jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (36 posts)

Ladies, this question is for you regarding marriage

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

Seeing as how nobody ever opened a forum on this topic as well.  i'd like ask you ladies how did your husband propose to you?  And if your single, then please tell me exactly how you would want him/her to propose to you?

1. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I want them without clothes with a briefcase full of unmarked hundred dollar bills a poodle, three Big Macs, one AA medallion for one year sober, while on one knee, smiling while singing the Hokey Pokey and turning themselves around. That's what it's all about! big_smile

Sorry I'm not a lady but I see that word and I want to be where they are!  tongue

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sad
        Then I will not propose ! mad

1. Hokey profile image60

That doesn't go for Goddes$es!  neutral

lol lol

2. Stevennix2001 profile image84
        Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol  that's cool.  i forgot that women can now propose to guys too.  of course, i'm bit old fashioned, so i forgot.  lol.  however, that's a very good way to be proposed to though. i think most guys wouldn't resist a pretty gal proposing like that to them.  lol

3. mod2vint profile image67
        mod2vintposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Too Funny!!! smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He'd just won a small lottery prize.  We were walking past a jewellery store and he said, "well I suppose I'd better buy you a ring then"...

Ah, my husband, incurable romantic!

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
        ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol Too funny. But, sweet in its own way, none-the-less.  Sometimes the most practical guys are the ones that suprise you.

2. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

Mine was a long distance relationship, I wanted to move to the UK and assuming all went well then get married. I got the ok from the british consulate in SF and got on a plane all excited. When I got to london I was denied entry into the country and was gonna be sent back state side but the customs lady did not want to hold me in the cell at the airport all night so let me through for the night to stay with my bf and I was to be back first thing in the morning. The next day at the airport before entering he proposed just before I was to get on a plane to leave the country (being deported!). I swear not many can beat that! yikestongue

wow, that's very romantic.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The flight back was from London to SF, I cried and slept for most of it! But, I had to be put in first class on the flight back due to the flight being over booked and since we sat at heathrow for half the day we missed the connecting flight and they had to put me up in a hotel to boot! I felt I got my revenge for deporting me lol

lol. that's good to  know.  plus, i'm  sure your husband  moved back with you huh?

2. Rafini profile image87
      Rafiniposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sweet  smile

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But you are so cute..I love your sweet little picture.

3. Rafini profile image87
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

My ex proposed to me by way of an engagement ring as a Christmas present to be opened in front of his entire family.  I do NOT recommend this type of proposal!  lol

4. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

Hmmmm. Well, he never really got down and formally proposed. Before we went inside a movie theatre, he just said, "I want you to marry me".  And I said, "Okay....". Then he wanted to jump right in & start looking for rings like the next week. I wasn't ready. He pushed me, but I allowed it.  Had I waited 6 more months, we wouldn't have been married. But, here we are, 12 years later and he refuses to go to a movie and won't wear his wedding ring. Marriage bliss..........

1. Hokey profile image60

Won't wear his ring? yikes   Why?  neutral

1. donotfear profile image90
        donotfearposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The cold, stone hard truth: legalism through religion. Now you know the truth.

He was a UPC (United Pentacostal Church) preacher before he divorced his first wife who was mentally ill, Schizphrenic with extreme psychosis. He backslid.....left the church. Found me again after 30 years. I was in another church...a charismatic. He married me in my church, exchanged vows, rings. Then, 3 months after the wedding, he went back to his old church, the UPC. Which, as most do not know, have 'holiness standards'. Women don't wear pants, don't cut their hair, no wedding rings for the wearing of gold is a 'sin', and other ridiculous standards. I would not accept the doctrine of 'works' because I am under Grace.........He threw out the TV first...got dogmatic. I remained faithful to my beliefs and my marrieage vows and worshipped in my own church, he his. And it is that way today. I will not be under the rule of man. We have managed to stay together but, we are divided. I'm married....but I don't have a husband. You musta missed my thread a few weeks back. 

Okay, so you now all know the truth. That is my shocking secret. And NO, I have not left my Faith. I continue to worship in an Assembly of God church. It's not God that caused it, it is legalism.

1. Hokey profile image60

I'll wear your ring! big_smile

big_smile big_smile big_smile
            I may take you up on that....

1. tantrum profile image61

hi tantrum,  hows it going? i was wondering when you would show up.  lol

2. Hokey profile image60

We have the perfect setting! tantrum is playing the violin!  lol

Yes, isn't that nice. But it has a mixed message.

1. Hokey profile image60

Mixed? neutral

2. tantrum profile image61

lol

Take care ! sometimes I use it as a weapon ! big_smile

1. Hokey profile image60

Maybe I like weapons! wink

wow, i'm sorry to hear that. i can't imagine how that must be like.

Yeah, well, it's a unique situation. I've dealt with it. And of course, considered leaving many times. The last 6 months have been confusing...outside interferences pushing at my boundaries.

not to sound like a jerk, but a guy not wanting to wear his wedding ring sounds a bit fishy if you ask me.  sorry, i don't mean to offend you.  i was just stating an opinion.

No problem, I'm used to it. Read above for an explanation. I'm not ashamed nor afraid. Just stating truth.

5. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

My husband cooked dinner. After we ate he told me all his feelings for me. Told me he knew I was the one the moment he met me. He didn't get on his knees, but he sat close to me on the sofa and took out my ring. He than said "I'd love to be your husband and take care of you, if you feel the same"

I was a little shocked at myself as I said yes, yes, yes..

6. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

So Steven, you've separated us on your last threads... guys against girls... and now you want us back together again w/ proposals, huh? roll

(just kidding you my favorite little kitty. lol )

lol. yeah but don't you know the best part about guys fighting with girls is the making up part. lol.  didn't you know that?  wink

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
        ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Making up is my favorite... wink  Wanna fight? tongue lol

7. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago

My husband proposed on New Year's Eve.  Told me his New Year's Resolution was to make me the happiest woman in the world. Kissed me, plopped down on one knee and got out a ring.  It would have been perfect if not for his drunken single buddies shouting "Holy sh*t!!! Look!!! They're getting engaged!" lol

(Actually, I love his friends dearly, and the humor of the moment made it that much better.  We were still in college, after all, a little immaturity is to be expected - and still is!)

working