ladies how often...

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (148 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

how often do you catch men staring at your chest? it's like i can't get through one day with out some guy staring at my chest. the other day i went into a bank and the manager himself could not look me in the eye. i'm getting fed up with this. my breasts are big but still they should have respect enough to not stare or make it obvious that they are. i wonder do women with small breasts have the same problem? if not i might consider getting a reduction.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you dress to conceal them or to flaunt them? That may be part of it. I'm sure if I walked around with half of my penis showing, women would look...  hmm

1. profile image0
        Lecieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have social phobias and hide as much as i can. i always try blending in with the back ground but still for some reason you men single me out. if you were showing your penis i'm sure that you would be the only one looking.

2. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ive worn the clothing equivalent to a paper bag. I promise you, men are more interested in boobs, then women are in dicks. In general. like, visualy in public.

That may be true...but my point is, women dress to draw male attention to the breast, why are some surprised when it works?

If 98% of women walk around with half of their breasts exposed why is it surprising that men look at the area of the breast? (and even as we talk about this your avatar is a profile that highlights your breasts... hmm )

1. profile image0

sure, look at my pic right now? think that was an accident?

but there are plenty of women who DO NOT dress for attention, and get it anyway.

Because men are programmed by the 98% that are looking for attention.

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
                ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think its far more genetic than "programmed."  And, I may get jumped on for saying that.  But, I also believe that either way, its something that can be controlled, and SHOULD be in the context of polite society.  I might inadvertantly glance, out of suprise, if a guy was walking around with his penis out, but I wouldn't outright stare.  (And, I might not... doesn't really interest me... In general, men are much more visually stimulated than women.)  So, lets go to something that isn't sexual to illustrate a point.

If someone has a disfigurement, a scar, or even a big smudge of jelly on their face, we may see it, and "look" at first, but we've learned that to be polite, we don't stare.  Why is it different with breasts?

1. profile image0

I would outright stare.

and how many women have thier tits 'right out', in a normal public  setting?

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
                    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

I assume Mikel is refering to low cut shirts and such, not to actual naked jiggling jubblies.

lol

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

Most if not deep cleavage, then it is form fitting clothing...

2. profile image0

yeah....

that stinks huh?

why cant men think? like, if a woman is clearly not enjoying the attention..like..it IS clear..why DO they still look?
                Its an honest question, not attacky and all..I realy do wonder about that. Im well aware that LOTS of women DO want attention and it can be confusing, but...really, some peopel are just trying to get thier groceries.

Why do some women refuse to take no for an answer? I have been on that side of the coin most of my life. I am not one of these guys that has no self control, but I have had to take my share and then some of the harassment from women that would not take no for an answer... should I get on here and complain that all women are pigs?

Why do women think it is ok for them to hit a man who has just been caught cheating on them, but it is not ok for a man to hit a woman caught doing the same thing?

Why is ok for a woman to vandalize a man's possessions but when a man does it he goes to jail?

for every example of a man being less than what you want men to be, I can point out an example of women not being everything they claim to be, or should be...

People are not perfect... that is a fact of life. Dealing with Your phobia, is something you have to deal with, you can't expect the world to be something other than what it is out of convience for you...it just can't work that way.

My Humble Opinion.

{another reason why men look is because our looking lets you know that we are interested, the response we get is what decides our next action.}

1. profile image0

ya know what?

men and women are all people

life is hard no matter how ya slice it

I have had an awful day and am not really making tons of sense right now

Im sorry any woman was ever a jerk to you, so far as I can tell, you didnt deserve it.

Ill be back some other day to rationally discuss rational things, Mr Mike G. I do hope you know anything I said was not directed at YOU but..just men ...as your a man and seemed willing to disclose manly secrets at the time.

have a good night and sorry iIconfusingly flaunted my tits, but feel free to look a them, for today only.

2. JOE BARNETT profile image60
          JOE BARNETTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

justine i'm sure if that pic is you then you are an eye magnet,huh?

