While I ponder leaving, I have something good to say.....

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 58 discussions (235 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Today is mine and hubby's 10th anniversary, and I got-------
    Ferrero Rocher chocolates!

My favorite.

I shall be fatter and happy.  haha

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!!! Ten years is quite an accomplishment. May you have many, many more. Enjoy those chocolates! smile

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can see you live in your own little world and choose to leave reality out of the mix.

It's a shame you open this thread with the intent of claiming to ponder leaving....yet you want to share something good? roll

Either way, stay or leave? Make a decision and be done with it.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No can do right now.

That would be too rash a decision.
        Don't you like the agony of NOT KNOWING once in a while??  wink

1. Cagsil profile image71

It doesn't matter to me either way. lol lol

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ciao wink

4. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yay congrats! Our 5th anniversary is in two months, I'm hoping for flowers. But chocolates are always nice smile

1. profile image0

5 is a good number too.  I hope I remember it, so I can send you cyber-flowers or chocolates!  big_smile

5. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very Nice! Congradulations Brenda! Your a good and honest woman, he is so lucky!smile

1. profile image0

Thanks!
        I tell him that all the time!  wink

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ms Brenda, congratulations and happy annivesary!!

6. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Happy anniversary Brenda my wife and I are anticipating our 17th anniversary this August.

7. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Ten years is quite the accomplishment these days and I hope you will have many more happy wedding anniversaries to come smile

Pondering leaving? Although I disagree with the way you express yourself at times, I admire anyone who is so willing to stand up for their beliefs. Instead of leaving, why not change your approach a bit? People aren't getting angry because of WHAT you say, they are getting angry because of how you say it.

Sometimes it is better to keep silent when you feel you are being personally attacked. The more you respond, the more cruel their comments will become. The more cruel their comments become, the more frustrated you will become. The more frustrated you become, the less people will take you seriously.

You must also remember that people have the right to their own opinions, whether you agree with them or not. You're not going to change the world by sitting in front of your computer, making rather harsh judgments about people whom you've never met. You can't win people over by being negative. Instead, be kind and focus on the positive parts of your beliefs. Take a step back once in awhile and think, "Hm, how would I feel if someone were saying these things to me? ...How can I rephrase this so it sounds more positive?"

I do hope you'll stay, Brenda. Although I am not Christian, I have found your everlasting presence in the forums a comfort, in a way. When I open a controversial thread, I know without a doubt that you're going to be there.

Maybe take a few days off from HubPages before you make your decision?

8. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

happy chocolate eating, those are yummy. Congrats on 10 years!! why are you leaving?

1. profile image0

Thank you for the congrats!

I was considering leaving.

Reasons included disgust at what I perceive as a certain liberal agenda.

But I'm stubborn, and am staying so far because I like a lot of people here, and because I have violated no rules of conduct and because I'm an American citizen with rights to free speech.

I'm stubborn that way.

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

cool.
          I wouldnt leave just cuz I didnt agree with everyone here. wink

2. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Not another I may be leaving thread!

1. profile image0

Oh I know I know....

I've advised others not to leave under pressure.

But it's very tempting, and maybe the best thing.  I dunno yet.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do what I did Brenda...personally ban yourself from the forums for a month or so. Just concentrate on your writing. smile

1. Mamelody profile image60
          Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I tried banning myself but it didn't work too well.. maybe a sack of chocolates will put me to sleep for a month smile big_smile

2. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just don't cut anyone any slack and let the bans fall where they may, this ain't real life, its a fricken website!

1. profile image0

yes it is.
          But one that can have far-reaching consequences, really.  As any of them can!
          Remember how powerful the written word is,  whether it's in an article online or a forum like this.....
          I never underestimate the written (nor spoken) word.....

1. profile image0
            poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

take a break from the forums, i am going over to read some of your hubs.  Why people make life hell on the forums i will never know...... You are strong enough to take it.... but walk away when you do not feel you are, peace and love always

3. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brenda

Remember the forums are just a sideline to the main purpose of HubPages.  You can choose to rise above any conflict in the forums and just concentrate on writing Hubs for the much larger audience out there in search engine land.

3. profile image0

Thank you Glass Spider.

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

oooooo chocolate!!! lol Congrats on the 10 years Brenda...now share that chocolate! lol just kidding

1. profile image0

Thanks Crazdwriter.
      Yes, I'll share the chocolates.  big_smile

1. profile image0

aaaaaaa thanks Brenda...you are too sweet to share. smile

5. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Brenda, don't take the silliness here seriously.  Just take a break.

http://www.zulva.com/images/happy_anniversary/images/tagged-tagworld.gif

Enjoy your day with hubby!

6. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

Oh by the way congrats.. 10 years is good accomplishment.. you should share your tips of a happy marriage with Tiger Woods and get yourself a fortune in no time big_smile

7. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

We may disagree on some things, Brenda, but if I may offer a bit of (perhaps unwanted) opinion on the matter: Don't let the people and posts around here bug you so! You've a right to your opinion, they've a right to theirs...and if they dissolve into childish name-calling so be it--Don't give folks the satisfaction of pushing you around with empty, silly words.

I'm all for free will and doing what you choose, so I would never tell you that you *should* stay or you *should* go...but I would suggest doing either one as a consciously chosen action rather than an emotional RE-action...I think I've seen you say something pretty similar to others before wink

Just a thought. Never let 'em see you sweat. smile

8. profile image0

Thanks for the pretty "gift", Flightkeeper;  and all y'all who wished me congrats!

I do gotta go for now.  My Mom has a favorite online program she watches sometimes, so I'm gonna turn the computer over to that.

See everyone later maybe...

9. profile image0

Have fun Brenda. relax and take a break from Hubpages. You'll feel better once you have.

10. confused barbie profile image58
    confused barbieposted 14 years ago

Congrats! Enjoy the chocolates you only live once so enjoy....

11. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Ferrero Rocher good. Slimming World mock Ferrero Rocher using Scan Bran not good.

Happy Anniversary and to hell with the calories!

12. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I agree! I think you need a break!   big_smile

Namaste   smile

13. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Happy Aniversery enjoy your chocolates!

14. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

We now have two things in common that I know of.  I love Ferrero Rocher (dark) and I may be the only other hubber who has been to Yosemite (locally pronounced Yo' zuh mite) Kentucky.

Congratulations on 10 years.

1. profile image0

Yeah I kinda miss the Yosemite area, lotsa times.  It is said ya can take the person outta the country but ya can't take the country outta the person....

We have a third thing in common---
      We're both very bold about speaking our minds.

Thanks for the congratulations;  that surprised me.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It shouldn't.  My most heated arguments are with friends and family.  After we're done, (or just taking a break) we're still friends and family. While I disagree vehemently with many of your posted opinions, I wish nothing for you personally other than continued happiness and more decades with your spouse.

P.S. I assume he's a guy. smile

1. profile image0

lol
          you better believe he is!  Last time I looked anyway! ha

He's....quite an enigma in many ways.  Totally opposite of me in many ways.  Younger than me; ambitious and perplexing, smart as a whip;  The product of a manipulative, confusing and confused life that only got redeemed by the blood of the Lamb of God (but then, that's the only redemption anyone has!) He has quite a testimony if and when he chooses to share it with lost souls.

We fought like crazy about the first 3 years, actually.  A relationship made between a gradually-backsliding, rebellious divorcee (me) and a troubled, worldly, but seeking man (him).
          Our only hope ended up being, of course, intervention by---you guessed it--God.
            "A threefold cord is not quickly broken."

I'm handing out what seems like too much information here because it's...an occasion to witness to the mercy of the Lord.  I know what it's like to be in a backslidden position.  I know what it's like to rebel against the Word.  I know what it's like to be in need of His Salvation and not even admit it at the time.  I know what it's like to be lost. \

He must've given an angel charge over me, because I was certainly in a low low place for several years of my life, and I'm afraid I would've died in my sins if He hadn't been so merciful, and His Spirit so convicting.

15. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I was rude to you once, Brenda and I want to apologize.  I've been feeling badly about it.  I'm sorry.

Congrats on your anniversary.  Time flies, huh?  I've been married 12 and a half years and it seems like... well, 50.  Just kidding.  Enjoy!  smile

1. profile image0

I honestly don't recall you being rude to me, wordscribe!
      So I don't think you owe me an apology!  But I certainly accept it, if you feel you wanted to do it.
      Thank you.
      And I hope I've never hurt you either.  If I have, please tell me so I can make it right if possible.

Yes, time flies.  So fast!  Seems like only yesterday that I didn't have to worry about hairs on my chin!  hahaha
      12 and a half years; I hope they've been good years for you!
      I know what you mean by it seemin' like 50!  ha

16. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Don't even get me started on chin hairs...  Sigh.  Vaniqa (Vaniqua sp?) here I come.

