jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (24 posts)

what is Friendship??

1. pooja0908 profile image65
    pooja0908posted 6 years ago

specific definition.....

1. 60
      rannposted 6 years ago in reply to this

woww good question..

i do like friend ship with girls. it's one kind of happy ness while you share your feelings with your friends..

2. 62
      doejane1967posted 6 years ago in reply to this

A friend is there no matter what

3. leatherjackets99s profile image61
      leatherjackets99sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Friendship is an in-depth relationship

4. pisean282311 profile image59
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

friendship for me is paramount of every relationship..even father-son , wife-husband is not complete till they become friends..

1. USMCwifey09 profile image75
        USMCwifey09posted 6 years ago in reply to this

again, totally agree with pisean. my husband and i were...literally...best friends before we got married, and have remained so.

anyway, point being: friendship is recognizing the beauty and value of each other's life and soul. In Irish Gaelic, the term for a deep and meaningful friendship is 'Anam Cara', translated as 'friend of the soul'.

2. andromida profile image76
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

it's a bonding of belief and trust between two similar minded humans or any other form of creatures having developed conscious system.

3. 60
    Tearbearposted 6 years ago

A friend can help you through problems and is always there. You can tell them anything and worry about telling them.

4. d luck profile image60
    d luckposted 6 years ago

you can found the meaning of friendship by listening to Manowar song, Blood Brother.

"a friend will not say no"

5. raisingme profile image88
    raisingmeposted 6 years ago

A friend is someone who finds out what you want, what your dreams and goals are and helps and supports you in achieving them.  Friendships is reciprocal.  True friends are gold!

6. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

Friendship means to me.. a person who is fun and pleasant to be around, has similar interests (hopefully), and you support each other when life gets rough.

1. Polly C profile image87
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it's all of these things, yet real friendship still needs a special kind of 'spark' to hit it off, whch is hard to define.

1. Polly C profile image87
        Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A bit like a relationship without the desire for physical intimacy, I guess.

1. Art 4 Life profile image59
          Art 4 Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just wrote a hub on friendships with the women I have met where I live....to me, friendship is the meeting of same minds, same interests, be willing to stand byside each other in good times and hard times, and to accept each other's faults, ...that is what I have always thought of friendship should be....

7. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

friendship to me is being able to share your most intimate secrets and no matter what a person does there is an unconditional love for one another that surpasses all others. You have to be a friend to have a friend and most friendships you can count on one hand.smile

8. 0
    poetlorraineposted 6 years ago

having a friend is special.  You can be in any frame of mind and still be loved.  A friend does little things that mean a lot.  I have lost my friend on hubpages for a couple of days where are you?

9. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

The bond between 2 or more people were the can trust and be there for each other no matter whats goin on in their lives!

10. 0
    Non-offensiveUserposted 6 years ago

Is never having to say you're sorry.

11. watchya profile image61
    watchyaposted 6 years ago

Friendship is Trust, Love & Acceptance

12. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

When life gets tough and painful - you find out who your true friends are.

1. watchya profile image61
      watchyaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It works every time !

13. 0
    Non-offensiveUserposted 6 years ago

True frendship is not setting rat traps by the front door.

14. Lita C. Malicdem profile image81
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 6 years ago

Friendship to me is liking the other fellow the way you like yourself. You won't hurt him because you don't like to be hurt. There is balance of love, respect, give-and-take between you.

15. Internetwriter62 profile image85
    Internetwriter62posted 6 years ago

A friend doesn't use you. A friend doesn't treat you like a possession. A friend knows when to call and when to leave you alone. A friend give and takes and doesn't asks everyone to baby her.