jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Importance of sex

1. curlytree2009 profile image48
    curlytree2009posted 6 years ago

Now, let say that sex is important in one relationship, should it be the main reason why you should stay in one person?

1. Madison22 profile image78
      Madison22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

In my relationship sex is important. But, other things like communication, trust and respect make it complete for me to want to continue to stay in it. Sex alone would not keep me in a relationship.

1. 0
        pinkyleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

agree with you whole heartily

2. 0
        mtsi1098posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree, the mutual trust and respect make the sex better smile

2. 61
    ricksamposted 6 years ago

3. 0
    pinkyleeposted 6 years ago

sex is the icing on the cake for me ... i could never stay with someone just because of sex if there wasnt love, trust, communication and everything else a relationship is ...

no relationship should be based on sex alone though there are a lot of people who mutually agree for no feelings or anything ... no strings attached deal

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I think it depends on age. When I was younger, sex was extremely important! Now, not so much. It's still nice and enjoyable, but it's not nearly as important as it once was for me and hubby.

5. efeguy profile image59
    efeguyposted 6 years ago

its important in our modern day friendship.though other things are important as well.

it somehow bring the excitement,but as mtsi1098 said mutual trust n respect makes it better

6. 2nd Best profile image59
    2nd Bestposted 6 years ago

Sex is VERY important BUT it's just another branch to the 'tree of life'. My Husband and I have been married for 16 months ... we have had sex for 6 months nor any other form of intimacy. I love hime soooo much to pieces and I'm at the stage where I can't even look at his body any more because I am just sooo dying for some sort of intimacy. I feel like I am withering away, it's like my sould aches all the way through it. He loves me, he says and I do believe he loves me in that 'companion' way & we talk well together, we respect each other & we're good Parents to our 5 Kids. My Husband has a 21 & 23 year old from his 1st Marriage & I have a 11, 13 & 21 year old. We have 11, 13 & 21 living with us at home still. Anyway, we moved in together 3 years ago but within ... (no word of exaggeration) 2 days of me moving everything into his place sex, affection & intimacy slammed to a halt & YES I have discussed it with him many, many times & he says nothing has changed ... apart from the fact that he never gives me compliments anymore, hugs me spontaneously & lovemaking was any chance we could get when the Kids weren't around is now nothing ... I have asked him over & over if you love me so much why don't you melt at my feet at the very thought of going to bed with me. His ex-wife is obese with no teeth & like a truckies offsider & he seemed very active with her. Guess what???? I am size 8. I work to support our Family. I groom myself daily. I exercise & eat healthy. I cook. I keep our home immaculate. I look after his & my Kids & his Grandson & I give out lots of compliments but sometimes I am nasty when I get really frustrated. Can somebody please answer me. I do love him and I want to stay with him but I don't know if I can go through life without some nice love etc.

1. 2nd Best profile image59
      2nd Bestposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That was meant to read: We HAVEN'T had sex for 6 months nor any other form of intimacy.

7. IntimatEvolution profile image82
    IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago

I've been where you are.  You cannot continue to live like this.  You are withering away.  Sex is not only important, it is vital to our need as humans, to feel alive.