I can't remember the context now, but I remember making a comment to you I regret.  I've learned a lot in these forums, actually.  Especially in the religious ones...  Nothing gets accomplished by being rude, as I've been from time to time.  I just end up feeling like a jerk in the end. 

No, you've never said anything to hurt me.  Thanks for your understanding.

I think you should stick around.  smile

17. profile image0

Maybe.
    But it might tick off some people who think I shouldn't "preach"....

I just can't stop.  It just comes, without effort....
    I may concentrate more on hubs though.  I have several unfinished, unpublished.  Something to shoot for I guess.

But I guess the best thing is that I've found many people here who are such fun and so interesting.  What would people do without each other?  A person being alone is the worst thing I can think of.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

I think you should be yourself - It is God who says you should not preach.

You decide who is right - me - or God. wink

1. profile image0

Oh dear.
        Here we go.
        lol

Mark, it's strange that God hasn't told me that yet.  Wonder why?
        Maybe I haven't asked Him yet...or maybe He thinks it really is okay.  Did that ever occur to you?

At any rate, I put "preach" in quotations because I'm not a preacher in the usual sense; I feel no calling to be a Pastor or stand in a pulpit.  I "preach" through my poetry and by engaging in discussion about God, etc.   I probably do it more fervently than many women, yes....

P.S.
        GOD is always right.  Your interpretation isn't always right.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

OK - so you can go against the Word, but are "suspicious" of others who do so. Interesting.

Is homosexuality a worse sin than women preaching? Or are all sins equal?

I guess God tells you what youy want to hear huh? lol lol

Not that it says anything about women preaching and teaching men in the bible. wink

1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God didn't say anything, you don't believe in him remember!big_smile

18. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Congratulations on your tenth, Brenda. May you have many more happy, healthy ones. big_smile

19. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

This thread shall be known as The Farewell Flounce That Became A Religious Debate.

20. profile image0

haha yeah that about sums it up, darkside.
    But I am still pondering!
    When one door closes, another one opens.  I dunno whether to close the door or not.

@ Mark, like I said, I think there's a Biblical difference between actually being a Preacher, and spreading the Gospel in whatever way a person (woman or man) finds access and ability to.
    AND wherever there's a NEED for it.  The need is the main thing.  The Word must go out,  and will go out, to a lost people!
    The USA for sure has a need for some bold Preachers in the public eye! Where are they?  Rick Warren?   Yikes!  That man compromised his Biblical stance publicly the day he spoke his watered-down, tolerant speech at Obama's Inauguration.  It wouldn't surprise me if MORE women didn't start "preaching" boldly if a strong MAN doesn't step up to the plate!
    Telling people about Jesus isn't restricted to just males, anyway.  Speaking Truth isn't limited to males.

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brenda I do not know you and am just catching up. Don't leave. Just write and find a happy place. If you are addressed in a forum in a way that you do not wish to respond, then don't. This is a wonderful opportunity for people the world over to meet and share our lives with each other. Even among our closest friends and relatives we, at times, agree to disagree.
      This does not make us any less friends or family. Whether we are lead by God or a need for connection with others, whether we are religious or political in our views, it is a place for all of us. You would be missed if you left, even if I do not know you yet.

1. profile image0

I always wish to respond.  Maybe that's how I get into squabbles.
        But I'm not one to back down from a verbal fight, usually, if it's about an important topic.

Oh well.
        Thank you for the post.  You're very sweet.

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
          Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In life we are baited. Remember Jesus admonishing us to turn the other cheek? Okay, what about the scriture on knocking the dust from your feet? Sometimes silence is golden, may I call you my friend. Sometimes a smile makes others think, "What is she up to?" which can be so much more rewarding than having the last word. (HUGS)

1. profile image0

I know.
            There's even the Scripture about casting pearls too.  Boy does that one get people's hackles up (at least when we don't keep it to ourselves! ha).

Honestly, it isn't about having the last word, with me!  I'm so fearful for people's souls.  Doesn't matter whether people believe that or not, it's true.
            Why I do that is because the Lord God Himself gave warning after warning after warning to a people He loved but who had backslidden,  and to sinners whose souls He wanted saved.   Time after time, like a father teaching his kids, like a broken record over and over in the hopes that someday they'd GET IT!  He didnt' consider them stupid,  He just considered them foolish and subject to temptation. 

