jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (27 posts)

How to get an Ex back

1. 60
    sureshprasad2100posted 7 years ago

The fact is, 90 percent of the time there is no reason why you cannot get an ex back after a break up, providing that you know what steps are necessary to win your ex back. The first step in learning how to get an ex back is to determine what exactly happened that caused the break up. Even though you cannot go back into the past, and you cannot change what happened, you can learn from the mistakes that were made and you can try to learn and grow from the experiences.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hi, I like your last sentence,

check first if they are with another one already...

1. alexandriaruthk profile image55
        alexandriaruthkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with PDH

2. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This depends on too many factors to weigh, the explanation alone is Hub material.

However, I'll break it down simple- (1) Trust - if this has be violated, the relationship won't work. (2) If someone wasn't honest with their partner - it breaks #1 and the relationship won't work. (3) If the relationship broke because of a lack of Communication - then rekindling the relationship would be just foolish.

That's about it. smile Btw- Love requires the above three.

3. Don W profile image84
      Don Wposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Did you know that 78.42% of statistics are made up on the spot?

1. Diskobolos profile image61
        Diskobolosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just like yours?smile

1. Don W profile image84
          Don Wposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Give that man a cigar smile

4. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

why on God's Green Earth would you want an ex back? neutral

2. 0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

90 percent of the time theres a reason to STAY ex...you broke up for a reason, it usally doesnt go away unfortunately

1. EnglishRose profile image60
      EnglishRoseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

True, never forget why you broke up in the first place, i sure know i would never want an ex back!, they can stay gone lol

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image59
        greeneyesH1982posted 7 years ago in reply to this

usually there is a reason why someone didnt make it to your future....

2. greeneyesH1982 profile image59
        greeneyesH1982posted 7 years ago in reply to this

haha!

3. Naomi R. Cox profile image61
        Naomi R. Coxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm with you on this, I wouldn't have my ex back!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-confused002.gif

2. twuxedo profile image59
      twuxedoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

so true.

3. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 7 years ago

99.9% of the time the reason why a person starts a thread like this is because they happen to be selling one of those spammy 'get ex back' clickbank products.

1. Dame Scribe profile image61
      Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol DS, so true, lol

4. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

lots of sex big_smile

5. aefrancisco profile image60
    aefranciscoposted 7 years ago

But isn't it friends can be lovers and lovers cannot be friends?

and why broke up at the first place?

6. currentevent profile image60
    currenteventposted 7 years ago

an ex is like a spoild milk, you should never want him/her back. unless you are the reason you broke up even though you should know you hurted that person and be respectful and back off until they come to you.

7. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

I wonder why anybody would want an ex back when the relationship would never be the same again.

8. cindyvine profile image87
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

I agree, if the ex has gone and they come back, it's never the same.

9. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

My ex got me back!  How?  By loving me.

Sometimes it takes a split and reflection to change.

It isnt until it is gone that you know what you have lost.

1. Diskobolos profile image61
      Diskobolosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's an empty phrase. Sure, it's true sometimes, but don't tell me that you believe that it is the rule of thumb.

p.s. If your ex got you back by loving you, does that mean that he initially lost you, because he was not loving you?

1. shazwellyn profile image83
        shazwellynposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is easy to be critical of a phrase... this was my experience and does not constitute to everyones! 

My husband didn't know love until he lost my love.  He experienced the pain of losing the love of his life through his neglect.  He took my love and his life for granted.  It wasnt until he reflected on his behaviour (how he treated me) that he could see what he had and how he lost it.

Taking a breather in our marriage enabled a different point of view.  He didnt know what love was until he experienced its loss.  He learned a life lesson - we have grown to a new level.

Does that now make sense?  An empty phrase for you is so much more for me! x

10. TheGlassSpider profile image79
    TheGlassSpiderposted 7 years ago

I've never done the going-back-to-an-ex thing...I've always assumed that I needed to remember that there's a reason they're an "ex." I suppose that sounds pretty cynical; I *do* believe that people can change...I've just never seen the going-back thing work for anyone else.

Bravo for anyone that has made it work though! smile

11. Has_aWayWithWords profile image79
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 7 years ago

I can say that my ex wife is an ex I truly would like to have back. Many others that I am perfectly happy living without tho..lol   I basically agree with the theory " an ex is an ex for a reason"

12. Has_aWayWithWords profile image79
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 7 years ago

Because we had a great marriage and unfortunately she had a miscarriage that took a really bad toll on both of us and rather than being the strong person I should have been I alienated her and ignored her and her feelings and eventually pushed her away and it cost me someone that truly made me a better person. I screwed it up not her and I miss what we had before that all happened. been almost 2 years and I still miss her

working