3. profile image0
        JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

as we dialed the police and the psychiatric unit. It is a funny double standard.

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You cannot control men looking at your breasts, but you can control your reaction to it.  Why does it bother you so much?  Just relax and enjoy it.  Someday when you're older and it doesn't happen so often, you might miss it!  smile

1. profile image0

i have social phobias and ptsd from being held captive when i was 7. the attentions of men wether physical or visual make me ill to my stomach. i can and will never enjoy it. i wish i could be a free spirit and not let these things bother me. but until i can safely go somewhere without guys oogling me i doubt i'll ever be able to. maybe i should get a reduction and develope terrets...lol
        that could be fun.

1. mega1 profile image78
          mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am a little concerned that you open yourself up for the exact kind of attention you say you don't want - this is not the place to expect an intellectual discussion about this.  What are you wanting here?

2. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's different and I can understand your anxiety.  Perhaps a reduction would help.  I know someone who had it done and she is much more comfortable with herself now.

You'll never be able to stop from from oogling at you, though.  It's what they do.

3. profile image0

terrets..its THE way to go say WHATEVER you want, vulgar as all get out..and then..what? I have terrets? minus the twitches, of course....

4. profile image0
          Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear about your social anxiety issues, Lecie. I also have some social anxiety problems, though not nearly as acute as yours. I've found that no matter what I wear, I get some sort of unwanted staring from men. I even had a sweater I bought specifically because it was 1) kind of baggy, 2) not transparent in any way, and 3) of a thick, curve hiding material. Didn't matter. Still had some doorknob barista stare while I stood in line next to my boyfriend.

Some men are just pigs, and the best a woman with severe social anxiety problems can do is breath, ignore, and walk away. A reduction may help, but one woman I know with similar problems didn't feel any better afterwards. One girl I knew used to wear false eyelashes in neon colors, making people stare there instead of her chest. I don't know if it helped, but she certainly thought so smile

1. profile image0

sad   Im sorry youguys have such beign inpublic sadness.

neon eylashes sounds pretty cool.

1. profile image0
              Norah Caseyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe it is nearly as bad as Lecie's troubles, but being uncomfortable in social settings is bad enough. Having some dude drool over you while you are already uncomfortable makes it even worse.

I have four brothers, and every girl they have dated has commented to either my mother or myself about how they *don't* stare. So I know it is possible! It is just the jerks who lack self control that do it. A glance is okay, I can deal with that. But prolonged eye contact... very aggravating! Okay, my ranting is over. Back to de-spamming! wink

1. profile image0

ha ha

despamming, you got your hands full!! You guys really do have all my respect, can't be any easy job at all. Its nice to have a "personal" kinda comment now and then though. thanks.

trust me, I soooo "get" the social anxiety thing. Im just more over it then I used to be. reduction is not the way to go unelss your actually in pain.

2. JOE BARNETT profile image60

well i don't think anyone stares. i thought she was talking about the glances. once you become sensitve to this the glances would or might seem like stares

2. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pretty Panther -

Why does it bother us so much? 

BECAUSE WE HAVE BRAINS!!

Please look into my eyes with as much intensity as you look at my chest, look into my eyes with love instead of lust & desire for sex.  Why is it possible for some men to love while others are only in it for sex?  Is that all men want from women?  I want to be acknowledged for having a brain, for having feelings, for knowing how to, for being capable, for being human. 

I am sick and tired of being an object men so willingly use for their own sexual pleasure!! 

Maybe, just maybe, us women should stare into a man's crotch - wondering....is it really big?  Thick?  Maybe it's really, really long. 

But then again, women don't have the need to demoralize men by only thinking of them in terms of what they can do in bed.

1. Greek One profile image62
          Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe, just maybe, us women should stare into a man's crotch - wondering....is it really big?  Thick?  Maybe it's really, really long. 