That's how I see it too....

I'm editing to say I consider myself foolish too, horribly foolish without the help of the Lord....
            Didn't want anyone to take that wrong...

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
              Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, you are a more caring, more patient person than I am.  I am the kind who if you wanted to hang yourself, I'd give you all the rope you wanted. lol lol lol

I thank God, I'm an imperfect and inconsequential Christian.

1. profile image0

Flightkeeper,

I think there's no such thing as an inconsequential Christian.
                The Word doesn't return void.
                God just works through each of us according to our abilities and personalities, and our level of willingness;  every Christian has an impact somewhere.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
                  Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Brenda smile

21. profile image0

Thanks!

22. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

A door needn't close. Not for good.

I see hubpages and similar sites as boxes. Boxes with interesting things in it. I play with those interesting things. If I get a little bored with one I don't throw it away or destroy the contents, I put it aside and play with another box. Later I'll come back to the original box and I may have more insight, wisdom and understanding on how to properly play with those things inside (not to mention fun).

The bonus, and where the wheels of this analogy fall off completely, is that you can make money even while you 'neglect' a site that is set up for residual passive income.

23. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Congratulations on the 10 years Brenda! Way to go, hun!
    As for the tormentors on this site, you get my vote for standing up to them and  for what you believe in.
    I'm not a religionist, but I would never suggest someone else who is, is wrong.
    Some people here need to grow up and shut up.

24. profile image0

@ darkside,
    very interesting analogy!

@IzzyM,
    thanks.  You sound bold like me.  ha.  Thanks for your kind words!

25. profile image0

I would argue with you over chocolates, but I love 'em way too much myself. big_smile

1. profile image0

We could fight it out in hubs!  haha
      The Chocolate Wars....wink

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okay. My position is Dark Chocolate; the line has been drawn in the sand.  lol

1. profile image0
          wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Another vote for dark, BUT I will take milk anyday.  Not a chocolate snob AT ALL.  Good grief, now I have to go get some chocolate:  Ghriradelli anyone?  http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:qWoxY_Jy0ge5fM:http://foodgal.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/ghirardelli.jpg

1. profile image0

Here. big_smile

1. wyanjen profile image71
              wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

too expensive for my economic climate. lol

1. profile image0

Hershey's is one of my favorites, too. Actually Lindt's is my fav...

26. profile image0

Whoever has posted and I neglected to respond to.....

Thanks and I'm blessed to be among such cool, nice people!

27. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! I hope you have many more anniversaries.

28. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

dark chocolate peanut M&Ms.

the clear winner.

1. profile image0

Ooooh, now that sounds absolutely yummilicious. big_smile

29. profile image0

Okay I'm in...let's fight about chocolate. Anything with coconut is NASTY!

1. profile image0

Oh no!  Them's fightin' words there!  I LOVE coconut!
      haha

1. profile image0

I'm with you on that one, Brenda. Mounds dark chocolate is great! big_smile

1. profile image0

Excuse me while I go barf lol

1. profile image0

Say hi to Ralph for me will you? big_smile

1. profile image0

Sure thing want me to say hey to John while I'm at it? lol

1. profile image0

Only if you tip the Attendent. lol

1. profile image0

I'll give him a Mounds lol

2. wyanjen profile image71

heh heh

The cool people know what's good, at least lol

1. profile image0

Scawey. big_smile

2. profile image0

lol all right put 'em up... put 'em up! lol

2. profile image0

AMEN, sister.  Absolutely despise it.  I know a lot of people love it, but it won't go down any further than this girl's esophagus.

1. profile image0

Won't even touch this girls mouth lol My mom loves it too. *gag*

Dark chocolate Mounds bars...
        yum big_smile

1. profile image0

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.  lol

lol lol
            hey now, that's getting a little personal

big_smile

1. profile image0

How are you?  I haven't seen you around for a while.  Hope you're well.

Aww, thanks smile

I've been a little symptomatic I must admit.
                But no worries.Makes you appreciate the good days, know what I mean?

Hey! We are both mugs today. big_smile

1. profile image0

I've been noticing your mug and hating my coffee cravings.  Then I look at mine and it's game over:  coffee pot ON. 

Sorry about the symptoms.  I can relate, I haven't been on the top of my game either.  A lot of mine is "environmental" right now, but still the same, it sucks. 

I hope you're on the up and up soon, Jen.  We need to reincarnate our thread, huh?

