New Hubbers Posting Intimate Questions

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Am I the only one who feels awkward responding to questions about intimacy with a new Hubber?  I mean, there was a question about lack of sex between a 6-months married couple from a New Hubber of 3 hours.  No Hubs, No Followers.  It just concerns me that someone who does this is like...a predator.  yikes

1. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WoW...Now I'm wondering just what everyone really thinks of me??
      I am always talking in a flirtatious and sexual way...does everyone think I'm some sex crazed woman out here corrupting men and women across the country?? Okay...I admit...thats exactly what I am!! lol lol

Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol   Nah, not you!!   

I get the flirts & teasing & fun & such   lol   I'm just such a prude I don't join in - maybe someday   lol

1. profile image0

lol Thanks!! I know you love me Rafini big_smile  smile And you are free to join in whenever you wish!!

I'm sure I will wish upon a star in the midnight sky and find my way to join the fun.   smile

(but not today - i'm feeling prudish)

2. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

nah, i don't think that way about you.  besides, there's nothing wrong with a little playful banter here and there.  in fact, it makes things a lot more interesting.  wink lol

3. starme77 profile image77
        starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Storm we know you are not a sex crazed woman but just a Big flirt. smile However, if I am wrong that is still a bonus for you.

Rafini do you think I am a sex crazed male? smile  I believe you were the woman I was flirting with on one of the 3 word posts.

lol   Oh, is that what you call it??   lol

(btw - all men are sex crazed, aren't they?  lol)

1. profile image0

Yes we call it flirting...lol. You can blame it on our hormones since we cannot help ourselves. smile

You cannot help yourselves, huh?  Maybe I need to dig into this a little further....smile

1. profile image0

It's not our fault that women are so beautiful. smile

oh no, we aren't goin there!  (tis not true)

please try another tactic   smile

1. profile image0

...and so smart, caring, passionate, peaceful, and respectful. Ah. I guess "Men Are From Mars and Women are from Venus."

2. profile image0

You probably won't have to dig to deep because the majority of men are fairly shallow!! lol lol

1. profile image0

I guess I am in the minority. smile

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
            Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nope

2. Paula Foster profile image61
          Paula Fosterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'M JUST TUNING IN BUT THAT WAS FUNNY KENRICK@RAFINI: NO YOU DIDN'T SAY" HE WAS THE THIRD GIRL ON THE POST"?  LOL. NO OFFENSE RAFINI.  JUST SAYING THOUGH. HEE,HEE,HEE..OH,MY BAD.

1. mega1 profile image79
            mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

so, is that a style choice you are making?  the all caps thing?  kinda like when I don't capitalize?  hehehe

5. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We all think you are hot and are hoping you will pursue us! smile

Oh I'm sure there will come a time....lol

6. profile image57
        foreignpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shouldn't this be in the religious category?

2. Paula Foster profile image61
      Paula Fosterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I HAVE BEEN A HUBBER FOR LESS THAN 12 HOURS AND MY TOPICS MAY HAVE ALREADY STARTED SOME THINKING.  I JUST WANT TO KEEP IT AS REAL AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT GOING TOO FAR.  JUST ENOUGH TO GET THE POINT ACROSS NOT TO DISGUST OR MAKE SLIGHT OF ANYONE OR HARM THEM.

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

here at hubpages we've already decided that unless you are SHOUTING one should not type with all caps, please!  In fact, there are a few who evidently will be mightily offended by all caps.  Me, I don't care, I think its kinda funny!

3. Will Say Plenty profile image60
      Will Say Plentyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A predator?  No.  Sad? yes.

2. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

So...I take it I am the only one to feel this way?   Now I feel really awkward...

3. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

its very possible, as ANYONE here can be a sexual predator for all we know. I know im not and I know certain other hubbers who I call friends aren't (they know who they are too). However, I can't speak for EVERYONE here.  therefore, it's a possibility.  however, i don't think we should jump to any conclusions though as there's not enough evidence to support the matter.  for all you know, it could've been a person genuinely looking for help.  then again i could be wrong.  all im saying is, that it's kind of hard to tell when it comes to online, but i wouldn't take it seriously.  unless this person e-mails you some nasty letters for no  reason, then i'd be worried.  otherwise, i'd just ignore it.  anyway, i hope that helps.

it does.  It's also one of the reasons I posted seperately rather than reply directly.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh i see.  well im sorry to hear it freaked you out then.  however, i wouldn't let it bother you okay.  like i said, unless this guy starts to harass you, then I would just ignore it. besides, Mikel is probably right.  it's probably a fake account another hubber created, because they were too embarassed to post it under their normal one.

makes sense.  thanks.  smile

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

<--------------- sexual preditor big_smile

i'm going to run & hide now.

lol

I don't believe it for a minute!

1. profile image0
          shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only with the right man! hehehe

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

I assumed that it was merely a sock puppet created to protect the identity of one of our hubbers that was concerned for their own privacy...

didn't think abou tthat.  I'll keep it in mind if I see it again.  smile

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The first thing that comes to my mind after reading most of these questions is the one mentioned above by Mikel.

5. mintinfo profile image62
    mintinfoposted 14 years ago

The (50) have people who are experts in psychologically profiling and baiting the perverts who lurk in cyber space. Or I would hope so. My daughter is 15 and I wouldn't want her being harassed by one of them.

6. profile image0
    SwampDonkeyposted 14 years ago

I just got here. I will watch what I say.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)