IT"S ABOUT TIME!!!

1. Rafini profile image82

lol lollollollollollol

2. Rafini profile image82

of course, you wouldn't say that if you knew what it felt like to be demoralized, or if you had only been the object of sexual attention for your entire life.

but i HAVE been the object of sexual attention all my life....

(woman have turned their active attention to assuring  they do not have sex with me)

so you are saying that even though you are a man no-one knows you have a brain?  puhleeze!!

if women assure they don't have sex with you then you have the opposite problem....

are you asking me out??

oh jeez, was that your primary goal?  lol

3. profile image0
      woolman60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a male I will say this, it is how some males are brought up, some are brought up  to respect women and some (wandering eye) males are not bought up with any respect for women, I myself like the eye contact. However lets be honest some women, and there are some in this forum use the old standby "SEX SELLS" to get there point across, to sell products; to get your attention, and plain out right want to be noticed.
      Lecie I can understand how you feel, but please try to remember, the men who look into your eyes, respect you, the ones who have wandering eyes only care about themselves, and do not deserve the time of day. Do not let people make you feel uncomfortable about who you are or your body, you are beautiful.  Just keep you head up, and keep doing your thing, God Bless you, and be strong.

4. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Everyday. But it doesn't bother me at all.

5. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, im sorry to hear that lecie.  well i think it's sad that most men do that.  trust me, even if you did get a breast reduction, most guys would probably stare at something else like  your butt or something.  however, rest assured not all men are like that.  in fact, when i used to work at dillards, i was the only straight male employee there that didn't hit on every female customer.  where as the other guys did.  of course, i got ridiculed and got my sexuality called into question over it, but i never cared about that as i was a bit of a nerd in high school.  therefore, im used to people talking bad about me.  lol.  however, i'm still sorry to hear you went through that though.

@justine76

well i don't know why your husband doesn't look at you, but if that's how you still look now in your avatar, then i think your husband is a very lucky guy to have a wife that's both beautiful and smart.  smile

1. profile image0

thanks? hes busy looking at everybody else is all...its natural ya know? its how men are wired... see previous posts...

1. profile image0

yeah, i did.  however, i don't think you can say ALL men are like that.  obviously most are.  however, i can't speak for every guy in the room, but i always found the most attractive thing about a girl is her personality if you ask me.  don't get me wrong, pretty girls are nice to look at and easy on the eyes.  however, if the girl is a b**ch and/or a bimbo, then I wouldn't date her or be interested in her.  plus, if i was that bank employee lecie talked to, i would just focus on my job, as im very focused when it comes to work.  therefore, i don't think it's fair to say all men are like that.  although i do agree that all men usually rely on visual stimulation and most do often stare.  however, speaking solely for myself, i try to never stare at a girl's body when talking to them at all.  sure, i may glance at them a few times when i see one pass by that's pretty.  however, i would NEVER stare at her cleavage or her body when talking to her, as that would be disrespectful.  however, that's just me. 

eta:  plus, im always scared of getting fired at jobs, so i would be too much of  wimp to do what that guy did to lecie.  not that i agree with it, but just saying.  lol.

1. profile image0

thanks for sharing who you are!! Im so sure your going to find a perfect girl who deserves all that someday!!

1. profile image0

ps, I didnt mean to sound like I think ALL men are like that, its just what he told me after telling me he fanatisizes about having sex wih nearly every woman he sees..."its how men are wired. deal with it."

1. profile image0

oh no, i completely understand.  i didn't think much of it to be honest.  however, i appreciate you clearing that up though.  im sure mikel has his reasons for saying that.  i can see what he's saying to some degree about what women wear can attract a man's attention.  however, i do think that all men can use self control when addressing a lady.  i mean, just because your little head tells you something, doesn't mean you have to listen to it if you catch my drift?  lol. wink

1. profile image0

not mikel..sheesh, my husband.

