here! Hell yeah!

17. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Before you set off trashing gay people you may want to consider:

15% of America is Republican

10% is gay.

They are catching up to you guys fast, and they work out while you waste away on the couch.  Prepare for some butt whuppin!

1. Robhastey profile image60
      Robhasteyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha! So true

2. profile image0

Ah, but look at the awesome potential of those who are in fact gay Republicans!

smile

1. Justine T profile image58
          Justine Tposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think its ether a life choice an or born that way it would be normal to be atracted to the oposite sex.... an some people get all religose about this but i think you love who you love an u shouldent be judged by it

After all, what's the difference WHY you do something... the point is that your country down there is supposed to be a FREE country. Isn't that why you renamed French fries? So, how come suddenly you're curtailing certain people's freedom? Can you say "contradiction"....

18. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

I think women population is going down each year and mens are taking this seriously and finding alternatives. big_smile

19. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

I like to think of it this way. there are so man different races of people on this planet, and so many cultures that we know little or nothing about. Would it be so horrible to consider that gay people might just be one of those races and cultures that we have yet to understand?

People are so bogged down on what they believe is right, that when something different comes about that they don't understand, they try to repress it and fight it. One of the reasons why so many countrys are still fighting each other today, is because they would rather lash out, then learn to care and accept people that are different than they are.

Somebody in this thread posted that being gay is a learned behavior. Well so is hate. Yet we do nothing to stop that.
    The problem with the world, is that certain groups of people think that they are the only ones who are right, and care little about what anyone else thinks. But, would like think that they can force them to think the way that they do.

I just get so tired of it. Every generation leaves up to the next to hope for change, and it never happenes. very sad.

1. profile image0

Love this post.

Additionally, I did hear one explanation for gay behavior that made total sense to me at the time.  True, it came from the mouth of an openly gay comedian, but so? 

His story was that a heterosexual friend asked him one day, "Dude, what do you and your partner DO together?"

He looked at his buddy and answered, "You know all those things you WISH your wife would do, but she won't?  Well, that's what we do."

1. brimancandy profile image78
        brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I disagree. I think things are getting better in general with each passing generation. As loud as the voice of ignorance and hatred is, it is getting quieter every day.

20. Friendlyword profile image60
    Friendlywordposted 14 years ago

Hey Big Daddy!  Did you miss me? Is that why you started your 10th 20th 30th Gay thread? Sneak baby...Come on out of that closet.  It must be so cold and dark in there with that fish.  Come on out baby!  We are all waiting for a Big Pretend Man like you!

21. ms.truly lovely profile image41
    ms.truly lovelyposted 14 years ago

when ever we think of something forbbiden, or ubnormal just remember that when satan fell from the heavens 1/3 of the angels who agreed with satan also fell and turned into demons, and so the devil is not alone in this journey, he does have certain authority on this earth, and thats because God in heaven wants to make sure that you are strong enough to with stand temptation and become stong in good before you can enter the pearl gates of heaven, he doesn't want another episode of the devil in his house, so instead of saying "Why are gay people gay "? or "why do robbers rob", Or Why do prostitutes sell thier bodies and souls ,Why do pill poppers give the excuse of I need my medication when it's obviously something that is clearly addictive as the same since with illigal drugs ,or any other form of vices that some of us share or have in common crutches and excuses for simply being lazy in all that we as peolpe are capable of doing. Whatever weakness and curiosity you have the devil will know and he will send his demons to tempt you and if you fail the temptation,he sits backs and laughs at our savior and you. because for some reason sin has a dominoe effect.Respect and Kow what god disagrees with, jesus said Try and be like me , which is perfect if you can do that , I garantee that would be the hardest challange in the world , more than any amount of money or wealth,past any and all the education humanly possible ,The question should be " what's your excuse or vice or addiction or cruch and why are we so lazy/ greedy (a whole nother story ) as people when we are blessed with so many gifts and abilities get my drift.

22. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Choice.

Simple as that. They choose to be.

1. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When did you choose to stop being gay?

23. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Hey Ron. You really think only 15% of America is repubs?

I would think you are differentiating between Republicans and Conservatives. Are you?

24. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

Gay people are born that way, with a X Y chromosone imbalance. They don't choose to be gay, the gay male is born with too many Y (female) genes, likewise with gay females, with X GEnes.

Ie: straight male = xxx, Gay male = xyy

Those whom are gay, and choose to be, i think their lying to themselves.

25. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Why do religious fanatics post these same forum threads?

I think secretly they want to climb out of the closet and dive right into the gay scene!

26. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

sneako - it occurs to me, also, that by cutting yourself off from the gays because you do not understand and refuse to be educated about them - that you are the one who is actually missing out - missing out on a lot of love, intelligence, knowledge, and innovation that the gay community has to offer!  Open your mind and your heart will follow!  Its possible you don't konw these people and it is natural to be a bit frightened of the unknown - remember when girls seemed like people from another planet in your third-grade boy world?  fascinating, weren't they?  and kinda scarey too!

27. aware profile image69
    awareposted 14 years ago

gay means happy right? ... ohh that gay.

28. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 14 years ago

Noted psychologist Dr. Robert Epstein states that sexual orientation actually exists on a continuum (not straight or gay only) and he designed a test (which can be taken online) for anyone to take and see where you stand on the gay/straight scale. Its at...

http://mysexualorientation.com/

...if anyone's curious.

29. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 14 years ago

I hope the site doesn't crash.

30. waynet profile image68

Because someone told them to do it lol!

I think it was a midget clown called Henry!

31. thevoice profile image60
    thevoiceposted 14 years ago

Gay people are human life birth right with God Jesus the holy spirit freedom of all human life. Time of great human growth respect care accepting of God right birth for all people

1. JBeadle profile image81
      JBeadleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is it just me or is that incoherent?  Why do so many people have issues with gay people and why do so many Christians feel that gay hating is a part of their faith.  Where again in the Bible is being gay spokend about?  It just feels to me like a lot of people have a lot of growing up to do yet. Get off this witch hunt already... sheesh.

1. JBeadle profile image81
        JBeadleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

spokend?

2. Phoenix Files profile image60
        Phoenix Filesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In general, the concept is hate the sin but love the sinner.  Can you find people from some church who have that wrong?  Maybe but that is the concept the religion in general follows.  Christianity may consider certain actions wrong but you are supposed to love all people.

32. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Why are small people small?

1. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because they were told to be small by the midget clown called Henry!

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Man! That bastige is everywhere!

33. waynet profile image68

http://incogman.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/clown-in-sewer.jpg

Even in the drains!

34. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 14 years ago

There are gay lizards and apes. It's a way to control populations and resources in over populated areas like big cities. It's just not sustainable for all of to reproduce!

35. profile image0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

I like gay people. I could care less about WHY they're gay.

36. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

the exact same reason straight people are straight

37. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I dunno sneak just happy I guess! smile

38. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I dont know if there is a 'Gay' gene and I dont really care, the fact is that there is a sizable number of people who are Homosexual and they are entitled as adults to do as they please, for those who ask is there a hetrosexual gene, well yes, thats how the human race survives, homosexuals like any other minority group are entitled to equal rights and equal treatment, those who would deny equal rights and equal treatment to homosexuals are simply living out their own fears and most likely hiding in the closet smile

1. Sab Oh profile image57
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"those who would deny equal rights and equal treatment to homosexuals are simply living out their own fears and most likely hiding in the closet "

Ok, people can do want they want to do in private whatever with whatever consenting adults in a legal manner that they want. Don't want to know, don't care, but the whole 'phobe' and 'closet' thing has been taken too far. If you don't like racists or people who wear shoes in the house or own ferrets as pets or whatever does that mean you are afraid of them or afraid you are secretly the same as them? Is an irrational attempt to demonize those who may hold a different opinion.

