Women and cars

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (49 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Why do women play with their hair when they do something wrong while driving?

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For the same reason men scratch their sideburns, beard or other parts of their face.  It's a human thing.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree.smile

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

who says women do something wrong while driving? maybe they play with thier hair cuz thier husband's yelling at them makes them nervous...

1. profile image0

Whoa! Well I wouldn't know my wife won't drive when I'm in the car she says I make her nervous, I don't yell at her.smile

1. profile image0

lucky her.  wink

3. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And THAT is why I always wear it in a pony tail when driving...wink

1. profile image0

very smart!smile

4. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have my license, but live a carless lifestyle.  I do, however, get pedestrian rage.

1. profile image0

I bet you save some serious money!smile

2. TheGlassSpider profile image63
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Why do men think they're the only ones who can drive? Any insurance company will tell you that that is MOST assuredly NOT the case. wink

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. profile image0

Do you play with your hair?wink

1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. Especially not in the car. When I'm busy, my hair is up, out of my way, and left alone.

Get hit by a car once, and you don't do anything but drive when you're behind the wheel my friend - whether you're a chick or not.

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Insurance is a scam tongue

1. TheGlassSpider profile image63
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Misha, I agree, but their actuarial tables are quite clear on who is risky and who is not. wink tongue

It's very good to see you around! How are you?

1. profile image0

I know you're the best driver in the world but this post was to adress why when they make a mistake they do this. I know its rare if ever.yikes

2. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True dat LOL.

And I am fine, thank you, how bout you? smile

4. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Do insurance agents play with their hair when they make a mistake?

They would, Rochelle, but if the adhesive is no good, it comes off and, well, it's embarrassing etc.

2. profile image0

I don't think they think they make mistakes!smile

3. Risk33 profile image58
      Risk33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yea, and scratch their ankle

4. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most insurance agents I've known don't have any hair!  lol

5. H.C Porter profile image81
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

It is because when we do something wrong we revert back to childlike mannerisms to cover our embarrassment and/or comfort our insecurities. Men do it too- typically it is something such scratching your beard/chin or upper lip. The hand gestures in front of the face is comparable to the reaction a child has when they are in the wrong, they cover their face or eyes as if they are hiding and you cant see them- same type of thing.

(I studied ASL and Body language for many, many years...lol)

1. profile image0

Great answer! Do you play with your hair?big_smile

1. H.C Porter profile image81
        H.C Porterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sometimes---when I get stressed out, until i realize what i am doing and then start clenching the steering wheel  big_smile

1. profile image0

Been there done that!smile

6. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

What women are you talking about?  I don't play with my hair, I'm too busy putting on my makeup and texting.

1. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile
      Besides, what ARE men doing looking at us for?? They ought to be focusing on their own driving instead... roll

2. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and I am too busy shaving to notice smile

3. Risk33 profile image58
      Risk33posted 14 years ago

i like dis, lol

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

ha, I don't make mistakes while driving. wink

but I play with my hair sometimes if the stop light is taking forever. big_smile  I don't know why.

5. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I don't play with my hair.

1. profile image0

I hope its by choice and not because you're bald!smile

6. H.C Porter profile image81
      H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

I wonder why some people decide their car is the appropriate place to pick their noses? I often bare witness to the determination of some drivers to find whatever they are looking for within their nostril...??? I wonder if it is considered a driving hazard? For some reason, it is really distracting for me- but the one doing the digging seems to be content and I have yet to have anyone notice by bewildering stares. 

lol, just thought I would throw in my random thought-

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have seen several people actually put in their mouth what they dig out

1. H.C Porter profile image81
          H.C Porterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

either that or flick the prize out the window...

It's best to see them dig at a red light, they flop their arm out the window, their thumb and forefinger tips cycling together as they roll the globular prize into a proper sphere for flicking. I often strain to see if I can tell where they go, hoping to see the nasal nugget sticking to the paint on the door of the car next to them, but they're just too small to see.

2. profile image0

They're looking for a lucky one!big_smile

7. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years ago

I wonder what sneaky plays with when he is driving? LOL his knob? not that, the radio.

1. profile image0

lol  I actually saw that once..I used to live on a busy corner, on the second floor, I had a porch....
        that guy reaaaaly liked to play with his knob...I mean..radio

1. profile image60
          logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So did you offer your assistance in tuning in his radio! smile

1. profile image0

no. hahahhhaaaa! I was just sitting on my porch as he "drove" by. It made me laugh and wonder, how the heck does he avoid car accidents?

2. profile image0

I drive a lot for my work I usually listen to talk radio between phone calls. At the lights I usually read thru notes to make sure I don't miss something, I still miss stuff!big_smile

8. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years ago

hahahaha Justine. too funny girl. ROFLMAO

1. profile image0

big_smile

9. Jo W profile image68
      Jo Wposted 14 years ago

what IS the fascination with guys and their "radios"? I say just set and forget guys! Those knobs ain't gonna fall off! lol wink

10. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I never turn on any radio when I drive-- too distracting

11. pooja0908 profile image60
      pooja0908posted 13 years ago

in case of lack of mutual understnading women can ruin your life mentally and phsycologically

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)