1. profile image0

oh sorry.  i guess i misread then.  sorry mikel if your reading this.  lol.  anyway, im sorry your husband feels that way. although im sure he's a great guy, but i can't say i agree though.  i think it depends on the guy.  if he has a great deal of self control then he can still show attraction for a girl without being disrespectful to her.  however, some men tend to listen to their little head more so than their big ones if you catch my drift.  wink lol

6. JOE BARNETT profile image60

it's attractive! get it? it's the way we're wired it's not meant to be offensive or annoying. and how do you not see whats right in front of you. i guess the real question is what if no one ever looked, huh?

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image60
        Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!  Yeah, the big busty babes should continue to flaunt that stuff while we stare & drool; we'll just ignore their feign complaints, and continue as we were.  Ha-ha!

2. profile image0

i would finally feel safe if no one ever looked. i rarely ever go out anymore because when i do men surrond me and stare. even though i wear the baggiest clothes i can find. i also never wear make-up and try only looking at the ground.

1. JOE BARNETT profile image60

wow! whew!do ya have a boyfriend? you have peaked my interest now, and this is uncomfortable for you huh?ya know if you learn to harness this you can become famous

1. profile image0

no i don't have a boyfriend and the only way i want to be famous is through my children's books. i want to give kids a way to escape the harsh reality of their lives if even for a short time. i never had that when i was a kid. the only books i had to read were for school. my parents had too many kids, too little time and too little money. if i finally get my book published i'll probably stop going out all together and just pay people to do my errands.

2. Obscurely Diverse profile image60
          Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Those things must be whoppers!  I got it!  Before you get a reduction, contact an erotic supply store; have them big boobs of yours cast molded into a synthetic, realistic torso and/or sex doll...and they can sell it for loads of cash.  That way, you can retire and also have plenty of extra money for the medical bills - due to your reduction.  LOL!  wink

1. profile image0

:Dlol...i never thought of that. what a great idea.

7. Springboard profile image83
      Springboardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm inclined to believe this is not entirely disrespect. It's part instinct. We're men. And yes, sometimes we are animals no matter how hard we try to not be.

I guess I have a follow up interesting question for the ladies that really irks me. Why are the first couple of questions of a guy are how much money does he make or what he does for a living?

Can't you just accept me for me?

I know. It DOES sound silly, doesn't it. Keep that in mind. smile

1. JOE BARNETT profile image60

oh man you hit the nail on the head. that is the tackiest question  and an immediate turn off to me.you can meet somebody and you are just laughing and having a good time and the first thing out of there mouth is so, what do you do? it's like a job interview for laughter but also lets you know they want to know how much money you have that they can get at! you are right! tacky,tacky,tacky

8. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure why men are so obsessed with breasts, I personally am not, though they are in close proximity to the face and they did play an early role in nurturing us as babies and they are a part of foreplay leading up to sexual gratification.

The question might be why does having anyone staring at your breasts bother you? Why wouldn't you be proud that your breasts would garner such attention? If it bothers you that much, I would suggest you simple embarrass the culprit by exclaiming loudly "Hey I'm up here!" and pointing to your face.

1. profile image0

lmao...great advice. let me ask you...lets say for instance you are the guy and i say that to you. how would you react to that? just curious because i don't want to try that if the guy might start some kind of fight or something. after all this happens in public places like banks or grocery stores.

1. profile image0

they are usally embaressed and walk off

maybe they would try to say they werent looking

not many guys are about to fight with a woman in public.  smile

2. profile image0
          Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My guess is most people would blush with embarrassment and I doubt anyone would get in a fight over it! Let me know how that works for you!

9. dashingscorpio profile image82
      dashingscorpioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I honestly don't think that men are aware that they are staring much like a little kids being momentarily awestruck by something either beautiful or repulsive. It's human nature to sneak a peek at both extremes.
      They really don't realize how obvious they are being while looking at you.

