Women in male role ?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (41 posts)
  1. sushant143 profile image61
    sushant143posted 14 years ago

i just want to kow what if our society change to women in lead & men in fallow?

1. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

really?

2. Cagsil profile image72
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That would defeat the purpose of living in harmony and being happy, just like right now, in society, where men refuse to see women as equals.

Gender discrimination is still a problem. It happens more than most want to admit. There are too many people, who refuse to pay attention to what is happening around them or to do something when they do see something, except in some cases, where truly good deeds are done.

It will continue on until more people realize equality among humanity doesn't mean the downfall for humanity. It actually means the complete opposite.

The "label" makers, who have narrow-minded views, either because they think themselves better than others or have some religious view opposing, are the ones doing all the damage.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gotta agree with Cagsil here - except add that even our idea of 'equality' is a label, man and women cannot be 'equal' because we are different, we can only have a more balanced relationship. It is the labelling,  as Cags says, but also it is the unneccesary dividing into labelled pieces that cannot be reconciled like approaching the problem through the divisiveness of feminism.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
          Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So........ What Exactly are you saying??? hmm

Do you mean that it was a waste of time for those women who burnt their bras??? hmm

I think men in general are terrorfied that such an event could happen.  It amazes me that women would even consent to wearing burkas or anything else that men dictate.

Go Girls.... Kick some butt lol

2. Cagsil profile image72

Then you are not agreeing with me.

Equality is equals in every aspect, simply because you're human.

One man's potential is no greater than one woman's potential. Thus, they are equal.

1. profile image0
            Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. big_smile

2. profile image0
            StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is the way it should be, but as we know in many parts of the world women are basically nothing but property or worse. I even feel it at work from some of the men that seem to think they are superior...even though I am more productive and constantly being noted for my work. They think I get this recognition because of my looks not the effort I put into my work.

1. Cagsil profile image72

Is that something you think is happening or are you actually seeing in the people you work with, as in their actions or treatment or facial expressions?

I'm just curious to hear what you have to say. Please do tell? smile

1. profile image0

Sometimes they say things when they think I'm not able to hear them or someone will tell about what goes on while I'm not around..It doesn't really bother me..I know my work is solid and there is no way they can deny that fact. I'm a pretty kick ass chick at work!! lol

1. Black Lilly profile image60
                  Black Lillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Use your looks against them - and then watch... big_smile
                  Men are gifted with two brains, but unfortunately they do not work together - why not use that fact?

3. profile image0

How can people with organically different roles in society be equal?

It is pointless making that statement unless you can define how a father can equal a mother for instance, different roles different requirements.

I firmly believe in a better negotiation between man and woman but equal infers that one is greater than the other and any change is only about a balance of greatness if we take that route. Feminism is more about superiority among women than equality - I forget who said that but it points out the problem.

3. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, they're following us alright ! lol

1. profile image0

You mean chasing ?? big_smile

2. pooja0908 profile image61
    pooja0908posted 14 years ago

It should be but still not everywhere.
    Hope it will

3. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

And would you embrace that change in India??? hmm
    Maybe teach your poor to allow girls to become educated so they aren't discriminated against?? hmm
    And for you personally.....
    It would mean that you would have to dump your Bollywood Hubs on your local actresses and start writing about real stuff that contains original content! hmm

4. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

How did it work out for you in Indira Ghandi's day?

1. Pearldiver profile image66
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly lol

2. sushant143 profile image61
      sushant143posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello Ghost32

I don't know what men think when Indira Gandhi rule, but  today When any one talk about Indira They talk with respect. & want one more Indira

5. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Oh..and I put in a 14 hour day today..9:00 am to 11:00pm
    While the men went home at 5:00 or 6:00pm

1. Cagsil profile image72

sad Sorry to hear that. But, hopefully you're smiling now that you're here. smile lol lol

2. sushant143 profile image61
      sushant143posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did uou want to say that men leave early bcoz they work fast

1. profile image0

I say that because the men I work with are lazy and not dedicated to doing the job that needs to be done, they would rather go drink or whatever it is they do..Thats why I get promoted before them and make more money than them..I'm only 25 and make more than some men who have been doing this for ten years.. I ROCK!! lol...Really I do!! lol

1. thisisoli profile image69
          thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thats a pretty sweet work ethic, and will get you far.

Remember not to take life too seriously though, it will get you down otherwise!

2. profile image0
          Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A lot of men really are lazy and fail to provide a day's work for a day's pay.  I discovered this during the summer of 1968 when working in an underground phosphate mine in Montana.  On that job, you could earn "day's pay" at so much per hour--or, if you were both skilled and ambitious and part of an excellent 2 or 3 man team, you could "make contract", in which your pay was based on how much phosphate ore you mined in a given week.

All that summer, about three months in total, I'd been assigned as a "fourth man" (on day's pay) to a superstar 3 man team who were favored by the bosses.  They were stopers who regularly made contract, drilling and blasting, while all I did was sit in one spot, moving levers back and forth, mucking ore away from the mining "face" and several hundreds of yards downslope to dump into the chute to await transport to the portal.  In most such cases, the person doing the job I was doing would have been part of the crew itself, not an add-on, and would have the "slusher operator" would have rotated daily, but this situation was unique.