Yeah, right?
                    lol

Some days I'm not sure where the line is between my own thing, and just plan old stress! Environmental forces are at work here too.

Yeah, we'll need to get a new thread going, or start the old one back up... if I was going to be on-line later tonight I'd say no time like the present. But, my TiVo is beckoning... and a nap. tongue

Sorry we stole your thread Brenda.

30. profile image0

I am a very picky eater...what can I say. My taste buds and I agree it's a texture thing. Coconut does not have a good texture nor a good taste to it so even covering it up with chocolate won't help any. *gag*

31. profile image0

Now give me Andes mints or anything mint covered in chocolate and you have one happy girl here big_smile

1. profile image0

You're my chocoate soul mate.

1. profile image0

Woohoo I found my chocolate soul mate.. big_smile

1. profile image0

It doesn't happen everyday.  Been lookin' for a while.  A bit relieved I must say.

1. profile image0

Don't ever leave me chocolate soul mate big_smile okay that sounded creepy lol

1. profile image0

Yikes! big_smile

1. profile image0

lol lol lol

By the way, my daughter just saw your sheep avatar.  She thinks you're cute.  smile

Oh, wait. Are you a lamb?

2. profile image0

Yours forever.  As a token:  http://www.blogcdn.com/www.adjab.com/media/2006/12/insideoutjuniormints.gif

1. profile image0

aaaaa thanks wordscribe.. *grabs at the box only to hit the computer screen* NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh yea and this talk about chocolate is pure torture for me right now sad big_smile

1. profile image0

Me, too.  My "aunt's: about to come into town, if you know what I mean.  wink  TMI?

1. profile image0

mine just left lol and I gave up chocolate for 40 days and 40 nights like I have always done...it's pure torture but I do it for understanding and my religion smile

32. profile image0

LOL

y'all are fun.

33. profile image0

Hey has anyone tried the Junior Mints where the mint is on the outside and the chocolate is on the inside?

1. profile image0

Yeah! I tried that first time last year. That is brilliance-squared.

1. profile image0

yep The Dollar Tree across from us has them and when my MIL told us about them xmas time last year we bought some...I fell in love! lol

1. profile image0

The person who invented them deserves a Biiiiiig raise. big_smile

1. profile image0

Yep I would say so and maybe a year supply of CHOCOLATE! lol Sh!t sign me up I'll think of something good. lol

1. profile image0

Working to invent new chocolate combinations; Heaven on Earth. big_smile

1. profile image0

We can do it together Denno...and so can you wordscribe and then maybe we can all get a year's supply of chocolate...or maybe several years supply lol

2. yenajeon profile image69
        yenajeonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yum that's the stuff they give you at the end of sushi dinners! Lol
        Do yall like mint chocolate chip icecream too?

1. profile image0

Been on my mind this whole thread.  I love and adore it.  This is getting torturous.

2. profile image0

Yer making me drool woman! how rude! lol Just kidding. and yes LOVE mint chocolate chip icecream.

oo say that five times fast: mint chcolate chip ice cream
          mint chocolate chip ice cream

3. TheGlassSpider profile image64

Mint chocolate chip is my favorite flavor of ice cream...particularly from a company called Green's(who unfortunately does not serve the area in which I currently live). They had the creamiest mint ice cream and filled it with thin flakes/slivers of pure, wonderful milk chocolate that melted on the tongue like snowflakes. Bliss.

They also made cherry chocolate chip that was to do die for (and I don't like cherry anything!); they're the only company I know of who makes that flavor.

Anybody else know the company?

1. profile image0

Nope never heard of it but the way you described it I wanna know that company lol

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64

I was living in Maryland at the time, and I have a sneaky suspicion that they're a small company serving a limited region sad

I haven't been able to find their ice cream in West Virginia...BUT we DID just start getting UTZ potato chips (which I believe are made in PA and only shipped to a limited area as well) so there may be hope.

1. profile image0

Find their website, find their email and complain that you can't find their ice cream any where and you know that where you live a lot of ppl would buy their ice cream. I did that and now we have a CiCi's in San Diego as well as The Melting Pot big_smile I got all my friends to do it too. so if you bring it to their attention then maybe they'll do the research and possibly send out their ice cream to your area. big_smile

2. profile image0

I'm confused which one it is.  Google search shows up lists of "green" chocolates.  There's one company called green and black, I think it was...  Is it organic chocolate?

