jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Let's Start Over..You and Me

1. 60
    reflectionofloveposted 6 years ago

They say your first love is sometimes the one that knows you the best. This could be true
    but is it worth going back? Is it worth revisiting all the bad just to get back to the days when love was all you had? When you've loved hard and have put your everything into what was only meant for you and him. Is it worth risking your heart again just to have it painfully at stake for love on a whim? Maybe the second time around is a keeper.Just maybe there is a fighting chance to fall deep all over again. But how does it work this time you ask. You're affraid that there is no real answer to that. You want to walk away from the past, but something keeps calling you back because in your arms is truly where I want to be. To know again the simplicity of you and me. Where do I go, where do I begin? How do I tell you and make you understand all that lies within? You're my one true love, my first, my last and the end.

2. Rozzy88 profile image60
    Rozzy88posted 6 years ago

I am all too familiar with this! My first love and I still speak every now and then. Part of me has always wanted him back, but the two of us had our problems as well. What you really need to ask yourself is, do you miss HIM or do you miss the IDEA of him? I like to think that if my first love and I were meant to be together, we'd be together right now. It's been 3 years since I've seen him last. I have, since then, married a wonderful man, and he has, since then, gotten engaged to a beautiful woman. He was my first love, so there will always be a special place in my heart for him that belongs to no one else. However, even though we still love each other, it does not effect our relationships we're in now. We want each other to be happy. Our happiness just doesn't exist with each other, but that's alright. Would we trust each other alone together? Probably not, but we know our limits. Old feelings do arise. You never forget your first love. But if you really loved that person, their happiness is a priority for you. Think in their best interest. You'll feel a sense of peace when you realize loving them doesn't mean you have to be in their arms. Loving them means being an amazing friend.

1. corza profile image60
      corzaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks alot for this post really helped and as a guy its not easy to tell what exactly i even want or think  about my love anymore but yea joined up just so i could say thanku any advice for say if you were not talking but situations such as a child together meant there was not a way in which to go cold turkey off this relationship??  i still have the feelings but dont think its a gd idea to act upon them but cant remove myself from seeing her .. really quite lost

3. 60
    dagnytaggertposted 6 years ago

I relate quite entirely. How do you ever get past that first real true feeling.. the one that made you feel the best you ever felt..whole, happy and dang.. so excited. And yet probably the one that when it ended ript you apart like something had been torn away from you and you were never sure you would get it back again.

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I'm a big one for "that was then; this is now.  Thanks for  the memories."

To me, whatever was "off" the first time around is most likely going to re-surface second-time around, as soon as everyone gets tired of being on the best behavior, or trying to change whatever it is was that did in the relationship first time around.

To me, if it's "right" you both know it.  If it's wrong, at least one of you knows it.  No use spinning wheels over the stuff that's inbetween.   hmm