Anyway, the point to all this is that after that stope was finished, the 3 man crew moved to another area and I was reassigned to work with another partner.  But at the end of that time, those 3 men presented me with a "parting gift"--a bottle of Jack Daniels black label whiskey. 

I was startled.  "All I did was do my job!"

They looked at me with incredulity:  "Do realize how RARE that is?"

Until then, no, I guess I hadn't.  Since then, yes, I've figured it out.  I was 25 at the time.

6. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I'm gonna get a lot of flack from the women over this, but I'm just being honest: I don't want to be a man. I enjoy being a woman. I like being treated like a lady (I know - ugly word!). I like being taken out for dinner, having my chair pulled out for me, and having doors being opened for me. I totally believe that males and females who do the same job equally well should be paid equal wages. I also think if girls/females want to hunt, fish, play sports, lift weights, etc, they should be able to. If they want to be doctors and lawyers, more power to them.

But I don't want to be the same as a man. I guess it's my old-fashioned Southern heritage, but I like cooking for a man. I like taking care of a man and nurturing a man. In turn, I like to be taken care of by a man, too. I'm not talking about being financially taken care of by a man.

Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say??

1. profile image0
      IĆ°unnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do.  You sound just like me.   smile

2. profile image0

I don't want to be a man either..lol And I love being the woman for a man and being treated as such when we are together as a couple...But I also work in a professional setting with mostly men I just want be seen as a working equal and be respected for my abilities.

1. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You seemed to be an excellent employee. You go the extra mile by putting in more yet productive hours at work, write well, and display analytical ability by conducting accurate analysis consistently. Likewise, I would not mind having you on my team as a colleague or superior.

During my years in school and in the workplace, I have encountered several women who were superstars. Likewise, I have no problem with qualified women leading companies and this country.

1. profile image0

You would be good to work with Kendrick and I'm sure your upcoming adventure will show everyone just that!!

2. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image61
        Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No human being wants to feel shut out or slurred by another, especially a group of others, many men today hang out in groups to protect themselves and also agree to demean women, it is out of fear of what women can do, they mostly have issues with their mothers from when they had to obey her....so when they grow up they want to be free, so they try to intimidate women to prevent them from having control over them.  Women have to stand up and show they are who they are, but not to say, in the home, and in the bedroom they should be like a man, we are made soft and curvy, different from men on purpose, and we need different things to feel fullfilled.  It is our nature to nuture, and compliment the needs of our mates.

3. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, I understand and feel the same in most respects. but I do enjoy a man cooking for me, there's something very nice about that, and that he enjoys it.

I think men and women are equal, why should they not be? we evolve and change. I'm not someone's cave woman. the relationship should be based on respect and understanding, not expectations because of gender.

I've always been a tomboy on the feminine side. I love sports, being outside, getting dirty but I also love pampering and feeling like a woman, the girl stuff.

equality in the work place is slowly happening, but the woman has to work so hard to get there. that's why so many women have their own businesses. also there are now more women than men graduating from college and going on to obtain higher degrees of education.

7. profile image54
    probafixposted 14 years ago

No no not at all...

8. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image61
    Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years ago

I was very interested in the Security Teams at the Academy Awards last night and I noticed that the women security guards were very vigilant and alert about all kinds of details, they were essentially performing a "male role" in this important job of protecting our event, I felt very safe among them and did not feel less protected because the team was not all men. cool

1. profile image0

Good points..I didn't watch the show...you must have good eyes..lol

1. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image61
        Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hee Hee, It was not shown on the television,  but during the whole week of preparation for the Academy Awards Program, pre-recording, reheasals and set-up, etc, the Security Guard Force kept growing day by day, by the time of the event, there were Hundreds of Security Guards, thousands of police officers, plain clothes security and National guard, I am sure there were security there that no one actually saw as well, but I had to notice how the female guards were very vigilant with their assignments and several of the women were supervisors, delegating to many male security guards.  The entire environment was trained and in alert, it felt very safe.

9. sushant143 profile image61
    sushant143posted 14 years ago

why all gals are trying to tell we are the best .just reply what if we are pathfinder the what you do ?

10. feelikes profile image53
    feelikesposted 14 years ago

Super!!! smile

11. scentualhealing profile image59
    scentualhealingposted 14 years ago

The soul is neither mail nor female
    We will reincarnate many time coming back as a different sex each time depending on what our earthly lessons call for.

Mans role is no different from a womans
    a womans role is not different from a mans

it takes a woman and a man to bring about the birth of a child
    making them equal

physical differences do not mean a thing

if you want your children to be allowing of others dfferences whether that be race or gender you must be allowing of them as individuals as they grow up and you must model yourself and be allowing of others

men and woman both will swear that they treat they boy children they same as their girls children but they do not

of this battle of the sexs would not be going on

there is a new generation that is more allowing coming into being but it will take many more decades to rid this generation of the hate for the female gender and the hate for all differences of other human beings.

...to learn and grow in love and relationship together

12. Phenomenal woman profile image58
    Phenomenal womanposted 13 years ago

Women were put here for a different type of strength,than a man.A man may be physically stronger than a women,but a women is emotionally stronger than a man.He may be able to bust his ass to feed his family,which will keep them alive.But a woman will bust her ass to keep her family together with love and nurturing.Most men wouldn't be willing to birth a child,then again,most women wouldn't be willing to lift bricks to build a home.It all goes hand in hand.It works just the way it was meant to work.Leave it alone and play your part.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)