jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Can Lessons Be Learned?

1. figment profile image72
    figmentposted 6 years ago

I use to keep a journal that I would keep information about each man I dated and the lesson I learned when the relationship was over. I stopped keeping this relationship in 2001 because I obviously was not learning any valuable lessons. I just kept dated worse and worse men. Each worse in their own ways, but maybe I'll suggest to not only myself but to other women to keep such a "lesson learned" journal regarding the men us women choose to continue dating. Maybe if we look back and review these lessons we hope to learn from each man, we won't make the same mistake with the next one.

2. dyonder profile image80
    dyonderposted 6 years ago

Did the same thing, for different reasons, & came to a slow realization (for myself, at least); the treasures I didn't see at the time would be revealed over time & the person I am today is richer because of those jewels.

1. figment profile image72
      figmentposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well said!!

3. Black Lilly profile image76
    Black Lillyposted 6 years ago

Keeping such "relationship diary" might be a little bit over the top for me, to be honest...
    In addition, the lesson I'm getting is always the same, just it so happens that I'm not a very good student here.