39. theirishobserver. profile image61

Sab Oh - the thought of two men engaged in a sexual act does not make me feel well at all - its none of my business - thats why I let them get on with it - it really is non of my business - what concerns me is the fact that so called 'straight' people give over so much of their time discussing homosexuality - if I spent as much time discussing football - I would have to accept that I am in fact a football fan - I like women - I have sex with women - why would I concern myself about homosexuals - there really is a logic to my first post and not simply to demonise anyone with a different opinion - there are people who are curious and simply want to ask normal questions - but there are people who seem to spend all there time talking about homosexuality and that is why I ask the question? are they really closet homosexuals are they really exploring their own sexuality, I mean no offence by this to anyone simply expressing an opinion, but you have to admit that when people spend so much time on such a subject they are really questioning themsleves smile

People talk about criminals all the time, are they secretly criminals? People talk about celebrities all the time, are they afraid of them? It's just irrational.

40. theirishobserver. profile image61

There are many thousands of cases of people condemning criminals only to be later exposed as criminals - people talk about celebrities as they have a desire to be celebrities and live that life style - this applies to many areas of life - I talk about women as I love women - I talk about politcis as I love politics - I paint because I love art - I write because I love writing, again no offence intended - but I think there are many closets not yet opened smile

So talking about criminals is proof that someone is a criminal? Talking about celebrities is proof that people are afraid of celebrities? All I'm saying is that the popular PC-speak on this is irrational (not to mention unnecessary).

41. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

Just thought this might be a good place to post Congratulations to DC on their second full day of offering same sex marriage licenses... lis.. licenc... Darnit.  I can never spell that word right.

But.  Good job DC!

42. theirishobserver. profile image61

My only concern is that all people be treated equal smile

All people?

43. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Why, why , why, would any sane, logical, educated human being, WILLFULLY stoop to the the revolting level of ignorance, bigotry and religious absurdity that this question requires for consideration?
    I certainly won't!

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And yet you don't mind being bigoted towards Christians roll thats an interesting world you live in.

I noticed that too

44. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

Some may charge the atypical state of homosexuality to nature…then others may blame their Jesus…and yet, others just may be plain stupid on the matter.

45. premierkj profile image68
    premierkjposted 14 years ago

It seems to me that the media has become the most powerful government we have ever had. Over the last number of decades we have been educated/brainwashed by a media campaign into thinking that homosexuality is normal and that disliking homosexuality is not normal. Just for a moment think how each individual on this topic has been influenced by this campaign. Most of them are repeating word for word the tolerence that they have been spoon fed. And similarly I have been influenced by my background into not falling for media spin and popular opinion. Most people go with the crowd and think it makes for a better world even if they're wrong. It's like this new world of tolerence is the new 'pleasantville' and if people are not so tolerent they become the ones who are persecuted. I don't approve of homosexual behaviour because I just find it disturbing. I think homesexuality is probably an innate condition but that still doesn't mean I have to like it.

1. profile image0

There is a lot to what you say about being indoctrinated by the media, but, don't forget the schools are molding little minds as we speak!

Homosexuality is a fact of life, I don't wanta see two dudes getting after it, but I do not care what they do!

46. Colebabie profile image62
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

It isn't about "going with the crowd". You believe we are being brainwashed to be tolerant and that is a bad thing?

You aren't cool for going against "the crowd" just intolerant and closed minded. If you find homosexuality to be disturbing, then just don't be gay.

You love poetry right? Here's a poem for you smile

"O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
    The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won,
    The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
    While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;"

1. profile image0

Any brainwashing would be bad.

1. Colebabie profile image62
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Brainwash" was his word. Teaching others to be tolerant of each others differences is not brainwashing in my opinion.

1. premierkj profile image68
          premierkjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think teaching is really a matter of giving to others the facts of life, not telling them how to think about such facts.

2. profile image0

What if the opposite was being taught, would you still say it wasn't brainwashing? Somehow I doubt it.

47. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

I don't have time to read this whole thread tonight, too sleepy. But sneako? All the other options? What the heck are you suggesting?tongue

48. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

gay people are not only males and there is no "problem" involved!

49. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Why are gay people gay?  Because they are born that way.  Gay people are born, not made.

50. stephensaldana profile image60
    stephensaldanaposted 13 years ago

Gay people are gay because its their own choice of choosing the sex.. You cannot force any human being be it a women or men to love or hate someone.. its their own choice that who they select..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)