jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)

Should she tell her she's being fooled?

1. RecoverToday profile image85
    RecoverTodayposted 7 years ago

Situation:
      A woman allowed a man to stay with her during a time he was unemployed and needed a place to stay. He's seen her from time to time for a couple of years, but never has committed to a permanent relationship. She cares for him very much and considers herself "in a relationship" with him. 
      Scenario: The man, while staying with the woman, began a relationship with 'another woman' online & by phone. Told the 'other woman' they (the woman he was staying with) and himself were "just friends" but she wanted more, only he didn't want to hurt her...etc. He'd "tried to tell her...". So this online, phone relationship goes on for a few months, being that they lived very far apart, but planned on meeting up.  He continued to press sex & romance with the 'other woman', who fell for him.
      Suddenly, the 'other woman' comes to her senses and realizes that this so-called great guy she was crazy about was using the woman for a meal ticket while he fooled around with her on the side. She was very hurt. But she also felt sorry for the woman he used for a meal ticket.
      She found out who this woman was and how to reach her. Here's the question: Should the 'other woman' snitch on the man who used the woman as a meal ticket and tell her that he was fooling around with her so she will know what a jerk he really is? The woman has no idea about the 'other woman'. She only knows she's crazy about the man.

2. profile image0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

Yes!

RecoverTodayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Really? Why or why not?

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cuz!

1. Flightkeeper profile image79
          Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

3. RecoverToday profile image85

Here's a stickler for you: The 'other woman' mentioned in this situation is married. Never cheated on her husband before and does not plan to continue. She is in counseling for this. The man (jerk) could ruin her. Opinion changed any?

1. profile image0

No!

So you think the 'other woman' still needs to tell on the man for what he did. The 'other woman' does not know if he is staying with the woman now, but most likely is not. Still snitch on him?

1. profile image0

Yes!

I like your boldness Texan. Good for you.

4. profile image0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

Thanks!

5. affairdetector profile image49
    affairdetectorposted 7 years ago

Yes, she should tell her.
    "Truth really hurt."

More power to you!

6. RackyB profile image59
    RackyBposted 7 years ago

Yes so he doesn't so it to another woman. Plus,as a married woman, she should not be out messing with any other man.  However, She should also tell her husband...its just the right thing to do you know...if teh hands turned I am sure she would want her husband to do the same.

So you feel that this 'other woman' should confess to her husband? Wouldn't that harm him also? Then more people would be hurt. I disagree.

I am surprised that most would advise this married 'other woman' to snitch on the man for his dishonesty. However, I can see where this would also be the best for the woman in the long run so she will not waist any more time longing for and believing this is a 'real' relationship.

Any input here? I would like to hear some other opinions.

1. Valerie F profile image59
        Valerie Fposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It would do much more harm if she continued lying to her husband.

The affair is over. Why would she confess now?

1. Valerie F profile image59
            Valerie Fposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Because if her husband is still under the impression that she always has been faithful, she's still lying to him.

7. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

This is a tough one...I don't know what the heck to say. I guess just leave it alone and hope for the best from all of em. And hope the guy gets busted out sooner or later. Whew!

8. RecoverToday profile image85

There were completely opposing views from another source on this matter. The majority say "NO", the married woman should not contact the woman who was being used for a meal ticket. They state it would be selfish and vengeful, only proving that this married woman still cares for this loser of a guy. Plus it would add insult to injury. So Hubnation believes she should tell her what a jerk he really is. Interesting concept.

9. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

sounds like a mess to me, either way, everyone's cheating except the meal ticket woman.

working