In America both women and men are obsessed with breast.
      It's probably still the number one plastic surgery requested and in most instances it's the woman's idea to increase her breast size.
      There is no comparison between looking at breast and a penis.
      Breast are not sex organs!
      A better comparison would be a woman staring at a man's chest, shoulders, or his 6 pack stomach.
      Both sexes have body parts they admire in the other.

Attraction or being hit on is only "offensive" if the person attracted to us is not someone we're interested in.

Since we have no control over what others think or reasons they are attracted to us it's a waste of time get caught up in that mess.
      Besides as you age there will be less eyes peering at you.
      In America getting "older " is a turn off! ha ha ha
      Men are considered  as"Dirty old men"
      Women are considered as "Old hags"
      In other words if you hate the opposite sex staring at you...trust me it's not going to always be that way!
      (It also explains why there are so many lotions and creams promising to remove or hide wrinkles, age spots, cellulite, crows feet...etc along with botox shots, brow lifts, removing fat from turkey necks, unsightly veins..etc)
      If getting old or fat were considered sexy in this country most of these products wouldn't make a dime.

Imagine yourself as being a beautiful model, movie star or some other famous person. Everywhere these people go others are staring at them, taking their photos, and fantasizing about them.
      They learn to enjoy the attentiion realizing it's "fleeting" or they learn to ignore it and focus on what they want in the moment.

Bottom line is we have no control over what someone looks at or thinks about us. The only person we have control of is ourselves.
      Don't let someone else control your emotions or reactions.
      Most of us enjoy turning heads or being considered attractive or sexy.
      We just want others to know there is more to us.

1. profile image0

very nicely put, you should write a hub about all of that.

10. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I stare at womens breast, not be perverted but sometimes just because they are too big to look away.  lol

kinda like a gravitational pull?

1. profile image0

More like amazement and sometime a lil' jealousy.  big_smile

i think the size of a woman's chest is over-rated...

I'm more of a face man myself

1. profile image0

Definitely so but I think there is a bit of a "maternal" jealousy that makes us subconsciously a wee bit jealous, not that breast size has anything to do with it but still... lol

Good to know you are a face man yourself.

i have breasts bigger than most women I know.. and I'm not turned on at all by them

1. mega1 profile image78
                  mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really feel for ya, Greek!

you want to feel me??

11. Anath profile image61
      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very often, and I love it smile

A reduction?  No way! It's like driving a Ferrari, you wouldn't change your Ferrari for a Peugeot.  Would you?

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

everyone but my husband looks

1. dashingscorpio profile image82
      dashingscorpioposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you shared the photo with us! :-)
      Both sexes are guilty of taking more interest in what they don't have than what they do have.
      I suppose it's human nature to place more value on something that's new to us. A while back I wrote a blog asking "Do we save our best for the beginnings?"
      Fortunately these things run in cycles and I'm certain your husband is still checking  you out without being too obvious!

3. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

i already have social phobias and the constant staring is making it harder for me to overcome them.

1. profile image0

sad develop terrets?

4. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

oh    my    god -  Mikel, how rude can you get?  someone states that they have social phobias and you insinuate that they are flaunting their breasts?  I've run into the same thing - the staring, and I wear very baggy clothes, I have since I was young and in high school and started developing these things.  I don't appreciate it.  I don't think its funny.  I don't think some men will ever understand that their groping stares are unwelcome! and it doesn't have anything to do with how we are open about sex and flirt and all that.  but, on the other hand, expecting a gentle, kind exchange on this subject in these forums is probably kind of unrealistic.

OMG, actually her statement of having social phobias came as I was writing my initial statement. Which was a question actually... but you go ahead and get self righteous and call me rude all you want. (which is very rude BTW.)

1. Lymond profile image85
        Lymondposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hear Apple are bringing out an ipod breast implant. Apparently they're going on public feedback from women who said they're sick of men just staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

5. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

thanks so much for the post. i really just wanted to make sure that i was not alone in thinking the staring is unwelcome.

6. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

In my experience, the amount of stares are about the same, big or small.  Wearing clothing that fits properly, making one a complete package from head to toe, is the best way I have found to get one to notice your face, above your assets.

7. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

thanks for the advice. i'll try that before the reduction and terrets.lol

8. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I, myself have difficulty not checking out breasts.  However that may sound, its true.  But i think women have beautiful bodies and so I admire them.  Not in a sexual way though.  But I do understand why men are attracted to our breasts.  and I don't feel weird or strange or uncomfortable by that kind of attention.  I learned long ago how to use that to my advantage smile

9. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

Lecie - By the way, as this is your thread.  I'm sorry for what you've had to go through.  I won't get into "counseling, help, blah, blah" but, I do hope you have a better support group than us! Like Mega said, we can be great to talk to, or not so much.  Be careful. smile Its easy to get some sensitive places stepped on in the forums.

10. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 14 years ago

Almost never.

1. RecoverToday profile image83
      RecoverTodayposted 14 years ago

I've never caught anyone looking at my breasts.

2. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years ago

OK, I will never stare at your bewbies again. Can I look up your dress?

1. profile image0

you can look at my toes..

3. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 14 years ago

♫♪♫♪  people,     people who need people   â™«   â™ª   â™«â™ª

4. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years ago

OK, show me.

1. profile image0

hang on..Ill see what I can do

5. donotfear profile image82
      donotfearposted 14 years ago

I never seem to catch em looking at my chest. Maybe it's not an eye catcher!  Ha....what I do catch em looking at is my butt!
      http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/1180.jpg

1. profile image0

lol

6. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years ago

Well, my twins are so "out there," guys are always staring at them. I'm used to it. I don't think all of the lookers are lusting - I think maybe some are trying to figure out:

a. Does she have balloons stuffed in her shirt?
      b. Is this a joke?
      c. Am I on Candid Camera?
      d. Does she get two black eyes when she jumps rope?

1. profile image0

running = black eyes

just to end any confusion.  wink

2. elayne001 profile image79
        elayne001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Also, I have heard it said that men who stare at boobs never totally got weaned from the breast when they were babies so you could feel sorry for them - don't get a reduction - it will hurt you a lot more than them.

7. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years ago

Honestly, I don't mind if they look it is a natural instinct I just smile and go about my business. We as women look at derriere's , chests, arms, teeth whatever floats our boat so it in no way offends me when a man looks at me and my girls.  When I am 90 you can bet your bippy they will not look then! so let them enjoy the scenery and just relax. If they don't look you should be a little concerned. smile

8. Urbane Chaos profile image91
      Urbane Chaosposted 14 years ago

I was going to post a reply to this, but I forgot what it was.  Some chick with a nice set of duffel bags just walked by..

...wait...

...ok, she's gone.  Now what were we talking about?

Oh, sweater huggers, that's right.. Really, it's just instinct to look at a nice pair of blouse clowns, the same way it is when a chick checks out a guys body.  I mean, really, everyone judges another based on something, whether it's a chicks silicone implanted bolt ons or a guys steroid hyped six-pack. 

Seriously now, a lot of chicks think guys are lookin' when they really aren't.  There are perverts out there, true, but a lot of times it's more innocent than one may think.  Other times, chicks wear clothing that just invite those mischievous stares.

My thought, if you don't like it, just say somethin' and be done with it.  Letting things like that worry ya won't add another single day to your life.

Now.. gotta run, I gotta go find that chick with the nice double lotus peaks .. big_smile yikes

9. H.C Porter profile image79
      H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

I think that all men look at all women from head to toe and settle on one of her assets to focus in on- if you have a nice rear end, they may look you in the eyes while speaking to you, but focus in on your tush as you walk away from them.
      I think women with smaller breasts have the same problem (if they have any sort of breast/most men want to see them...)