2. profile image0

Never heard of Green's.  But, I never turn down a chocolate company with a good rep.  smile  Google, here I come.

3. yenajeon profile image69

Green's as in Green & Black? They have *amazing* ice cream! I have been eating so badly and I'm going to Cancun in like 4 days hmm

1. profile image0

Cancun? uh oh don't get too wild over there girl lol

1. yenajeon profile image69

Lol there's no such thing. It was a surprise from my bf. I really really needed a warm vacation!

1. profile image0

aaaaa what a sweet bf. you BETTER take your camera woman and snap tons of pics..especially nature pics. You can write a pretty hub about the nature and post the pics big_smile

1. yenajeon profile image69

good idea! And do a review of the hotel/beaches/clubs smile
                    Thanks!
                    You're lucky to be living in a sunny state, its super depressing here. (MI)

2. TheGlassSpider profile image64

I don't know...maybe?

You can find them on the web...I hesitate to post anything here, but you could try typing "greens" and the words "icecream" and throwing a .com on the end and that will probably take you to them. wink

34. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Yes, 10 years is long enough!  leave the bastard!  If he can't treat you right and gets away with only giving you some measly chocolates on the 10th anniv, that's reason enough!  I say go now, before it gets really ugly - - - what?  huh? 

oh, you mean you are pondering leaving HUBPAGES?     gaaaaah!  NO!  you can't do that - we would miss you, really, and besides, sometimes you are one of the only voices of reason, even tho I usually disagree with you.  Everyone is getting so agreeable, I need someone to say the things you say - PLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAASE!  don't go!  I really don't know how you could even think it!

how was that? huh?   well, shucks, gosh knows I try!

35. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I found Reese's Peanut Butter cups with dark Chocolate the best candy bar I have ever had.

1. profile image0

ooo that sounds good Note to self: when able to have chocolate around Easter time buy some! big_smile

36. profile image0

lol Mega you are too dang funny girl! love the new pic too

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

geeeee - thanks!  and I like your pic too, I don't think it looks like a phony smile at all! heh heh

1. profile image0

okay have no idea how to take that comment...because that isn't a fake smile...

1. mega1 profile image79

I forget which thread we were in the other day when I believe Cags said he thought your new picture wasn't as good as others and the smile was phoney (phony?) looking!  remember that?  or did I imagine it?  anyhow it looks wonderful!  I don't think it looks fake - never did!

1. profile image0

That's right Cags did say it looked phony lol I guess I forgot...too much crap running around in the old brain lol thanks mega smile

2. Cagsil profile image71

I said that the smile look FORCED? roll

And, in the picture, she looks like she is forcing herself to smile.

1. profile image0

hehehe Cags you appeared oout of no where..was your ear burning? and no not forcing like I said before. smile

1. Cagsil profile image71

Correct Crazd. I left it at that. I didn't bring it back up. Someone else did.

In all honesty, to me, it doesn't matter. I'm not the using the picture. big_smile tongue

1. profile image0

lol skyfire told me he liked this one a lot better than the other one...the one you helped me with. said it scared him lol maybe I should go back to that one later on lmao

1. mega1 profile image79

yep - stirred things up, didn't I - not sorry not sorry . . . and that old pic scared me too!  it made me think you are a writer of horror stories!  hehehe   gosh this is more fun than I've had on the forums for quite awhile!  lol

37. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

broooooaaaaaah hahahahahahah!  stirring things up a little, what?  not sorry either! broooooaaaaaah hahahahahahah!  AHAHAHHA!

38. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

SERIOUSLY, lmao! now! lol

39. W. Scott Phoenix profile image60
    W. Scott Phoenixposted 14 years ago

Y'all heard wsp2469 was banned, right?  it just might be forever, too.

1. profile image0

??

2. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile Not a very good disguise there, "W. Scott Phoenix." I think I'll call you WSP for short. lol

40. profile image0

You two and your "mug" shots lol I know bad joke

lol
      Not a bad joke Crazd.
      I keep all my avatars in a folder called "mugs"
      lol
      <edit>

1. profile image0

aaaa you mean there are ppl out there who gets my weird sense of humor? yikes I'm home!  lol

2. profile image0

Snort, snort, snort.  lol  We met in the slammer.

