jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

66,000 gays and lesbians in the U S army

1. thirdmillenium profile image72
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

It is burgeoing too. Would this lead to a likely groupings within sections
    tensions between gays and other members in a section?

1. brimancandy profile image83
      brimancandyposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hey thirdmillenium:

I am guessing that you are asking if certain people in a group will be pulled out of a mixed group, by sexual identification, to form groups of gay soldiers to separate them from the straight ones? A straight unit and a gay one? Is that what you are asking?

Back in the 1950's there were no women in the miliatary unless they were a nurse, and it wasn't until the US needed soldiers to fight in various wars that they started to allow black men, and other minorities into the US army. When they did, blacks were put in their own units and they were not allowed to use the white men's facilities. They also had to eat separately from them.

If the military could separate them they would, the only problem is a recruit has to inform their commanders that they are homosexual in order for them to know that they are, otherwise there would be many gay soldiers they would miss. Not every gay soldier comes out. So, your number of 66,000 is probably a lot higher than that.

I saw a report on the news,  that before the band on gays was lifted. 20,000 know gay men were kicked out of the military in one year. People think the lift was good for gay men, but you can bet it was just another effort by the government to widen the recruit pool. 2 wars were happening during the lift. Iraq and Afganistan. Another huge complaint was soldiers being sent back to fight again and again. This new group of recruits, including women recently,are just more people that will march off to die. Just as the blacks and minorities did way back when.

But, if your question has to do with gays making straights gay because they are suddenly thrown together the answer to that would be no. Because gays have been in the military since the military was  invented. they didn't just suddenly appear.

2. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

66,000 gays in the US Army? You'd  think they would dress better than they do!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dude - that is the funniest thing you've said. I can see all the gay guys re-doing the stitching and adjusting the uniform to fit right. lol

You could say the same of the French Army though. Some one got very, very upset when I posted this the last time - so I will post it again. wink

3. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Santa saves straight people in army.  smile

4. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

It's okay they'll stay busy with their orgy's big_smile

5. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 6 years ago

haha Mark that's great!