1. profile image0

"once you've seen one set of boobs, you want to see the rest of them"

something some comedian siad and hubby fully agrees.  smile

1. H.C Porter profile image79
          H.C Porterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!
          Does not matter if they are 90 years old and have to be rolled up when getting dressed- for some reasons, guys want to see them???

(the comedian is Ron White/from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, I think?)

1. profile image0

probablly

tater salad

10. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

I have teens so I get to be around lots of teen boys and I think it's genetic. Puberty hits and they start staring. Even at me and I'm like ancient to them.

1. profile image0

its sooner then that!!! I had a kid who was 6 grab mine! I do really think boys/men/guys like boobies
        and its not on purpose to be nasty. But SOME of them could learn how to "peek" rather then STARE

and Im not talking about the girls who are flaunting them, Im well aware that some girls parade them around and then get all.."hmmmmph, what are YOU looking at?"

the OP was talking aobut a woman who does not want to be looked at, is not dressed in a way to provoke oogling, but it still happens. My guess is...some guys are rude. Some guys arent looking but becuase the woman is self-conciouss she thinks they are. Some guys simply think the girl is pretty, and its taken the wrong way. Life is wierd, and people are wierder.

1. profile image0
          JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I feel sorry for the males actually. I know at the highschools the girls are half naked except during hoodie season and if the boys look they are sexually harassing.

I thought it was funny when I got the handbook for my daughters' old highschool. It clearly said no low cut shirts. All the shirts were low cut. I figured the school gave up and next year it will just say "no exposed nipples"

I don't know what the OP can do. Just realise it's not personal. And probably not on purpose.

It depends on who's doing it too. Some guys are very creepy about it.

1. profile image0

exactly. yes. its really not personal, and there are SOME wierdos in existence, and even then...not personal.

11. colepark2 profile image57
      colepark2posted 14 years ago

am looking for a good woman

12. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

oh by the way, i read a hub a while back about how boobs contain gravitational pull which makes eyes attracted to them.  idk if that's true, but that's what one hubber wrote about here.  lol.

1. profile image0

lol...i really enjoyed all the chat here. i posted to try boosting my courage in face to face encounters. i made up my mind, that the next time i catch a guys eye doing the gravitational pull, i will kindly point out that they are being disrespectful and i don't like it.
        it was nice hearing all of your opinions and thoughts on the subject.

1. profile image0

i saw a tshirt once, it said..tell youy boobs to stop making eye contact with me

1. profile image0

lol...that would probably be the wrong shirt for me to wear. as i'm sure it's intent is to draw attention. but it did make me laugh.

1. profile image0

ha, it made me laugh too.

the thing is, I really do get how bad it can make you feel. but if you can laugh a little, it helps.  smile

13. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

what about all you women looking at my penis?!?!??!?

http://images.veer.com/IMG/PIMG/SIP/SIP2006801_P.JPG

14. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

how can we possibly see what the real issue is if we don't see the offending breasts in question??

15. profile image0
      Lecieposted 14 years ago

here they are...OO
      does that make you happy greek?

sadly, yeah.. that's enough to do it lol

1. profile image0

well i have to give you credit for being honest.lol

16. DaniellaWood profile image72
      DaniellaWoodposted 14 years ago

Welll I'm very petite and I'm afraid the male species still cannot help but look, so I'm urging you not to get that boob reduction - it would be a waste of time methinks. Maybe the solution is just to change your attitude towards the whole situation and start loving all the attention rather than hating it! smile

17. donotfear profile image82
      donotfearposted 14 years ago

I see the boob thread is still going strong.

SARCASM:

"I believe we women oughtta be able to express ourselves any way we want...if we wanna flaunt it, we can, & if they wanna look, good. But don't come on to me or I'll file a discrimination suit against ya!"

