jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Stereotyping

1. calpol25 profile image78
    calpol25posted 6 years ago

Stereotyping is so wrong because you are judging a person on prejudices and opinions that you have made with out any fact or proof, and not getting to know the actual person.
    Some people have created stupid stereotypes such as gay and lesbian people are just people who cant afford a sex changes!!
    Im sure that everyone will agree that this is BULL SH*T!!
    Other stereotypes people assume are

1)that all straight man have the fantasy of sex with two women!!! (This is also BULL)

2)that all gay men will behave like women and all lesbian women will behave like men!!! (Total Bull!!!)

Not all people are the same every one is different, see if you can think of any stereotypes that are bull!!!!

1. moondive profile image60
      moondiveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you, I hate stereotypes!

calpol25posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Stereotypes hurt people and restrict them to freedom i find

via labelling and categorizing them and only acknowledging them for the label you have given them and not the person that they are!

1. ceciliabeltran profile image85
            ceciliabeltranposted 6 years ago in reply to this

stereotypes is a biological mechanism to simplify life. every body does it.

Now categorizing who gets more opportunities is another issue wink

2. samboiam profile image61
      samboiamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree with you. I am a straight man and have never fantasized about having sex with two women at the same time. My fantasies have never had fewer than four women. lol. Just joking.

I have written a hub dealing with this subject. Breaking Stereotypes - Truths That Have Shaped My Life - Part 4
      I mention it only because I believe it to be relevant.

Thank you samboiam i look forward to reading that hub.

3. aspiringauthor profile image59
      aspiringauthorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. Stereotyping is wrong, but everyone does it at one point in their life or another.

That is true we are all victims of stereotyping.
        however as long as we can keep our opinions to ourselves when we know it could hurt some one, we can avoid any trouble.

working