jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

promising relationship or just for the moment

1. 0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

If you were trying to start a relationship with a long time friend what are some of the tell tale signs you would hint/show to let them know, lets give this a try, or I want a committed relationship.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
      Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

If you are truly long term friends, I would just say it.

2. Bill Manning profile image69
      Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Yup, just go on and say it. Just tell him over the years you've really developed a bond with him and you'd like to see if it can be more than friendship.

If he does not think so don't take it hard, just keep being a good friend but forget about any romance. smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

do you think there are reciprocal feelings?
      if so, I would try to spend more time together and let him know how much your friendship has grown and the feelings are stronger now...

4. Black Lilly profile image78
      Black Lillyposted 6 years ago

Say it straight. Just be careful - say it only if you really mean it; otherwise you might lose a friend.

5. britecoach profile image60
      britecoachposted 6 years ago

Say how you feel, you can't help the way you feel about someone but be aware crossing the lines opens another side of that person. For example: we dont have to lie or worry about our friends getting mad at us for silly things. Once the relationship changes the way he handles certain things with you may change also.  When feelings change and the relationship changes be prepared for him to go from the person you knew everything about to the man you can't understand...