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/335302_f260.jpg

18. profile image0
      Lecieposted 14 years ago

thanks for the advice

19. LeanMan profile image78
      LeanManposted 14 years ago

As a man I can honestly say that I find it very hard not to look, especialy if they are half exposed or very shapely..
      But i don't stare while I am talking to the lady in question or while I am listening to them.. Everyone glances at the others body, staring however would indicate that the guy is either a total perv or that he was totaly bored and dropping off into a dream world.. In either case an old friend of mine with "huge" boobs used to just shake them and cough if a man's eyes wandered off for too long... this usually resulted in a red face on the mans part and far more co-operation with regard to whatever it was she was after!

Don't worry about them, don't be shy of them.. Other people's reactions are their problems don't make them yours!

20. jay.staniforth profile image60
      jay.staniforthposted 14 years ago

I will agree here, i don't go out on a mission to grasp a look at any half-out breast set, but women who are "proud" of what they have to offer DO tend to have them on show, a good shot of cleavage at least. It is sometimes hard not to notice it and look, but it's when the medusa style stare kicks in that it passes the point of common decency. fair enough your going to "notice" the show, but there is an amount of time that becomes uneccessary to continue the viewing.

I do feel that women dress in such ways as to show thier assets, as a man would with his muscular statures.. eg t shirt or tight top.

So... who are we to say anything?!

21. profile image0
      Lecieposted 14 years ago

i really have to give thanks to all of the men here for their honesty on this subject. i also want to say that i'm not pointing the finger at any of you as i'm sure you're all nice guys. just the ones in my town seem to be the worst. i wanted to know if it was just me or if other women had the same problem. i think us ladies need to give you guys a big round of applause for your honesty. smile

you're very welcome

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

Honesty?...

Ok...

Here is honesty, I feel I have a right to look at anything my eyes can see. If it is in public, I have a Right to look at it.

Being a decent man, a man that wants to be polite I choose to look politely and stop looking when I think it becomes something rude.

That someone else seems to think that they get to decide what I can and cannot 'Look' at is a form of facism. Touching is one thing, looking is quite another.

If you dress like eye candy, expect to be treated like eye candy.

My Humble Honest Opinion.

22. profile image59
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

I believe according to Donny Baker, it is state law to look!

23. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

Lecie, sorry to hear about your phobia. I wouldn't waste my time or money on a reduction unless you absolutely want one, because guys are going to look at you whether you have a big chest or a small one.  It's just the way they are and they really have no way of knowing who wants to be ogled and who doesn't.  It's not only the chest that attracts attention, guys like butts, legs, hair, pick a body part and some guy out there will be rude and stare at it. 

I have long red hair and men have gone so far at to shout out of passing car windows "is the carpet the same color as"... well you get it. It's forever attracting both positive as well as negative attention. 

My oldest daughter is 6'1" and very attractive.  She has very long legs, and one afternoon when we were walking to our car parked in the mall parking lot, two men approched her and one of them said in a very rude manner, "I bet it takes you forever to shave them legs." 

Some men feel they can get away with these things because somewhere someone in their past once said it was OK to treat women as objects.  Of course while outwardly in our current policitally correct society this is no longer acceptable, in practice however, many men will continue to objectify women.  It's just a fact of life when they let the little head do their thinking for them.

Spend your time and resources working on your phobia, it might help make the attention less painful for you. A good therapist is worth a hundred body part augmentations.

24. profile image0
      Lecieposted 14 years ago

i'm sorry these things happen to you and your daughter. you are right most men do see us as objects. my insurance doesn't cover a good therapist and i can't afford $500 an hour for one either. so i'm starting to use my work as my therapy. i also have been trying to get bolder on the internet by posting topics like this. hopefully it can help me to better handle these kind of situtations in a face to face encounter. or rather a face to chest encounter.lol

25. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years ago

Personally I really don't care one way how  and why  any stranger looks at me... (I stopped caring since high school!)... I actually don't have the time or energy to give it a second thought!

Just take it in your stride Lecie, hold your head high and if anything, consider it a compliment.... smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)