1. profile image0

yikes Wow the information one find outs on here lol

okay what were you guys in for? this time lol

1. profile image0

WAY too many Google TOS violations (and stealing coffee mugs).  lol

Crazd...
            I think we should nominate WS for a membership in the Depp Club.
            All in favor?
            You are the president, after all...
            lol

1. profile image0

Oi! not THAT whole thing again...I'm not the president d@mn it! I don't wanna be the president *falls on the ground and throws a fit*

2. profile image0

DEPP club?  Is Johnny involved?  I'm in. 

Jen, take a nap but come back later.  I want to chat in "the OTHER" room.  Need to get some stuff off my chest.  Yes, Brenda, sorry we really did get carried away here...  When the topic's chocolate, we get a little crazy.

1. profile image0

Hijack away!
                I love chocolate
                and I love fun threads.  big_smile

2. profile image0

So THAT is where my coffee mugs disappeared to. and you two told me you've never been to Anaheim, CA. You lied to me lol

1. profile image0

I've really been enjoying the mug with you and your hubby.  Perfect for a nice cappucino.  The cat one's a little small, but alright for espresso.  lol

1. profile image0

lol lol I want my mugs back! and yes Johnny Depp is involved...I stated once about the new Alice in wonderland moving coming out with Depp in it and they all made me the president of the Depp Club even after I said no roll lol

1. profile image0

lol  I want to see that movie, too, Madame President.

1. profile image0

*hits self in head with the palm of my right hand* doh!

Here are the official proceedings:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/28127?page=4#post560241

sorry Crazd, your country has called you to office.
                  er, your forum buddies I mean. Called you to office.

lol

1. profile image0

Crap I thought that was gone by now...far far far down on the forums lol

41. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

mega1 if that is you in that picture......  tongue

42. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

aaaaahhhh

Maddie I thought you were here to tell us to stop hijacking.
    'phew.

WS, I'll be on-line about this time tomorrow - we'll bump our first forum or start a new one up, k?

You can always e-mail me too, I've got a good ear if you need to talk.

later gaters!

1. profile image0

cya jen talk to ya lates

43. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I LOVE BIG BOOBIE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!  big_smile

1. mega1 profile image79

c'mere

1. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YES MAM!!!   tongue

1. mega1 profile image79

here

(what do hugs SOUND like?  mmmmmpf?)

1. Hokey profile image61
            Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I Love it!!!!!!!!!  tongue

44. profile image0

Sorry, was away doing schoolie things. Any chocolate left? big_smile

1. profile image0

Plenty!

And cyber chocolate has NO calories!  Even though that's offset by just sitting on our rears in front of a computer....wink

1. profile image0

I'm mentally jogging as we speak. lol

45. profile image0

lol

me too.

46. profile image0

You're right.
    I'll never be able to resist chatting altogether, though.
    I'll need to re-gain a happy medium, a balance.

47. profile image0

I'll call for pizza if anyone'll pick it up. big_smile

1. profile image0

Gotta be thin crust and loaded w/veggies & mushrooms!
      And NO anchovies!
      wink

1. profile image0

Uh oh. I sense another smackdown! I'm a Chicago-style pizza man. big_smile

2. mega1 profile image79

maybe just one slice of veggie for me - I just ate dinner!

1. profile image0

Okay, three slices it is! big_smile

48. profile image0

Okay okay.  Maybe we can compromise.   Most pizza places will make pizzas half-n-half.   Or are you springing for TWO pizzas?   You did say you'd pay, right??  big_smile

Might have to have more than two.  There's a lotta people here who love chocolate; bet they like pizza too, even after dessert!

1. profile image0

I think both styles will do just fine; we'll have to get about, um, ten to start? big_smile

49. W. Scott Phoenix profile image60
    W. Scott Phoenixposted 14 years ago

You are not alone in pondering over that issue since I can publish anything I wish on my own website and can also publish on my boss' website in my own column.  Still, there are some people here that almost want to make me try again.
    Nevertheless, I have published one more hub--for sure--that had to see the light of day before this month is over. 
    (If you're the least bit interested in what all happened feel free to go to the wsp2469 profile OR check out the CLOSED forum on the closing of wsp2469.)

50. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Happy Anniversary and Cheerio...

1. profile image0

Thank you Lady_E!

@
      W. Scott Phoenix,
      I couldn't find an original profile for wsp, nor a "Closed" forum, but found some previous postings in the forums.
      I'm very vocal when I know about an issue,  but I don't know you, so I won't comment on anything concerning banning......but I did read your current hub and commented on it.

Always nice to "meet" another hubber.  Hope you do well and enjoy the site!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)