jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Meeting your ex

1. pisean282311 profile image60
    pisean282311posted 6 years ago

have any of you come across your ex in social gathering with whom you had turbulent breakup?...

1. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

the court order prohibits that from happening

1. pisean282311 profile image60
        pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. 60
        windowwashingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. IntimatEvolution profile image83
      IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, not as a middle age adult.

Still though, I would not like it.  However though, my husband is so much better than he could ever be.  That would give me warmth in the presence of his potential cold glare.

3. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've had my ex wife over my house and have been to several social functions where she was present.

2. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

that would be too funny!!

3. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

Yep. I just looked the other way. Then ran into the ex husband in a bar one night. I just decided, okay, I'll be nice and friendly. I went over and said hello. He became irate, making snide remarks at me across the pool room. Then he walked over to my table, reached in his pocket, and pitched a penny at me.

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a real nice guy.  But you're crying in your beer (NOT) that you let that one get away, eh?

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 6 years ago

I have a few ex-boyfriends that I'm still friends with and I talk to my ex-husbands more often than I'd like to. 

I have two daughters from two different ex-husbands.  Most of the time I have to track them down at holidays and the girls' birthdays to make sure they send cards, etc.  Also, when the girls' want to see there dads.  When my grandson was born, I paid the roundtrip airfare for my 3rd husband and his wife to come out from Texas to see the baby. It's really sad when you have to call the father of your child to remind him to send a birthday card or when you have to buy presents from "him" to put under the tree at Christmas, or when you have to hire a private detective to find him because his daughter wants to visit.

I get more butterflies in my stomach thinking about meeting my husband's ex's.  His most recent one is just in the next state less than 50 miles away and when we go to visit his family out west, well the chances of meeting one of his ex-wives or ex-girlfriends are excellent.  Also, he keeps in touch because he has children with some of these women... children for whom I'm paying his child support.

It's easy to drop an ex and never have to see or hear from them again, but once you have children, everything gets complicated.

5. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

It took a few years, but my "ex" and I are best friends and hang out regularly.  (And that's after a pretty, pretty, nasty divorce.)  We pretty much have an "Old Christine" type of thing going - minus "New Christine".

6. sagbee profile image60
    sagbeeposted 6 years ago

Never.. If in case We confront.. I am sure going to pass a nice smile.. no matter she ignores.. tongue haha

7. 60
    windowwashingposted 6 years ago

I ran into my ex at the mall, we had a really harsh breakup after 2 years of being together, that was about 4 or 5 months ago. We talked for a while, she kept complimenting on how i look and what not. I told her about my new job, asked her about hers, it was a really cool connection, until her new boyfriend came over. Most of me was asking-WTF you went this low after me?- I know her life isn't as easy as it was before, when she lived with me, and I know I miss her, I was getting ready to pop the question and I know she would have said yes, but things just didn't work out. It is what it is though.