jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

When you turn 30, would you rather get married or stay single?

1. graceth0mas profile image59
    graceth0masposted 6 years ago

Age is such a big issue when you turn 30. I have a brother who just turned 30 and he said he'd rather stay single now that he's old. What do you think?

1. Cagsil profile image85
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would tell him he is out of his mind.

I'm presently 41 years old and single by choice, but due to other circumstances. However, to take yourself off the market completely at that age is absolutely foolish, for the pure and simple FACT that Women are in their prime years in their 30's.

Between 30-40 many women make the decision for settling down with the right person, they think they can live with and have a family with. Not to mention, women's sexual drive turn up between that span as well. smile

2. 0
    Eva Hanssonposted 6 years ago

Hi Grace,

No doubt that's an independent decision.  I'd hardly call 30 old, however.  I think things have also changed in recent years, with people deciding to wait to get married until they're a bit older.  No doubt, many women aren't even having their first child until they're in their 30's. 

I can certainly see that constituent that chooses not to, however.  People can get pretty wrapped up in their careers and decide a spouse may not fit neatly into the picture.

3. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

That will be a lot of single years. I don’t understand this. I have daughters, who by their decisions of what they want to study in university, won’t even be out of school until they are almost 30 and have no intention of marrying before then, although circumstances might change their minds. I am sure there are many more like them. He may be missing out on a lot of women just getting ready to take the plunge.

4. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 6 years ago

I think it is hard to say until 30 happens. Personally I would hate to be alone, I would love to grow old with that special some-one.

5. Dao Hoa profile image59
    Dao Hoaposted 6 years ago

I agree with others that 30 is not old, but being single for one’s whole life has it advantage and disadvantage! One can be free to do whatever, but one will have to depend on the care of a stranger and may feel lonely!

1. 59
      jeffmail55posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do not think that there is a limit of age as from 18 years. I do know that   married life becomes more desirable as the couples moves towds their old age.Love getts better towards maturity.

6. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 6 years ago

I will be 30 this year and I sure hell going to be 100% single. I mean am dating two guys at the moment and I'm having fun.. I think 30 is the new 20 if you ask me.. I don't have the time yet to settle down but eventually at some point will do.. Age is just a number and numbers don't decide if you stay single or marry.

7. Black Lilly profile image78
    Black Lillyposted 6 years ago

I'm 30 now and I would definitely stay single for about 5 years more. Then... whatever happens, happens.
    The problem is now I feel as if I was only 23-25, plus the idea of some committment somehow tends to scare me a lot. So why bother? Life is wonderful, enjoy it while you can wink